leshismore

Did Nomad Really Get Fired?

1 minute ago, hammerlockthree said:

You such a shill. 

That statement is as empty, cowardly and meaningless as it could be. 

no surprise you are going to take that angle...

you take that angle with everything... you are nothing but an anti-flo antagonist...

downey showed his ass on twitter... NJRTC had to drop him... Flo had to drop him... they both did it in the way professionals do it... 

i know that doesn't sit well with gossip circles you and the others only operate in...

just know that you are going to continue to go through life angry at the big bad wolf and nothing will ever change...

so, prepare to throw a lot of temper tantrums...

1 hour ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

CP said "He (Downey) is off the card for a variety of reasons. You know. And his Tweets Friday are not representative of our perspective or our opinions on women's wrestling."

Seems like Downey's tweets represented Flo's perspective on women's wrestling pretty accurately, according to the women wrestlers.

2 hours ago, LJB said:

willie playing the close minded jack ass to nomad's shaking head was ok for the kids who just want drama...

askren has was the absolute best pick up they could have got and has made 3Xs as much content exponentially more worthwhile...

I think Askren is definitely better on FRL.   But didn't Willie actually do other stuff like rankings, articles, etc?  

27 minutes ago, GoNotQuietly said:

Seems like Downey's tweets represented Flo's perspective on women's wrestling pretty accurately, according to the women wrestlers.

CP anticipated your argument. The next sentences out of his mouth after the two about Downey were: "Just so you know, before we announced our initial card for July 25th, we attempted to make a woman's match happen. And the wrestlers we reached out to were not interested in wrestling. And after we announced our initial card, Sally Roberts from Wrestle Like A Gril stepped up and said, 'Hey, can I help you guys add a woman's wrestling match?'. And we said, 'Yeah, absolutely'. And with her help and cooperation we were able to make offers to 8 different women to wrestle on July 25th, and they all declined. And our offers were comparable to that of the other matches on the undercard, and nearly twice what we paid Pat Downey to wrestle at Who's Number 1 in October. And throughout this weekend we were still trying to add a woman's match. So we wanted woman's wrestling to be on this card. If we do it again we want woman's wrestling to be involved. Today a member of the Flo personnel will be meeting with members of the woman's wrestling community to talk with them about how we can work better together and moving forward and for a discussion of collaboration. And so that's that."

9 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I think Askren is definitely better on FRL.   But didn't Willie actually do other stuff like rankings, articles, etc?  

he did...

and we can debate the worth of the other stuff he did as well, but, that probably would not be very productive...

what really can't be debated is he was a jack ass while working for Flo... coming on here and trying to bully anyone who made an anti-flo post... he is a jack ass now coming on here and trying to bully anyone who is not on board with whatever his agenda this week is...

bragging about a text thread is just the absolute perfect example of his mentality...

whatever...

1 minute ago, RegularStalling said:

If you were in Pyles' position, what would you have said? What would have been adequate in your opinion?

I would have said what happened, and if I for some reason couldn't address the issue, I would not address it. 

I wouldn't pretend to address it but switch out the actual information for some vague nonsense. 

51 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

I would have said what happened, and if I for some reason couldn't address the issue, I would not address it. 

I wouldn't pretend to address it but switch out the actual information for some vague nonsense. 

Would have liked to see him address the “Flo employee,” but at least he addressed the Downey/women issue which is a pretty good start.

Is there any sort of schedule for when Nomad is on FRL vs Bratke?  It’s possible Nomad is still there and they’re just trolling us by purposely not putting him on FRL.

11 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Would have liked to see him address the “Flo employee,” but at least he addressed the Downey/women issue which is a pretty good start.

Is there any sort of schedule for when Nomad is on FRL vs Bratke?  It’s possible Nomad is still there and they’re just trolling us by purposely not putting him on FRL.

Did he address the Downey issue? Saying "a variety of reasons" doesn't cut it. 

IMHO, the idea that Flo is stupid enough to troll its customers is more insulting than anything I've said about them.

Edited by hammerlockthree

40 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

IMHO, the idea that Flo is stupid enough to troll its customers is more insulting than anything I've said about them.

Do you realize they most likely have legal obligations as to why the can’t discuss it right now?  I thought we covered this. 

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

Do you realize they most likely have legal obligations as to why the can’t discuss it right now?  I thought we covered this. 

Then they can say that. The district attorney didn't stop by Flo and tell them they have to resort of vapid euphemisms. 

Just now, hammerlockthree said:

Then they can say that. The district attorney didn't stop by Flo and tell them they have to resort of vapid euphemisms. 

That’s possibly because the district attorney wouldn’t have any relevance in what would be a civil case. 

But I digress. You’re going to cry no matter what. Enjoy. 

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

That’s possibly because the district attorney wouldn’t have any relevance in what would be a civil case. 

But I digress. You’re going to cry no matter what. Enjoy. 

That's not a response to my statement. 

1 hour ago, hammerlockthree said:

They said his tweets were not representative of their beliefs, I think that’s pretty much saying that was the reason why he’s no longer wrestling (but no, we don’t technically know whose decision it was).

I would bet a good portion of those complaining about Flo are not actually paying customers.

7 minutes ago, LJB said:

downey is just ducking clothes...

Actually I think Barbarian is completely lying. I think they really didn’t cut ties with him, they just worked something out together to make it sound like it was their idea. 

11 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

They said his tweets were not representative of their beliefs, I think that’s pretty much saying that was the reason why he’s no longer wrestling (but no, we don’t technically know whose decision it was).

I would bet a good portion of those complaining about Flo are not actually paying customers.

I am a paying customer. 

I don't like seeing our sports leading media platform undermine itself constantly with this fanboy approach to their jobs. Let's say you are correct, and Pyles was tacitly admitting that they bailed on Downey because his tweets were not PC enough, that means they grabbed a guy whose almost entire relevance to the sport was being a loud idiot on social media, offered him $10,000, and then bailed on him because it turned out he is a loud idiot on social media. This is not competence. 

If it turns out Downey has basically committed a crime and they can't talk about it(as lurker thinks), then they should say that, or say nothing, not treat their customers like a bunch of idiots.