Eagle26

Does Myles Martin have chance?

43 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

This is what I was referring to, so thanks for linking it. I also saw a video of him doing technique at a camp where he was going over finishing. He basically said "The way you get good at finishing is putting yourself in those positions over and over again in the practice room. In practice, just shoot and you'll start figuring out these finishes and how to defend against counter stuff too." (obviously paraphrasing). It seems clear that that has been his approach in recent years.

I found the video: 

Yep.  He makes solid and very basic but effective points as well in the video about patience,  good habits, and trying things out in practice that can go a long way, especially for a group of younger guys. 

1 hour ago, Le duke said:

I'm guessing that there are two other people in the NLWC/PSU room at 86kg who have a higher chance of making it to the 86kg semis than Pat Downey. 

Just think about that. 

Not only is DT simply a better wrestler, in every conceivable way, but he's got better coaches, better coaches to train with (see Casey Cunningham video on Flo), and better training partners (Bo Nickal, Kyle Snyder, Jake Varner, Aaron Brooks, Cael, Casey Cunningham).

I'd be willing to bet that not only has the gap between them not closed, but it's gotten bigger. 

This.  The only way DT is not our Olympic rep at 86 is if he gets hurt again.  

On 7/27/2020 at 3:42 PM, Le duke said:

I'm guessing that there are two other people in the NLWC/PSU room at 86kg who have a higher chance of making it to the 86kg semis than Pat Downey. 

Just think about that. 

Not only is DT simply a better wrestler, in every conceivable way, but he's got better coaches, better coaches to train with (see Casey Cunningham video on Flo), and better training partners (Bo Nickal, Kyle Snyder, Jake Varner, Aaron Brooks, Cael, Casey Cunningham).

I'd be willing to bet that not only has the gap between them not closed, but it's gotten bigger. 

Steve Mocco and Yoel Romero may beg to differ. :)  Ya'll just keep those twitter fingers busy. 

Steve Mocco and Yoel Romero may beg to differ. :)  Ya'll just keep those twitter fingers busy. 

From a purely numerical point of view, I’d say that 2 Oly Gold medals > 1 Oly Silver.

Now, you may have a different perspective. That’s fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 7/25/2020 at 7:47 AM, nhs67 said:

Myles is ranked #8 in the world because he beat last year's world bronze earlier this year. Not because he beat Ringer, fwiw.

Myles absolutely has a chance. He is bigger, faster, and stronger. DT will break him on his pace and show how much more skilled he is than MyMar, though.

You really are a walking encyclopedia of wrestling.  Were you a high school state champion, high school national champion, FILA national champion, Jr world medalist, college national champion...at any level, D1 All American, U.S. Open Champion, Schultz Open Champion, WTT qualifier,  WT member, ANYTHING AT ALL? LMAO

6 minutes ago, Le duke said:

From a purely numerical point of view, I’d say that 2 Oly Gold medals > 1 Oly Silver.

I'm sure PD3 is looking forward to Mocco and Romero, not to mention all of that other good stuff he's about to learn.  He's going to be just fine and ready come April. 

20 minutes ago, Blue Dragons said:

You really are a walking encyclopedia of wrestling.  Were you a high school state champion, high school national champion, FILA national champion, Jr world medalist, college national champion...at any level, D1 All American, U.S. Open Champion, Schultz Open Champion, WTT qualifier,  WT member, ANYTHING AT ALL? LMAO

Here is a post where PD2 literally confuses himself with his son!!!!!!!!!!! He's aint the one posting psycho!

14 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Here is a post where PD2 literally confuses himself with his son!!!!!!!!!!! He's aint the one posting psycho!

Another wrestling guru and who probably didn't accomplish anything but pretends to know everything.  The wrestling community ain't what it used to be. SMH

1 minute ago, hammerlockthree said:

How good do I have to be to talk to you?

ANY of these would go a long way: Were you a high school state champion, high school national champion, FILA national champion, Jr world medalist, college national champion...at any level, D1 All American, U.S. Open Champion, Schultz Open Champion, WTT qualifier,  WT member, ANYTHING AT ALL? 

Just now, Blue Dragons said:

ANY of these would go a long way: Were you a high school state champion, high school national champion, FILA national champion, Jr world medalist, college national champion...at any level, D1 All American, U.S. Open Champion, Schultz Open Champion, WTT qualifier,  WT member, ANYTHING AT ALL? 

You were a world team member?

44 minutes ago, Blue Dragons said:

I bet you were none of the above.  Bunch of schmucks not even worth engaging. 

exactly why I think Al Michael's was an idiot for asking if I believe in miracles. What has that moron every done with skates? Bupkiss, that's what. Tell that stupid jerk to keep his opinions to himself.

On 7/31/2020 at 7:20 PM, hammerlockthree said:

when i say something unfair or inaccurate feel free to critique

Every time you post on here about PD3 it's inaccurate, false statements, lies, slander...and unfair.  Every time.

On 7/31/2020 at 6:22 PM, Le duke said:

THREE gold.

THREE gold.

Ah. Yes. I wasn’t counting Snyder as a coach, but he is certainly a training partner for DT.

So, yeah, DT has Cael, Jake and Kyle as training partners. And Casey Cunningham in his corner. Not bad.

18 minutes ago, alliseeisgold said:

snyder just went from big man on campus to just another guy at penn state.  snyder is turning into an afterthought  especially if he doesn't make the team which looks likely.

Likely? I must have a different dictionary than you. How can you say it is likely that the top rated guy at the weight won't make the team? I get that Cox going up to 97 decreases Snyder from prohibitive favorite to slight favorite, but "likely" seems unlikely.