leshismore

Did Nomad Really Get Fired?

Just now, Lurker said:

Actually I think Barbarian is completely lying. I think they really didn’t cut ties with him, they just worked something out together to make it sound like it was their idea. 

Okay I’ve thought about it for five seconds and I’m sold. That’s what really happened. 

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

Actually I think Barbarian is completely lying. I think they really didn’t cut ties with him, they just worked something out together to make it sound like it was their idea. 

man, those lying dirty dogs!!!!!

#teamnopants

9 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

I am a paying customer. 

I don't like seeing our sports leading media platform undermine itself constantly with this fanboy approach to their jobs. Let's say you are correct, and Pyles was tacitly admitting that they bailed on Downey because his tweets were not PC enough, that means they grabbed a guy whose almost entire relevance to the sport was being a loud idiot on social media, offered him $10,000, and then bailed on him because it turned out he is a loud idiot on social media. This is not competence. 

If it turns out Downey has basically committed a crime and they can't talk about it(as lurker thinks), then they should say that, or say nothing, not treat their customers like a bunch of idiots. 

I see your point, but he WAS a world team member (David Taylor or not he was, s*** happens) as far a relevancy to the sport. He is an idiot however and I dislike the Flobro's promoting that kind of frat dude behavior. It's fine in doses but they've just become out of pocket with it. 

10 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

I am a paying customer. 

I don't like seeing our sports leading media platform undermine itself constantly with this fanboy approach to their jobs. Let's say you are correct, and Pyles was tacitly admitting that they bailed on Downey because his tweets were not PC enough, that means they grabbed a guy whose almost entire relevance to the sport was being a loud idiot on social media, offered him $10,000, and then bailed on him because it turned out he is a loud idiot on social media. This is not competence. 

If it turns out Downey has basically committed a crime and they can't talk about it(as lurker thinks), then they should say that, or say nothing, not treat their customers like a bunch of idiots. 

Eh, even without the alleged crime, I think most would agree some of his tweets were out of line even by PD3 standards.  It was kinda hard to keep up with though because most of them got deleted.

If he had only argued about people not wanting to watch women wrestle, I think he’d still have a job and a gig on 7/25.  But when he started saying things like “women  always in they feelings” is arguably when he crossed the line.

PUKE-MAD is a little weasel who must have sniffed someones butt right at Flo to get the job. The guy added nothing.  

i wonder if he will unblock all the guys he blocked on twitter for bashing flo.  Hes soft as sharmin

2 hours ago, jeffrideal said:

Nomad hasn't posted anything since July 10th.  He posts at least 5 tweets a day.  So something is up, to state the obvious. 

He also took “works at Flo wrestling” out of his bio sunday night 

4 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Eh, even without the alleged crime, I think most would agree some of his tweets were out of line even by PD3 standards.  It was kinda hard to keep up with though because most of them got deleted.

If he had only argued about people not wanting to watch women wrestle, I think he’d still have a job and a gig on 7/25.  But when he started saying things like “women  always in they feelings” is arguably when he crossed the line.

I'll just leave it at, I just want someone to come out and explain what happened. Current narrative doesn't make enough sense for me. Maybe I'm too cynical.

3 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

Okay I'll bite. Who is Nomad?

Also what is his backstory, like how did he originally land the Flo job? Other than the Flobros wanting to insert an awkward fact-checking Radar from MASH personality into the discussions to maybe make things interesting, I'm not sure why they brought him on board and why he was interested in joining. I thought he said he never wrestled and didn't really follow the sport previously, and he didn't seem like a broadcast journalism type, so it all seemed like an unusual fit.

5 minutes ago, pamela said:

Also what is his backstory, like how did he originally land the Flo job? Other than the Flobros wanting to insert an awkward fact-checking Radar from MASH personality into the discussions to maybe make things interesting, I'm not sure why they brought him on board and why he was interested in joining. I thought he said he never wrestled and didn't really follow the sport previously, and he didn't seem like a broadcast journalism type, so it all seemed like an unusual fit.

ugh...

nomad wrestled... nomad follows the sport... nomad was the most knowledgeable at Flo on the international scene...

i don't understand how you could have got this 100% more wrong...

5 minutes ago, LJB said:

ugh...

nomad wrestled... nomad follows the sport... nomad was the most knowledgeable at Flo on the international scene...

i don't understand how you could have got this 100% more wrong...

Thanks - I didn't know that. Where did he wrestle?

1 hour ago, pamela said:

I think he talked about some of it on one of Gabe Dean's podcasts - https://podbay.fm/podcast/1501568956/e/1589292596

IIRC (could be wrong), he didn't like competing even when he was younger but was always interested

Edited by 1032004

25 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I think he talked about some of it on one of Gabe Dean's podcasts - https://podbay.fm/podcast/1501568956/e/1589292596

IIRC (could be wrong), he didn't like competing even when he was younger but was always interested

His father wrestled and has coached at Calvert Hall in Md for years. Father wrestled at Lehigh late 70s.

43 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

His father wrestled and has coached at Calvert Hall in Md for years. Father wrestled at Lehigh late 70s.

And Pyles is from Md too right?  I guess that explains the previous Downey love...

Current allegation aside, Nomad is easily the most knowledgeable at Flo about the international scene, right? Mike Mal moreso the techniques, but I don't think anyone else there follows freestyle results more closely than him.

1 hour ago, hammerlockthree said:

I'm pretty sure Askren outstrips all of em....twice.

On technique, sure; not even close, but knowing who all every country in the world has wrestling and how they have fared against each other? That's Nomad i think