steelfrog

Flo — Reaping What a Bad Citizen Sows?

1 hour ago, TLS62pa said:

They've got the women's group all fired up now. Expecting some fall out from this upcoming event and the women's perspective. Saw a lead female wrestler just complain about lack of women in the Fargo highlight that they just posted. I think Flo is going to get bombarded from the women going forward.

The easy solution would be to cover them more thoroughly. 

11 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

Darkhorses for the whistle blower: Martin and Joe Williamson. Both foundational members of the original brand. Both disappeared a couple years ago. 

I don't really know who Joe Williamson is but it appears he still has a positive relationship with Flo, having done an interview on the Bader show in April.

Unless of course since then he's getting sued for being involved in a website called "growrestling"...

15 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I don't really know who Joe Williamson is but it appears he still has a positive relationship with Flo, having done an interview on the Bader show in April.

Unless of course since then he's getting sued for being involved in a website called "growrestling"...

Well it does sound like that website has the exact opposite mission of Flo. :-D

On 7/16/2020 at 12:45 AM, alliseeisgold said:

right now flo is kicking rokfins a@@

i'm sure martin and willie with their disdain for flo and ingenuity can figure out a way to overtake them just perhaps not the resources

Flo is always going to draw when they can show live matches. they are the espn of wrestling. flo doesn't even need big ten rights, people will watch all the high school tournaments and whose number 1

They are hard to deal with when it comes to putting a contract together. They may be able to survive financially because of all of the other sports that they cover, but they are losing traction. 

2 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Joe and Bader were both at Mizzou at the same time. 

1 hour ago, Perry said:

Joe Williamson was one of the original guys, who used to be referred to once upon a time as Joe Flo. I have known him for many years and cannot stress enough how great of a person he is.

My favorite of the originals (Bader is great too). Was very sad he left. He was great at calling matches.

7 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

Darkhorses for the whistle blower: Martin and Joe Williamson. Both foundational members of the original brand. Both disappeared a couple years ago. 

Without a specific allegation at it's core, the post feels more like a disgruntled former employee's diatribe than a whistleblower coming forward.

It doesn't strike me at all as Willie's voice, nor that of any of Flo's current wrestling content creators, and I wouldn't be surprised if a knowledgeable competitor posted it.

Regardless, I don't find it noteworthy at all.  Absent direct supporting evidence, I don't believe Flo wastes money suing parents for filming matches, and most of the other allegations are likely part of doing business as a streaming video sports vertical.

Finally, although still a subscriber, I'm largely in agreement with Billyhoyle's comments.  I wish they'd allocate more resources to wrestling (but recognize why they might not), but appreciate their interest in our sport, and view them as a net positive.

I'm also not at all surprised by steelfrog's subsequent silence, but if he/she can provide more specific allegations, I'll certainly read them.

16 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Wait so did Flo really sue Ok State? Is that why they don’t have all their matches anymore? 

According to a different thread on here which claimed TR Foley as the source, yes:

Which in response to the prior post, would be a pretty specific allegation, right?

On 7/17/2020 at 11:48 PM, Husker_Du said:

Joe Flo is one of the best human beings on earth. utterly passionate and selfless. 

Joe is awesome.  Best commentator they had.  Zeb Miller is the best interviewer.  Asks great questions beyond “so what’s your training situation like now...”  (Zzzzz)

Is Joe no longer with Flo?

16 minutes ago, madcat11 said:

Joe is awesome.  Best commentator they had.  Zeb Miller is the best interviewer.  Asks great questions beyond “so what’s your training situation like now...”  (Zzzzz)

Is Joe no longer with Flo?

Always loved hearing Zeb’s Midwest input.