Eagle26

Does Myles Martin have chance?

I think everyone including me would be surprised to see him pull an upset over DT, but I don’t think we should completely dismiss him. He’s been constantly improving and he did beat Alex Deiringer. I think he presents an interesting style matchup for him as well. What chance do you give him? I’d go with 15%... I see Myles scoring some points and impressing people, but not enough to withstand the storm of David Taylor.

1 hour ago, Eagle26 said:

I think everyone including me would be surprised to see him pull an upset over DT, but I don’t think we should completely dismiss him. He’s been constantly improving and he did beat Alex Deiringer. I think he presents an interesting style matchup for him as well. What chance do you give him? I’d go with 15%... I see Myles scoring some points and impressing people, but not enough to withstand the storm of David Taylor.

Myles Martin I think is even better than people realize....  I think he had one of the most dominant non-NCAA champion senior seasons in history and will only be better in freestyle.  That said, the only way he stands a chance is if Taylor isn’t truly back to form.  Everyone seems to assume that he is, but that is based on exactly one match (where he did look pretty good).  

If he is in 2018 form it’ll be a blowout.

1 hour ago, IronChef said:

I think he has an outside chance, if for no other reason than the fact Taylor hasn't wrestled a match in almost 15 months.

He wrestled at Pan Am Qualifying in March

53 minutes ago, DocBZ said:

He wrestled at Pan Am Qualifying in March

He tech-ed Ceballos of Venezuela 10-0 and then beat Torreblanca of Cuba 8-0 before receiving a default win in the final:

Is Taylor’s unicorn still stables or not?  That completely changes the answer.    

Anyone with solid wrestling credentials has a chance of a lucky touch fall or fall into the tightest leg lace of all time.  But in reality no he does have a shot if DT approaches the match with any focus.  

Edited by MadMardigain

DT looks really big right now. 

I watched that video on Flo with him rolling around with Casey and he looked MASSIVE in comparison. Provided his engine is still what it was when he won Worlds, Myles is going to have problems getting through the hands, dealing with DT's length and then finally the last two minutes. I don't envy him. 

But, Myles has absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain by wrestling DT. 

People point to the one win over Ringer, but that’s the whole issue with Myles Martin - he gives glimpses of what could be, but he never realizes that potential. I hope he has a great senior career, but tomorrow night he is going to have a real bad time when DT decides to quit letting Martin look good for the cameras and lights up the scoreboard around the 3:40 mark.

4 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

People point to the one win over Ringer, but that’s the whole issue with Myles Martin - he gives glimpses of what could be, but he never realizes that potential. I hope he has a great senior career, but tomorrow night he is going to have a real bad time when DT decides to quit letting Martin look good for the cameras and lights up the scoreboard around the 3:40 mark.

Maybe tomorrow night will be one of those glimpses 

1 minute ago, Eagle26 said:

Maybe tomorrow night will be one of those glimpses 

I hope so because he's a really good guy with tons of potential. It's kind of funny when you think about it that everything at 86 was really kicked off because Martin totally choked to PD3 at the US Open last year and set off a whole chain of events. I mean think about it... if Martin wins then Downey probably doesn't earn a spot to Final X, doesn't get on the world team, doesn't run his mouth and set up a PPV match with Taylor, doesn't kick off a huge women's wrestling movement, and Nomad keeps his job and asking for bikini pics. Literally everything is Myles Martin's fault for 88 seconds of not finishing the job.

I could see MyMar with a go behind or two off of one of DT's frequent shots.  MyMar might not have the lungs either to stay with Taylor.  He has gassed a few times. 

Edited by jeffrideal

2 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

I hope so because he's a really good guy with tons of potential. It's kind of funny when you think about it that everything at 86 was really kicked off because Martin totally choked to PD3 at the US Open last year and set off a whole chain of events. I mean think about it... if Martin wins then Downey probably doesn't earn a spot to Final X, doesn't get on the world team, doesn't run his mouth and set up a PPV match with Taylor, doesn't kick off a huge women's wrestling movement, and Nomad keeps his job and asking for bikini pics. Literally everything is Myles Martin's fault for 88 seconds of not finishing the job.

It's like one of those DirecTV commercials. When you lose to PD3 he gets a PPV vs DT....when PD3 gets a PPV he runs his mouth and offends women wrestling.....when he offends women wrestling Nomad jumps in and gets fired for asking for bikini pics....Don't lose to PD3.

Edited by DocBZ

3 hours ago, pamela said:

DT won’t be going 100% or showing us his best looks. MyMar will. Dunno if that’s enough for him to win, but I’d say he has at least a chance. 

Agree with this and think that Myles will will be competitive against David.  But would be shocked if Myles pulled the upset.

Supposedly Bo beats Taylor.  Mymar is close to Bo so yes he has a chance, but not likely.  

I’ve never heard anyone suggest this.

Where did you hear this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i made the mistake of watching dake and chamizo first...

the rest of the "interviews" were so painfully boring i could not get past the first 30 seconds or so...

askren could not even make taylor interesting...