Sign in to follow this  
hammerlockthree

Should be said, this is Flos best ever week for content

oh shi*...

i thought it might be this plastic bottle vodka, but, H3 did not play the woman scorned and gave a shout out to the devil...

earl is supposedly gonna post an article tomorrow...

this might be the real summer of love...

**low bow***

Yes their content has been great all week but I think come Saturday the hype will be far bigger then the actual event. The only match on the card to really get behind is Dake vs Chamizo but even that hs a single match lacks something. It would be better if it was best of 3. 

3 hours ago, Wrestlefan11 said:

Yes their content has been great all week but I think come Saturday the hype will be far bigger then the actual event. The only match on the card to really get behind is Dake vs Chamizo but even that hs a single match lacks something. It would be better if it was best of 3. 

my grandpappy used to say...

"some people would bitch if they were hung with a silk rope..."

5 hours ago, Wrestlefan11 said:

Without being too insulting, the takeaway from this post is that you are watching for hype and not an appreciation of the sport. Arujau is fantastically entertaining and diverse in his wrestling, RBY Mueller is a interesting style match up, Taylor is always worth watching and I'll be interested to see how Martin tries to slow him down....Pletcher/Caldwell is one of the most bizarre physical match ups to take place ever.....there is interesting stuff all over the card its just not loaded with senior world medalists. 

In anything the least interesting match from a wrestling standpoint is likely to be Dake Chamizo. Dake does not care if he wins 1-0 on a shot clock point.

26 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Without being too insulting, the takeaway from this post is that you are watching for hype and not an appreciation of the sport. Arujau is fantastically entertaining and diverse in his wrestling, RBY Mueller is a interesting style match up, Taylor is always worth watching and I'll be interested to see how Martin tries to slow him down....Pletcher/Caldwell is one of the most bizarre physical match ups to take place ever.....there is interesting stuff all over the card its just not loaded with senior world medalists. 

In anything the least interesting match from a wrestling standpoint is likely to be Dake Chamizo. Dake does not care if he wins 1-0 on a shot clock point.

Agreed.  Reminds me of how everyone was so pumped for Dake/Ringer and then most people thought it was pretty boring.  At least this has some other matches, so ya gotta figure at least 1 or 2 should be good (who knows, maybe Dake/Chamizo will be one of them).

the main event has the most potential to be "boring" if all you care about is points... but, points do not automatically equal excitement... lots of point typically equals sloppy wrestling...

i realistically don't see any of these matches being boring...

if the only match someone can "get behind" is the main, i would just suggest that they do not actually like wrestling...

I'm looking forward to it.  I started out in 1970 super 8 filming high level  wrestling, so I could improve myself as a wrestler and a coach.  Do you  realize what that was like.....film was in 50' rolls, once "exposed", you had to get them developed, then edit them (not on a computer), then splice them, then you had to view them on a projector.  Bulbs burned out, if the film got caught it burned a hole in the film, and on and on.  Then, let's just say I was going to Northwestern to film USA vs USSR in one of the first of those ever in America......you either got a hotel, or slept in the car on cold winters nights, resting for the long drive home.  I did that until 1986 when I got my first camcorder, but all of that was still a lot of work.  I appreciate what Flo and Track, UWW, and now even ESPN are doing for our sport, maybe more than most.  I'm done competing, coaching, working wrestling camps, but I'll always be a student of the sport......Looking forward to the matches tomorrow, and thanks Flo for all you do......hope you continue to grow and evolve, getting better every year.  Fadzaev2

15 minutes ago, fadzaev2 said:

I'm looking forward to it.  I started out in 1970 super 8 filming high level  wrestling, so I could improve myself as a wrestler and a coach.  Do you  realize what that was like.....film was in 50' rolls, once "exposed", you had to get them developed, then edit them (not on a computer), then splice them, then you had to view them on a projector.  Bulbs burned out, if the film got caught it burned a hole in the film, and on and on.  Then, let's just say I was going to Northwestern to film USA vs USSR in one of the first of those ever in America......you either got a hotel, or slept in the car on cold winters nights, resting for the long drive home.  I did that until 1986 when I got my first camcorder, but all of that was still a lot of work.  I appreciate what Flo and Track, UWW, and now even ESPN are doing for our sport, maybe more than most.  I'm done competing, coaching, working wrestling camps, but I'll always be a student of the sport......Looking forward to the matches tomorrow, and thanks Flo for all you do......hope you continue to grow and evolve, getting better every year.  Fadzaev2

And it was uphill both ways 6 feet of snow, yeah, yeah, yeah! 

Just when I was about to say it would be really cool to see Caldwell wrestle Chamizo they have a vid of Caldwell practicing with Chamizo!  Man how good could Caldwell have been?  You can see it in his exchanges even with Chamizo. Imagine if he had legit partners like Frank. Wow. That said he better pin Pletcher fast or he’s gonna hit that wall rather quickly. 

11 hours ago, gimpeltf said:

And it was uphill both ways 6 feet of snow, yeah, yeah, yeah! 

I did end up in ditches on the expressway, driving in snowstorms a couple of times,  slept in the car more than once with the car running, probably could have gotten CO poisoning...car was pretty new though....it's OK though, a lot of people would love to have some of the footage I have of old Midland's, USA vs. USSR, World Cups, and more.

8 hours ago, fadzaev2 said:

I did end up in ditches on the expressway, driving in snowstorms a couple of times,  slept in the car more than once with the car running, probably could have gotten CO poisoning...car was pretty new though....it's OK though, a lot of people would love to have some of the footage I have of old Midland's, USA vs. USSR, World Cups, and more.

49696778238_1171053392_c.jpglibrary1 by fadzaev6, on Flickr