Sign in to follow this  
freestyle_fan

Old Match - Kyle Dake vs Tsargush (RUS) 74kg 2013 GGP, Baku

In the midst of intrigue and excitement on upcoming Kyle Dake vs Chamizo match on 25th July, i ran into Dake's match with Tsargush in 2013, Golden Grand Prix Baku. Dake was injured, right hand wrist/hand injury yet he fought really well with Tsargush. In the end, he won the match incredibly.  Enjoy the video below, you could clearly see Dake was avoiding any contact with his right hand. I really liked the fighting spirit Dake showed in this match, awesome!  Looking forward to the match with Chamizon on 25th July.

2 hours ago, Katie said:

Is this the tournament where Dake placed fifth? Tough tournament IIRC.

Yes.

Tsargush would go on to beat Burroughs the next time he wrestled him 9-2 as well.

4 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Yes.

Tsargush would go on to beat Burroughs the next time he wrestled him 9-2 as well.

Indeed, in 2014, JB won a bronze medal with a sprained MCL, losing only to Tsargush. I believe that was Tsargush’s only win over JB, too. 

Very impressive for JB to win a world medal while injured. Definitely the US 74 kg GOAT.

Edited by Katie

7 hours ago, Katie said:

Indeed, in 2014, JB won a bronze medal with a sprained MCL, losing only to Tsargush. I believe that was Tsargush’s only win over JB, too. 

Very impressive for JB to win a world medal while injured. Definitely the US 74 kg GOAT.

Really. One of the greatest wrestlers in American history can’t have a thread without you making it about Burroughs.  What’s your deal? Seriously I’d really like to know  why everything have to be such a constant pissing match with you.

3 hours ago, Cradle1 said:

Really. One of the greatest wrestlers in American history can’t have a thread without you making it about Burroughs.  What’s your deal? Seriously I’d really like to know  why everything have to be such a constant pissing match with you.

I'm a NY guy who has supported Dake throughout his career, but JB is always in the conversation when Tsargush is a common opponent. That's how I saw it, anyway.

5 hours ago, misanthrope said:

Thanks for posting this. Tsardouche just tapped out. Great to see Dake destroy his will. Still like JB as our best at 74.

I don't know man... if Dake holds the weight well, he is considerably larger now, than he was then.  It's impressive, really.

On 7/16/2020 at 2:02 AM, misanthrope said:

I'm a NY guy who has supported Dake throughout his career, but JB is always in the conversation when Tsargush is a common opponent. That's how I saw it, anyway.

I have Cradle1 on my ignore list, so I didn't see his/her response to me until it showed up in your post as a quotation.

I obviously didn't bring up JB. nhs67 did.

This only further confirms that I made the right decision to ignore Cradle1.

On 7/14/2020 at 5:40 PM, AnklePicker said:

That gut. 

Seriously, such a nasty gut.  I think that Mike Mal did something on Flo recently about Dake's gut. 

I'm looking forward to seeing if JB can defend it at the trials if Dake takes him down.

On 7/17/2020 at 9:59 AM, Katie said:

I have Cradle1 on my ignore list, so I didn't see his/her response to me until it showed up in your post as a quotation.

I obviously didn't bring up JB. nhs67 did.

This only further confirms that I made the right decision to ignore Cradle1.

Confirmation bias practically defines “katie”- who may or may not be a man posing as a woman on these forums (no deep psychological issues there, clearly).