AnklePicker

Is flo offering bonuses?

1 minute ago, pamela said:

You’re not that much older than me but I guess I have to explain that you don’t actually need to be home to access the interwebs anymore, nor is it any skin off of my back when we have a hilarious little tiny man flying off the handle. Go yell at a cloud, lol

stop...

you are supposed to be enjoying your evening but still keep coming back...

total BS...

but, keep kidding yourself...

you missed a great low scoring match...

mook... look it up

2 minutes ago, LJB said:

stop...

you are supposed to be enjoying your evening but still keep coming back...

total BS...

but, keep kidding yourself...

you missed a great low scoring match...

mook... look it up

It’s just food and drinks and music haha. I do apologize for body shaming you earlier. If it makes you feel better, I am also a shrimp. The image of your little face turning crimson red responding to s-posts during Flo wrestling nite at home was just too much. “I made the font even bigger, THAT’LL SHOW HER” 

@pamela

too bad you missed the dake chamizo match, right?

i mean, you really missed it, right?

no BS?

you are out and about like a working woman, right???

low scoring but absolutely the best wrestling on this planet...

you would not know because you don't actually follow wrestling, right?

you don't watch, right?

did you look up mook?

mook...

2 minutes ago, LJB said:

@pamela

too bad you missed the dake chamizo match, right?

i mean, you really missed it, right?

no BS?

you are out and about like a working woman, right???

low scoring but absolutely the best wrestling on this planet...

you would not know because you don't actually follow wrestling, right?

you don't watch, right?

did you look up mook?

mook...

A pivot, multiple name callings, and exaggerated punctuation - a triple crybaby score with a bonus! Awesome! we’ll drink 3+ but you have to take 3+ sheets of kleenex

27 minutes ago, pamela said:

A pivot, multiple name callings, and exaggerated punctuation - a triple crybaby score with a bonus! Awesome! we’ll drink 3+ but you have to take 3+ sheets of kleenex

poor thing...

enjoy your supposed "night out" while still clutching your phone...

i watched actual wrestling...

not made up BS...

but for sure, claim you are a "fan"...

did you look up mook?

mook...

41 minutes ago, LJB said:

poor thing...

enjoy your supposed "night out" while still clutching your phone...

i watched actual wrestling...

not made up BS...

but for sure, claim you are a "fan"...

did you look up mook?

mook...

Nice try little dude, but your name calling and... questioning... my dinner? Or... not understanding... replays? is more hilarious than hurtful. I'm enjoying this, haha.

Take out the bickering, name calling and endless ellipses and I think this is an interesting topic.

At the end of the day, a main purpsoe of sports are entertainment.   Many die hard fans can be entertained by high level athletes, but many others can sometimes find it boring if the athletes respect each other so much that they are conservative.

So yeah, ideally the rules of the sport will encourage excitement.

Not being a die hard freestyle fan, I think the shot clock is a good example.  I like that it encourages action, although I don’t like that it often seems arbitrary as far as who it gets called on.  Maybe a good compromise for folkstyle where people are also clamoring for a stepout point, is if you step out, you go on the shot clock (maybe a topic for another thread).

Dake/Chamizo for example was pretty good, but that was mostly due to Dake. For a purely freestyle guy Chamizo sure seemed to wrestle like a lot of folkstylers—unless I’m mistaken I think he took 2 shots—a reshot (which he scored on), and with 10 seconds left when he was down by 1.  But I think Dake did a good job of pushing the action without being careless.

the shot clock is considerably less arbitrary if you understand the rules...

Add in some suspect reffing in American matches where most who don’t understand the rules watch the only free for the year...

5 minutes ago, LJB said:

the shot clock is considerably less arbitrary if you understand the rules...

Add in some suspect reffing in American matches where most who don’t understand the rules watch the only free for the year...

Just read the UWW rule book.   Seems pretty similar to stalling in folk IMO.  Don’t you always claim “folk rewards not wrestling”?  Do you think stalling in folk is arbitrary?

But regardless of the specific rule, although I don’t think it really happened last night, in a lot of the freestyle matches I watch it basically just seems like the ref just alternates who they call passivity on...

1 minute ago, 1032004 said:

Just read the UWW rule book.   Seems pretty similar to stalling in folk IMO.  Don’t you always claim “folk rewards not wrestling”?  Do you think stalling in folk is arbitrary?

But regardless of the specific rule, although I don’t think it really happened last night, in a lot of the freestyle matches I watch it basically just seems like the ref just alternates who they call passivity on...

Folk does reward not wrestling... you see it all the time...
and look at those stalling rules in folk... watch the same ref call the same backing straight out two different ways...

it is silly...

passivity in international styles is called differently and is not the same thing as folk stalling...

43 minutes ago, LJB said:

and look at those stalling rules in folk... watch the same ref call the same backing straight out two different ways...

it is silly...

passivity in international styles is called differently and is not the same thing as folk stalling...

So folk stalling is arbitrary but freestyle passivity isn’t?  Lol ok...  (I can agree with both being arbitrary, but not just one)

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

So folk stalling is arbitrary but freestyle passivity isn’t?  Lol ok...  (I can agree with both being arbitrary, but not just one)

They are not the same things...

passivity becomes less arbitrary when you understand the rules and how it’s called...

2 hours ago, LJB said:

it is silly...

Explain the difference between passivity and stalling.  

Without question freestyle passivity feels way more arbitrary. It has to be because someone has to be called. 

Edited by AnklePicker

9 minutes ago, LJB said:

They are not the same things...

passivity becomes less arbitrary when you understand the rules and how it’s called...

I didn’t say they were the same thing.  I said they were similar, and that many would argue they both are arbitrary.

Can you explain how else folkstyle “rewards not wrestling”?  The only thing I can think of is riding time.

8 minutes ago, AnklePicker said:

Explain the difference between passivity and stalling.  

Without question freestyle passivity feels way more arbitrary. It has to be because someone has to be called. 

No one has to be called for passivity in free...

Just now, 1032004 said:

I didn’t say they were the same thing.  I said they were similar, and that many would argue they both are arbitrary.

Can you explain how else folkstyle “rewards not wrestling”?  The only thing I can think of is riding time.

I said passivity becomes less arbitrary when you understand how it’s called...

it does...

I just can’t continue the same thing over and over today...

4 minutes ago, LJB said:

I said passivity becomes less arbitrary when you understand how it’s called...

it does...

I just can’t continue the same thing over and over today...

How is it called?

46 minutes ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

They can not go to the break scoreless so at minimum someone will be put on the clock 

Bingo. 

“The match will stop with 1 minute remaining in the 1st period, if there is no score and the passive wrestler will be put on the shot clock.”

So yes they do have to call passivity. 

Edited by AnklePicker

56 minutes ago, LJB said:

It is based on mat control... 

This is completely wrong. It’s not based on mat control. It’s based on inactivity, blocking or thwarting your opponent or generally avoiding wrestling. You know just like folk style. You do realize the UWW rule book is accessible online right?  You might want to check it out.  

14 minutes ago, AnklePicker said:

Bingo. 

“The match will stop with 1 minute remaining in the 1st period, if there is no score and the passive wrestler will be put on the shot clock.”

So yes they do have to call passivity. 

So yeah that seems to make it arbitrary to me...

Isn’t it possible that no one is being passive despite no score?