Sign in to follow this  
THEMAN

Please Help - Karelin question.

On 7/22/2020 at 10:48 PM, THEMAN said:

"Some folks assume he lost a match because he placed second in a world cup, but that was a team effort. "

I am not talking about that. It was a single effort at either the worlds (more likely) or the Europeans (less likely) that Karelin challenged and won. As I said to the pervious user my statements are completely true - I was wondering if someone could link to some verification. 

It is a bit odd to insist that your statement is "completely true," only to have to rely on others for some verification. If you yourself have no evidence, why are you sure it is true?

If a protest occurred and the match result and score were changed in accordance with the rules at the time, then he didn't lose and didn't get scored on. I won't judge whether or not that should have happened, but you shouldn't frame it as some sort of conspiracy to elevate Karelin's stature. 

If the official record shows he didn't lose or get scored on, it's not Karelin worship to treat those as facts.

It doesn't sound like you're arguing the results were falsified, with a loss simply reported as a win, so what exactly are you arguing happened that should tarnish his legacy?

4 hours ago, EM_1996 said:

It is a bit odd to insist that your statement is "completely true," only to have to rely on others for some verification. If you yourself have no evidence, why are you sure it is true?

As I said I had the information on a now non-functioning external hard drive and ASKED for help in finding confirmation of this FACT. Around this time UWW, or FILA as it was known then, was highly corrupt - Brandon Slay had two victories overturned and Kerry McCoy one. These matches were not re-wrestled just overturned. I don't understand what is wrong with wrestling fans in the USA, in addition to the low IQs of course, that makes them deeply unpleasant, defensive, ignorant and dishonest. 

4 hours ago, IronChef said:

If a protest occurred and the match result and score were changed in accordance with the rules at the time, then he didn't lose and didn't get scored on. I won't judge whether or not that should have happened, but you shouldn't frame it as some sort of conspiracy to elevate Karelin's stature. 

If the official record shows he didn't lose or get scored on, it's not Karelin worship to treat those as facts.

It doesn't sound like you're arguing the results were falsified, with a loss simply reported as a win, so what exactly are you arguing happened that should tarnish his legacy?

Karelin was scored on plenty of times in the Official record. Look at the UWW database for, say, the same 1999 World Championships in GR - Karelin dropped a point to Georgi Saldadze. Don't you do any research? Or is your brain on permanent idiot that writes anything than comes into that pathological organ? Clearly I have made a huge mistake going to the official forum of USA Wrestling and largest wrestling forum in English for information. Take about a stereotype of dumb wrestling hicks. Duh.  

Edited by THEMAN

3 minutes ago, THEMAN said:

As I said I had the information on a now non-functioning external hard drive and ASKED for help in finding confirmation of this FACT. Around this time UWW, or FILA as it was known then, was highly corrupt - Brandon Slay had two victories overturned and Kerry McCoy one. These matches were not re-wrestled just overturned. I don't understand what is wrong with wrestling fans in the USA, in addition to the low IQs of course, that makes them deeply unpleasant, defensive, ignorant and dishonest. 

Karelin was scored on plenty of times in the Official record. Look at the UWW database for, say, the same 1999 World Championships in GR - Karelin dropped a point to Georgi Saldadze. Don't you do any research? Or is your brain on permanent idiot that writes anything than comes into that pathological organ? Clearly I have made a huge mistake going to the official forum of USA Wrestling and largest wrestling forum in English for information. Take about a stereotype of dumb wrestling hicks. Duh.  

This reads like a reddit post.  Try https://www.reddit.com/r/wrestling.   That is also in English and has around 7.2k members, so at least one of them will confirm your conspiracy.

5 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

This reads like a reddit post.  Try https://www.reddit.com/r/wrestling.  That is also in English and has around 7.2k members, so at least one of them will confirm your conspiracy.

Well the average IQ can't be lower. What conspiracy do you have in mind? That Karelin was scored upon in the six years prior to 2000, Karelin tried to get his 2000 loss overturned or getting a 1999 match overturned in his favour? 

8 minutes ago, THEMAN said:

Well the average IQ can't be lower. What conspiracy do you have in mind? That Karelin was scored upon in the six years prior to 2000, Karelin tried to get his 2000 loss overturned or getting a 1999 match overturned in his favour? 

Seriously, give it a shot. There are actually 72000 members, rather than the 7200 I mentioned earlier.

I couldn't care less about the conspiracy, I just offered an alternative source of information.

3 minutes ago, nom said:

Sounds like an orange guy guy.

These are FACTS.  I have no proof.  Well yes I do.  I say it is a fact.  That is proof.  There is other proof but I can’t show you.  Look at my hands as I wave them!  Ta da!  Now you believe me!!  If you don’t believe me you are a loser and are dumb!

As I said a polite in another post - "I can't help you" is appropriate. My post was to ask for help to get back the results lost on a failed hard drive. It appears that American fans of Olympic style wrestling are just sad and dumb. 

6 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Seriously, give it a shot. There are actually 72000 members, rather than the 7200 I mentioned earlier.

I couldn't care less about the conspiracy, I just offered an alternative source of information.

What conspiracy? You seem to think that there are three. The first is resolved by a quick check on the UWW database.  

8 minutes ago, THEMAN said:

What conspiracy? You seem to think that there are three. The first is resolved by a quick check on the UWW database.  

They are your conspiracies, I don't want anything to do with them.

9 hours ago, THEMAN said:

Perhaps if you spent less time here acting like a four year old and more time researching the four resources listed for the part of Karelin’s Wikipedia page that clearly states “His wrestling record is 887 wins and two losses, both by a single point” you would have the information that you are so politely seeking.

15 hours ago, THEMAN said:

Although possibly due to a language barrier, you clearly didn't understand IronChef's post.

He's merely claiming rescored matches are considered the final results, and nothing about Karelin personally.