Sign in to follow this  
Wrestlefan11

Pro Wrestling Card

It seems like the card based model is where attempts keep being made for pro wrestling.   It has been tried and failed a few times. It will be interesting to see how this upcoming card on flo turns out.  In my personal opinion I do not think the  one match per competitors on a card works for wrestling. I've watched two pro wrestling leagues (Agon and Flopro) both had the same model. One match tends to lack the excitement or energy you see in a dual or in the finals of a tournament.

I feel like all matches in the pro wrestling card model should be best of 3. It adds drama and build up through out the event. One single match tends to lack those factors. If you look at the UFC, one fight is at least 3-5 minute rounds. If you have best of three I think it gives it more of the fight feel. There are 5 matches on this current flo card, if all 3 were to go best of 3 that is only 15 matches, same as most high school duals, so it is not like best of 3 makes it this all day event. 

I think you will see one match working in the finals of a tournament because there is the title of champion on the line and there is the build up or crescendo from going through the bracket. Why I think it may work so well for a dual is that there is a bigger outcome (team score) that is effected by the single match.  

I am all for a pro wrestling league. I think discussion helps with the process

What are everyone’s thoughts on the pro wrestling card model….

1 hour ago, Wrestlefan11 said:

It seems like the card based model is where attempts keep being made for pro wrestling.   It has been tried and failed a few times. It will be interesting to see how this upcoming card on flo turns out.  In my personal opinion I do not think the  one match per competitors on a card works for wrestling. I've watched two pro wrestling leagues (Agon and Flopro) both had the same model. One match tends to lack the excitement or energy you see in a dual or in the finals of a tournament.

I feel like all matches in the pro wrestling card model should be best of 3. It adds drama and build up through out the event. One single match tends to lack those factors. If you look at the UFC, one fight is at least 3-5 minute rounds. If you have best of three I think it gives it more of the fight feel. There are 5 matches on this current flo card, if all 3 were to go best of 3 that is only 15 matches, same as most high school duals, so it is not like best of 3 makes it this all day event. 

I think you will see one match working in the finals of a tournament because there is the title of champion on the line and there is the build up or crescendo from going through the bracket. Why I think it may work so well for a dual is that there is a bigger outcome (team score) that is effected by the single match.  

I am all for a pro wrestling league. I think discussion helps with the process

What are everyone’s thoughts on the pro wrestling card model….

I agree a best of three would be great but it’s tough to ask these guys to do that during a pandemic where they probably haven’t been able to train properly.  

I completelty agree with RTCs dualing each other. I think the problem with that is, most RTCs can fill a full line up. Some places have one or two wrestlers training at them but they could do regions or combine RTCs to make a full squad. 

I think that would be the best route towards a pro wrestling. 

19 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I think the RTC’s should dual each other 

Yes. It feels like the next logical step in the progression of the US RTC model, esp as the level of talent has been spreading outside of the typical RTC hotspots. Duals would improve the quality of US wrestling, and it could be a precursor to the development of a pro league.

15 hours ago, Wrestlefan11 said:

I completelty agree with RTCs dualing each other. I think the problem with that is, most RTCs can fill a full line up. Some places have one or two wrestlers training at them but they could do regions or combine RTCs to make a full squad. 

I think that would be the best route towards a pro wrestling. 

True.   Could maybe combine some based on geography?

Edited by 1032004

12 hours ago, 1032004 said:

True.   Could maybe comine some based on geography?

Yea I think that could work. It would be best to keep it small in the beginning. Only have a few locations where you would get the best crowds. Best places would most likely be State College, Stillwater, Columbus, and Iowa (Iowa City or De Moines) 

Edited by Wrestlefan11

15 minutes ago, Wrestlefan11 said:

Yea I think that could work. It would be best to keep it small in the beginning. Only have a few locations where you would get the best crowds. Best places would most likely be State College, Stillwater, Columbus, and Iowa (Iowa City or De Moines) 

Agreed.

I thought the "Real Pro Wrestling" league from 10-20 years ago or whenever that was sounded cool, as they had teams.   But then they didn't even do duals and just did a tournament format.