5 minutes ago, IronChef said:

When someone makes this argument, they have done you the kind favor of letting you know that you can safely ignore them from then on. 

I know, right????

11 hours ago, Katie said:

I heard that eating a nugget of poop every time you take a dump makes you healthier.

It is when people use pseudo-logic to try and down play concepts that they consider pseudo-science that makes them look...well...pseudo-dumb...errr...just dumb.  Point being there are actually things called fecal implants which is to treat a very serious disorder in which your intestines get infected with a really bad bug and you use donor feces to replace the good bacteria in your body.  So again if some of you would understand CONCEPTS you would see validity in some of what Dake said.  But it is hilarious when someone tries to rip on someone who understands concepts with a statement that is actually true in it's concept.  Don't believe me google it.  Google good gut bacteria.  Google how being exposed to bacteria actually builds your immune system (aka, eat some dirt). 

Just now, dman115 said:

It is when people use pseudo-logic to try and down play concepts that they consider pseudo-science that makes them look...well...pseudo-dumb...errr...just dumb.  Point being there are actually things called fecal implants which is to treat a very serious disorder in which your intestines get infected with a really bad bug and you use donor feces to replace the good bacteria in your body.  So again if some of you would understand CONCEPTS you would see validity in some of what Dake said.  But it is hilarious when someone tries to rip on someone who understands concepts with a statement that is actually true in it's concept.  Don't believe me google it.  Google good gut bacteria.  Google how being exposed to bacteria actually builds your immune system (aka, eat some dirt). 

you really shouldn't bother...

just post a picture of the food pyramid and get a round of applause and plenty of hear hears...

11 minutes ago, dman115 said:

Does fecal implant involve fecal consumption?

1 minute ago, Plasmodium said:

Does fecal implant involve fecal consumption?

There are multiple ways to do so. It's often used for severe C. Diff refractory to antibiotics. One of the methods is tablets with the donor feces inside or through an NG tube.  

In saying that, Dake has put out pseudoscientific ideas fairly often recently and his insistence on avoiding things like sunscreen is a slap in the face of actual research. He has a right to spread his medical BS, but people should also go to more valid sources for that type of information 

3 minutes ago, dtry222 said:

There are multiple ways to do so. It's often used for severe C. Diff refractory to antibiotics. One of the methods is tablets with the donor feces inside or through an NG tube.  

In saying that, Dake has put out pseudoscientific ideas fairly often recently and his insistence on avoiding things like sunscreen is a slap in the face of actual research. He has a right to spread his medical BS, but people should also go to more valid sources for that type of information 

This!

2 hours ago, dman115 said:

I’d humbly suggest that instead of self-medicating with a daily dose of your buddy’s poop nuggets, it might be better to wait until a doctor tells you that you have a condition that warrants a fecal transplant, and then tells you what you’re options are for accomplishing that. 

Edited by Katie

21 minutes ago, dman115 said:

And another...Huh??

On the narrow issue of eating a daily poop nugget, I think it’s a bad idea. But if you disagree that’s up to you. 

49 minutes ago, dman115 said:

Huh??

I'm just pointing out that we don't survive fecal transmission of diseases even when mixed with soil, which is why we dispose of it.  Maybe you host cholera parties? 

Seriously, what is the deal?  Are you actually advocating this?   Katie made a good joke.  She didn't say it was a medical procedure.