AnklePicker

Is flo offering bonuses?

24 minutes ago, pamela said:

I... don't watch spring baseball? I'm just saying you're a purist like my former colleague Tim, who has great difficulty distinguishing between exhibition and official events, what's driving both types.

This is an exhibition in the sense that it has no meaning past just wrestling...

as long as they do that, what more can anyone ask for?

2 minutes ago, LJB said:

This is an exhibition in the sense that it has no meaning past just wrestling...

as long as they do that, what more can anyone ask for?

I don't have anything more to ask for, but as I mentioned non-fans and ambivalent fans might appreciate more.

Just now, pamela said:

I don't have anything more to ask for, but as I mentioned non-fans and ambivalent fans might appreciate more.

at some point you have to accept the reality of the situation...

wrestling is a niche' sport and it always will be in this country... getting worked up about it does no one any good... the people who are inclined to appreciate will and the rest can kick rocks because there is nothing anyone will ever be able to do to make them change their minds...

the can stick to basketball or spring baseball... it makes no difference...

wrestling will survive without them...

21 minutes ago, LJB said:

at some point you have to accept the reality of the situation...

wrestling is a niche' sport and it always will be in this country... getting worked up about it does no one any good... the people who are inclined to appreciate will and the rest can kick rocks because there is nothing anyone will ever be able to do to make them change their minds...

the can stick to basketball or spring baseball... it makes no difference...

wrestling will survive without them...

Watch that "niche sport, wrestling will survive" slippery slope there...

Just now, pamela said:

Watch that "niche sport, wrestling will survive" slippery slope there...

sorry chiken little... the sky is not falling over here...

wrestling has been around for literally thousands of years... it will be around long after you and i are taking a dirt nap...

1 minute ago, LJB said:

sorry chiken little... the sky is not falling over here...

wrestling has been around for literally thousands of years... it will be around long after you and i are taking a dirt nap...

Sooo, no need to grow the sport, support wrestling as a niche sport like croquet (once an Olympic event). Got it.

Just now, pamela said:

Sooo, no need to grow the sport, support wrestling as a niche sport like croquet (once an Olympic event). Got it.

no need to change the sport just to appease people who are not going to support it anyway...

get that?

Just now, LJB said:

no need to change the sport just to appease people who are not going to support it anyway...

get that?

Target the purists, sooo no need to grow the sport, support wrestling as a niche sport like croquet (once an Olympic event). Got it.

4 minutes ago, pamela said:

Target the purists, sooo no need to grow the sport, support wrestling as a niche sport like croquet (once an Olympic event). Got it.

ugh...

go be unhappy about somehting else tonight...

Just now, LJB said:

ugh...

go be unhappy about somehting else tonight...

You're the only one who seems to be upset here. Stop trying to pivot away from the topic. Why is it so detrimental to add an incentive for scoring and action, even if it's at the expense of technicality, in a just-for-fun event card - particularly one where guys won't really be going as hard as they would during OTTs? Or is that an issue from your purist vista also?

1 minute ago, pamela said:

You're the only one who seems to be upset here. Stop trying to pivot away from the topic. Why is it so detrimental to add an incentive for scoring and action, even if it's at the expense of technicality, in a just-for-fun event card - particularly one where guys won't really be going as hard as they would during OTTs? Or is that an issue from your purist vista also?

because that is fake and would not make a damn bit of difference anyway...

seriously, karen...

can't you go ask to yell at a manager somewhere to justify your manufactured outrage?????

Just now, LJB said:

seriously, karen...

can't you go ask to yell at a manager somewhere to justify your manufactured outrage?????

I don't really identify with the name-calling, esp from someone with your use of punctuation. :D Engage and plug back into the discussion.

1 minute ago, LJB said:

seriously, karen...

LJB is right we gave Flo an incentive in the form of our subscription dollars and it certainly has not improved their performance. 

Just now, pamela said:

I don't really identify with the name-calling, esp from someone with your use of punctuation. :D Engage and plug back into the discussion.

i've already answered your question several times...

you just don't like the answer, karen...

seriously, go find something else to whine about... i have little doubt it will be that difficult for you...

Just now, Wrestleknownothing said:

LJB is right we gave Flo an incentive in the form of our subscription dollars and it certainly has not improved their performance. 

It's OK, he's a purist, the broken livestream is part of his technical appreciation of it.

1 minute ago, LJB said:

i've already answered your question several times...

you just don't like the answer, karen...

seriously, go find something else to whine about... i have little doubt it will be that difficult for you...

"Just because" and "sigh, it's fake" aren't rebuttals.

Just now, pamela said:

It's OK, he's a purist, the broken livestream is part of his technical appreciation of it.

the broken live stream is not ideal... 

but, i have such great conversation here i hardly miss it...

these wrestlers should fake their match to make it appear more entertaining to someone who doesn't care about wrestling anyway!!!!

1 minute ago, LJB said:

the broken live stream is not ideal... 

but, i have such great conversation here i hardly miss it...

these wrestlers should fake their match to make it appear more entertaining to someone who doesn't care about wrestling anyway!!!!

If based on a point differential rather than aggregate scoring, that would eliminate collusion.

On 7/23/2020 at 11:06 PM, AnklePicker said:

So you’re telling me had they told Jordan Oliver he’d get 10k if he won the match vs Nolf and 1k if he lost he wouldn’t have wrestled more aggressively?  Please. 

Yes, that is exactly what we are saying. 

2 minutes ago, pamela said:

If based on a point differential rather than aggregate scoring, that would eliminate collusion.

hey, you like being fooled... i am not surprised... enjoy the rest of matches...

Just now, pamela said:

Again, you fail to explain yourself and fall back on name-calling. Pretty weak.

karen, i have explained myself over and over... you just don't like it and have nothing better to do tonight... 

so...

enjoy...

at some point the matches will be back on and i will not feel compelled to bother with you anymore...

BTW, strippers don't really like you...

just an FYI...