Walked around downtown yesterday naked covered in dirt. Every time I tried to tell someone I was building my solar callus and recolonizing my microbiome, they just ran away for some reason. A lot people seem to be afraid of the truth. Anyway, I'm off to walk around the neighborhood to tell everyone about this exciting new list I'm on!

8 hours ago, dman115 said:

So please provide what was SO wrong with what he said? 

Is he a dermatologist all of a sudden? If not then he should STFU about how people should not use sun screen. 

1 in 5 Americans will develop skin cancer by the age of 70. More than 2 people die of skin cancer in the US every hour. Having 5 or more sunburns doubles your risk for melanoma.  

Some people might think Dake knows what he is talking about just by virtue of him having graduated from an alleged top tier university. They might even do what he suggests. He should just stop preaching his bad information for that reason alone. 

12 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Is he a dermatologist all of a sudden? If not then he should STFU about how people should not use sun screen. 

1 in 5 Americans will develop skin cancer by the age of 70. More than 2 people die of skin cancer in the US every hour. Having 5 or more sunburns doubles your risk for melanoma.  

Some people might think Dake knows what he is talking about just by virtue of him having graduated from an alleged top tier university. They might even do what he suggests. He should just stop preaching his bad information for that reason alone. 

nothing more obnoxious than someone only hearing one trigger word for them personally and then shutting off their brain and going full manufactured outrage mode...

read what he said again, but, this time really read it...

or...

don't...

25 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Some people might think Dake knows what he is talking about just by virtue of him having graduated from an alleged top tier university.

image.jpeg.3cd2947527019e0228e674b07ffcd6fa.jpeg

We should obviously all take Dake’s advice... he’s a Cornell grad!

11 hours ago, dman115 said:

So please provide what was SO wrong with what he said?  I think some of you have no idea what a CONCEPT is.  And if you are so DUMB to take what he says literally and start eating handfuls of dirt and not putting sun screen on and spend hours and hours in the sun...well...you are just proving Darwin's theory.

Caveat:  I really don't like Dake...I think he is a whinny baby.  Although he is pretty darn good at wrestling.

"Eventually you can build up you solar callus" is one thing he said wrong.

8 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

"Eventually you can build up you solar callus" is one thing he said wrong.

perhaps you should do dome actual research before you just regurgitate what the commercial feeds you...

9 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Dome research? 

What a moron...

hey girl... you should look into as well... mis-typings aside...

but...

i know you won't...

nothing else will fit...

22 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Perhaps you should do some research before posting stupid non-rebutals

no... really...

nothing on this planet lives without the sun... nothing...

there are very natural things you can do to protect yourself against the specific harmful rays of the sun that come at a specific time of the day...

but, those things don't get you to open up your wallet, so, no commercials made about it to digest in between the sitcoms...

Just now, Eagle26 said:

Wouldn’t simply getting a tan be a solar callus? I don’t get sunburn after I have a tan... I think that’s all Dake is saying

No. Solar callus is a crackpot theory espoused by the likes of Dr. Jack Kruse, noted neurosurgeon who never does neurosurgery. Instead he has theories about skin lasers activated by the sun to supercharge your mitochondria. He posts these in well known peer reviewed medical journals like LinkedIn and Facebook.

5 minutes ago, LJB said:

no... really...

nothing on this planet lives without the sun... nothing...

there are very natural things you can do to protect yourself against the specific harmful rays of the sun that come at a specific time of the day...

but, those things don't get you to open up your wallet, so, no commercials made about it to digest in between the sitcoms...

To paraphrase Honest Abe. You can keep your posts to yourself and be thought a fool or share them and remove all doubt.

Solar callus is a "thing" and its not the thing you are talking about. But with your extensive pre-posting research you probably already knew that.

Edited by Wrestleknownothing

1 minute ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

To paraphrase Honest Abe. You can keep your posts to yourself and be thought a fool or share them and remove all doubt.

Solar callus is a "thing" and its not the thing you are talking about. But with you extensive pre-posting research you probably already knew that.

what were you saying about a stupid non-rebuttal earlier?

no mind... 

you keep being you... you will have plenty of company...

13 minutes ago, LJB said:

what were you saying about a stupid non-rebuttal earlier?

no mind... 

you keep being you... you will have plenty of company...

When he said "non-rebuttal" he was referring to the fact that you never engage in the discussion, you just posture, say something smug and add an ellipsis because you think it makes you look cool or something.

3 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

When he said "non-rebuttal" he was referring to the fact that you never engage in the discussion, you just posture, say something smug and add an ellipsis because you think it makes you look cool or something.

oh karen...

that is a perfect post from you...

captures everything you are about perfectly...

you go, girl...

1 hour ago, Eagle26 said:

Wouldn’t simply getting a tan be a solar callus? I don’t get sunburn after I have a tan... I think that’s all Dake is saying

At first, I thought I learned a new term for that darkening process.  Guess not.   As a kid my process was:

1) Burn

2) Blister and peel back to pale white

3) Repeat

11 hours ago, LJB said:

remember when we used to persecute, exile, imprison, and/or put people to death for crazy psuedoscience like thinking the earth revolved around the sun?

yeah, you guys surely do...

I heard that eating a nugget of poop every time you take a dump makes you healthier.

Edited by Katie

2 minutes ago, Katie said:

I heard that eating a nugget of poop every time you take a dump makes you healthier.

Doesn't it have to be someone else's?  Otherwise, you aren't expanding your flora.

Edited by Plasmodium

2 minutes ago, Katie said:

this is the kind of quality post that keeps me coming back to this place...

1 minute ago, Plasmodium said:

Doesn't it have to have to be someone else's?  Otherwise, you aren't expanding your flora.

Maybe that's what I heard. Eat a nugget of your buddy's poop every day to keep the doctor away.