Sign in to follow this  
ScarletKnight

World Championships 2021

2 hours ago, LJB said:

they have gone to having non olympic weight world championships on the olympic year...

I don’t think they were going to have one this year. At least it was still in the process of being determined whether it was worth it or not from my understanding. 

The 2021 Worlds are going to be a normal Worlds. What that participation looks like after the Olympics is going to be interesting. 

Just now, PinFallRecruit said:

I don’t think they were going to have one this year. At least it was still in the process of being determined whether it was worth it or not from my understanding. 

The 2021 Worlds are going to be a normal Worlds. What that participation looks like after the Olympics is going to be interesting. 

well yeah... clearly there is overlap...

it's a mad mad mad mad world we live in now...

6 hours ago, gimpeltf said:

U23 Worlds Finland 11/23-29

Junior Worlds Serbia 12/4-10

Senior Worlds Serbia 12/12-20

All above- all styles.

All still on UWW site.

Pending that all countries can and will agree to the criteria to hold the events. I personally don't see it happening but would love to watch high quality wrestling again. 

Here’s what needs to happen for 2020 worlds to take place:

At least 70% of countries that participated in 2019 agree to participate in 2020

8 of the top 10 countries from 2019 worlds send teams

It’s also worth noting that the arena in Belgrade where worlds would take place is reportedly still being used as a COVID hospital. This is according to Vinesh Phogats (India) trainer.

I’d bet 2020 worlds doesn’t happen 

2 hours ago, LHU125 said:

Pending that all countries can and will agree to the criteria to hold the events. I personally don't see it happening but would love to watch high quality wrestling again. 

Of course. I disagree about all countries needing but I'm sure the word most will suffice here. 

In the weekly (and now bi-weekly as in every other week) USA leaders calls there wasn't any talk about them being canceled and they were discussing the trials for these events.

But the UWW did at least postpone cadets and as such no plans for those trials. The U23/Junior world trials were set for end of year in Ohio but it sounds like they might get moved. That makes me think they might be difficult to hold anywhere.