Again, I have yet to see LBJ actually give true technical analysis or breakdown... I’ve lurked these boards a long time. I see the “snobbery”, the declarations, the trolling. But in every single situation like this..

I have yet to see an actual technique breakdown, analysis, or explanation. Just “I know, trust me”. 

9 minutes ago, jp157 said:

Again, I have yet to see LBJ actually give true technical analysis or breakdown... I’ve lurked these boards a long time. I see the “snobbery”, the declarations, the trolling. But in every single situation like this..

I have yet to see an actual technique breakdown, analysis, or explanation. Just “I know, trust me”. 

Dont forget the other technique.

"Why don't you tell me?... no, thats not it..."

10 minutes ago, jp157 said:

You put your shoulder in between their shoulder blades... drive at a 45^ angle over the top and not to the side... drive with both feet...

it’s not rocket science...

and it’s not at all what Vito was doing... the defense of Alvarez was not good... a proper gut would have rolled him up...

during all the interviews leading up to this he commented on his par Terre beefing to improve...if he is being taught how to do it properly, then he failed miserably to execute it...

Which is a damn shame because he is as good in his feet as anyone...

5 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Dont forget the other technique.

"Why don't you tell me?... no, thats not it..."

It’s because none of you guys have a damn clue and it shows every time it is brought up...

6 minutes ago, LJB said:

You put your shoulder in between their shoulder blades... drive at a 45^ angle over the top and not to the side... drive with both feet...

it’s not rocket science...

and it’s not at all what Vito was doing... the defense of Alvarez was not good... a proper gut would have rolled him up...

during all the interviews leading up to this he commented on his par Terre beefing to improve...if he is being taught how to do it properly, then he failed miserably to execute it...

Which is a damn shame because he is as good in his feet as anyone...

Eagle26 did a much better job. This is so non-specific to your original claim as to be useless. Which is also the easiest prediction to make about one of your posts.

Just now, Wrestleknownothing said:

Eagle26 did a much better job. This is so non-specific to your original claim as to be useless. Which is also the easiest prediction to make about one of your posts.

The only thing he said that had any validity was talking about keeping his shoulder on top...

that was it...

What was the nonsense about keeping his hips tighter?

thst is the total antithesis to getting in your toes and driving over the top with both feet...

and there is no reason to continue with this because none of you will ever relent in your popularity contest...

it’s all this is...

and I could not possibly care less...

9 minutes ago, LJB said:

The only thing he said that had any validity was talking about keeping his shoulder on top...

that was it...

What was the nonsense about keeping his hips tighter?

thst is the total antithesis to getting in your toes and driving over the top with both feet...

and there is no reason to continue with this because none of you will ever relent in your popularity contest...

it’s all this is...

and I could not possibly care less...

Spot the lie

Hint: and I could not possibly care less...

Just in case there are any young wrestlers lurking here, you definitely do want to keep your hips tight to his as you are driving your gut wrench. Keeping your hips tight and sliding your knee under as his hips come up allows you to get a good pop from your back arch. 

Edited by Eagle26

34 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

LJB, lemme interject here for a sec...

you talk out your ass so much that even in the off chance you are right once in a while, people aren't gonna believe you.

i would try posting less. 

Willie, let me retort...

I am unconcerned...

you say talk out of my ass, but, that’s BS...

I poke fun at the average opinions on here and thin skinned people don’t like it...

I’m okay with that...

4 minutes ago, Eagle26 said:

Just in case there are any young wrestlers lurking here, you definitely do want to keep your hips tight to his as you are driving your gut wrench. Keeping your hips tight and sliding your knee under as his hips come up allows you to get a good pop from your back arch. 

To any young wrestlers here...

don’t worry about your hips in relation to your opponent... get on your toes and drive over the top... worry about your shoulders and head opposite side... Pop your hips to complete the turn...

focus too much on sliding under their hips is going to put you into bad position sliding off the shoulders and get you stepped over...

plus, you can’t jump sides gluing your hips to theirs...

get on your toes, both of them, and drive over the top... not to the side...

40 minutes ago, LJB said:

Willie, let me retort...

I am unconcerned...

you say talk out of my ass, but, that’s BS...

I poke fun at the average opinions on here and thin skinned people don’t like it...

I’m okay with that...

just shut up and post less. you're literally talking out of your ass with this reply.

i'll be sure to tell World Champ and OLY Bronze Vougar Arajau to send Vito to you for par terre camp.

are you not noticing a trend. everyone on here thinks you're incorrigible. just shut up. read more. post less. you don't have to be the authority on everything. it just exposes you as a dumb ass.

if you need more wrestling message board tips, i'll be here all week. 

2 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

just shut up and post less. you're literally talking out of your ass with this reply.

i'll be sure to tell World Champ and OLY Bronze Vougar Arajau to send Vito to you for par terre camp.

are you not noticing a trend. everyone on here thinks you're incorrigible. just shut up. read more. post less. you don't have to be the authority on everything. it just exposes you as a dumb ass.

if you need more wrestling message board tips, i'll be here all week. 

Willie...

you are nothing more than just another jack ass on this bbs... you can afford to be that because you have nothing else... no one depends on you... no spouse... no kids... live in your parents basement...

Life advice coming from you is a damn joke...

and no matter whatever snarky comment you or anyone else wants to make, vito displayed an awful gut last night...

24 minutes ago, LJB said:

Willie...

you are nothing more than just another jack ass on this bbs... you can afford to be that because you have nothing else... no one depends on you... no spouse... no kids... live in your parents basement...

Life advice coming from you is a damn joke...

and no matter whatever snarky comment you or anyone else wants to make, vito displayed an awful gut last night...

you still haven't looked up 'ad hominem' huh?

the rest of your post is garbage. if anyone has anything to lose on here it's members of the media. not some anonymous moron.

additionally, idk where you get your info from, and it's not any of your business, but i support several family members including paying a mortgage.

so here's more message board lessons...

most of the people that post on here have been here a while. there's familiarity and at least a modicum of respect or latitude.

you, like a giant douche nozzle, come in guns blazing with every right answer and ad hominems on everyone.

if this was a tavern you'd get beat up daily, junior. 

idiots like you drive good hearted posters away. 

Edited by Husker_Du

Ok. Finally watched the match with the gut attempt in question. He actually did attempt to run it to 45deg./1030. In fact he almost drove to much to “12 o’clock”. He got the knee under And loaded it properly too. He didn’t actually try to go to 9 or 3 o’clock with the gut at all.... 

and really dude. Your secret wisdom was driving it at 45 degrees... Eye roll. I’m glad you saw someone show a gut at a clinic. 

To everyone else. Can anyone explain why it’s youth coaches who almost never did anything past high school, have never wrestled above high school.. are the most arrogant? Because he fits that stereotype to a T. He also gives the vibe of the wrestling dad whose kid only beat decent kids in freestyle 

1 hour ago, Husker_Du said:

you still haven't looked up 'ad hominem' huh?

the rest of your post is garbage. if anyone has anything to lose on here it's members of the media. not some anonymous moron.

additionally, idk where you get your info from, and it's not any of your business, but i support several family members including paying a mortgage.

so here's more message board lessons...

most of the people that post on here have been here a while. there's familiarity and at least a modicum of respect or latitude.

you, like a giant douche nozzle, come in guns blazing with every right answer and ad hominems on everyone.

if this was a tavern you'd get beat up daily, junior. 

idiots like you drive good hearted posters away. 

Hey Willie...

you are a jackass... you always have been...

claim some moral high ground yet do the exact same thing...

if that is how you get your kicks then so be it...

But, please don’t think you you are impactful in anyway...

6 hours ago, LJB said:

Hey Willie...

you are a jackass... you always have been...

claim some moral high ground yet do the exact same thing...

if that is how you get your kicks then so be it...

But, please don’t think you you are impactful in anyway...

LBJ has revolutionized the grossness of anonymity. It used to be just, "you wouldn't say that to his face" which is normally a true statement but a non sequitur because it has nothing to do with the truth of the referenced comment.

Not only does LBJ make his living on here attacking one of the few non-anonymous members, but his whole mode of argument is just throwing out meaningless macho nonsense based on him posturing as tough guy...all the while never discussing facts, ideas or wrestling.

Its like he just asks himself, "what would Biff from back to the future say?"

Again. I’m genuinely curious as to why the most unqualified coaches with none of the relevant wrestling experience... who are too lazy to develop kids from scratch or coach high school.  Are the most arrogant and snobby.. it’s an archetype/mold I’ve seen quite frequently.

Ive lurked long enough to know LBJ fits this mold to a T. There’s actually 3 different people I thought he actually was for a while.

I think.. it might be a dunning Kruger sorta thing?

As far as actual technique. And “proper” gutting. Welp. In addition to the technique notes earlier LBJ ignored. If you watch the Dake Chamizo match... Dake hit a “knee under hip tight till popping through” low gut on Chamizo.. 

Though I suppose LBJ might mean “proper” gut technique. In the same way a dumb youth coach thinks there’s only one way to “properly” use a half Nelson.

I actually find LJB entertaining.  And what is the most entertaining of it all is that he just playing you guys like a fiddle and you don't even know it...and yet you think he is the dumb one!  LOL

Sorry for "outing" you LJB!

56 minutes ago, dman115 said:

I actually find LJB entertaining.  And what is the most entertaining of it all is that he just playing you guys like a fiddle and you don't even know it...and yet you think he is the dumb one!  LOL

Sorry for "outing" you LJB!

while, the above is more true than i should admit, it is not my driving focus...

i am always going to rail against mindless group think... the anti-flo sentiment that runs so strong in the average wrestling "fans" mindset is the absolute worst example of this and it gets so tiresome to read here...

so, i do what i do, and , admittedly i go overboard at times because i get on a roll and every poster that lobs some shot from behind the barricades might get a response if im feeling frisky...

it could very easily be seen a s character fault and i know that... but, i have never been one to much care about the popularity contest that so many spend so much time engaging in... i don't require much in the way of validation... most do...

but, what no one on here can dispute, if you come at me with any kind of adult repartee, you get treated with the same...if you are a jack ass then that is how you will be treated...

as far as poor willie goes, all anyone has to do is look at his history on this bbs, hie previous employer, whatever he thinks he is doing now, and social media feeds... it is little more than typical meathead bully behavior... but, if he is happy with his self made persona, then so be it... he has a very small niche' within a niche' market in and of itself, but, there is a reason every greek tragedy is marred by hubris...

anyway, with all that being said...

it was an awful gut... anyone who gets offended by that should really put on their big boy pants...

My opinion LJB...keep on keeping on!  I usually like what you post and also find it entertaining reading you giving it back to the same posters over and over and see them get all bent out of shape.  I also like that they are usually the ones that think just because they are the most vocal about stuff that the majority think the way they do, when in reality there is a silent majority out there that definitely do not think they way they do.  The way I see it, you speak for the salient majority in terms of the content of your opinion on things...and you also just happen to add a bit of flare and attitude to it to ruffle peoples feathers.  LOL