5 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

DT looked super tough. PD3 is really lucky to have not been out there tonight. Would have been a serious whoopin'

it could not have possibly been any worse than the ass whooping he put on MM...

Flo with 2 blacks eyes, but still standing.  

Glad they made this happen.  But they came off as unqualified to do it.  Between the early tech issues and then the freaking stupidly long breaks between matches - ridiculous.  They had so much time to prepare and make this happen in their own backyard.  Pretty damn surprising.   

But .... it happened, and I’m glad I got to see it.  Not canceling my subscription.

5 hours ago, nom said:

Flo with 2 blacks eyes, but still standing.  

Glad they made this happen.  But they came off as unqualified to do it.  Between the early tech issues and then the freaking stupidly long breaks between matches - ridiculous.  They had so much time to prepare and make this happen in their own backyard.  Pretty damn surprising.   

But .... it happened, and I’m glad I got to see it.  Not canceling my subscription.

I think part of the problem with the time between was to clean the mats- a covid response. I think a solution here would have been to simply put up two mats and alternate- clean one wrestle on the other.

9 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

seems to be part of the program. they did it between the other matches too.

Unfortunately, a lot of the filler, was taken from interviews I already watched during the week.....but at least it happened .....and as was mentioned above, maybe the virus/cleaning the mats had something to do with the big gaps between matches.  The technical difficulty really hurt..  The whole thing may have been done around 10:00 instead of 10:30.  2 1/2 hours for 5 matches.

Gimp - thanks for that — I can see the virus wipe downs taking a bit.  Did they explain that?  I missed it if so.  Had some folks over for outdoor viewing - might have missed that.  Either way, a lot more direct communication on what was going on would have helped.  And your idea of two mats is clearly a good one.  

I’m conscious of being over critical.  But some thoughtful production thinking ahead of time would have identified the long break issues and figured a better way to deal with them.  That said, they did a nice job with their commercial break graphic!

37 minutes ago, nom said:

Gimp - thanks for that — I can see the virus wipe downs taking a bit.  Did they explain that?  I missed it if so.  Had some folks over for outdoor viewing - might have missed that.  Either way, a lot more direct communication on what was going on would have helped.  And your idea of two mats is clearly a good one.  

I’m conscious of being over critical.  But some thoughtful production thinking ahead of time would have identified the long break issues and figured a better way to deal with them.  That said, they did a nice job with their commercial break graphic!

I didn't hear it per se either. I was asking Kapwrestling what was going on technologically the first time. He wasn't positive although we both figure they underestimated the watching crowd. During the second break I asked him "Again?". He mentioned mat cleaning. I don't know if he heard during or before or if he guessed but it made sense.

5 minutes ago, jross said:

And still worth every penny of my subscription.  I'm not mad... its worth $12.50 a month...  now it would be bad if it was $60 for fight night...

Was it worth $12.50 a month April-June?  What if there’s no NCAA season this year or even a much shortened one? 

19 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Was it worth $12.50 a month April-June?  What if there’s no NCAA season this year or even a much shortened one? 

For me it is.  I have been a member for 1.5 years and am consuming truck loads worth of content.  Even without fresh wrestling events, IMO it is worth helping out companies that could have a hard time in this environment.  It more depends on whether my son continues to wrestle or not... 

12 minutes ago, jross said:

For me it is.  I have been a member for 1.5 years and am consuming truck loads worth of content.  Even without fresh wrestling events, IMO it is worth helping out companies that could have a hard time in this environment.  It more depends on whether my son continues to wrestle or not... 

I feel identically. 

I was ticked last night when I couldn't log in, but I have mostly gotten over it. Hopefully,  Flo shows some humility Tuesday morning on FRL and apologizes for the near fail. But, pausing wrestling while they sorted out their problems was the right thing to do. My second hope is that they learn from their mistakes and improve next time. And I do hope there is a next time.

I too subscribe because I am following the careers of family. I sometimes attend their events, but that is not always possible.  When I do the math, I weigh the cost of Flo against the cost of traveling to their events. I am saving a huge amount of money while still being able to participate in their passion for the sport.

I also find the Flo production quality to be mostly first rate. Every now and then, and most notably last night, I have issues, but all in all I find Flo to be a big positive.

Edited by Wrestleknownothing

5 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Mineo keeps showing himself to be a trash human.

by all means, don't leave the retweet out of it...

they are besties... 

both shining examples of what we should all strive to be...

13 minutes ago, LJB said:

by all means, don't leave the retweet out of it...

they are besties... 

both shining examples of what we should all strive to be...

I don't feel the same way about Willie as you do.  When it comes to Flo stuff, I take everything he says with a grain of salt because he's going to have (understandbly) a chip on his shoulder about Flo (while also acknowledging that Willie also is likely to know way more than any of us about it because I'm sure he still has friends at Flo who talk to him about the goings on).  I just view Willie's posts about Flo thru the prism of his experience with them.  WIllie and I have always had pleasant interactions on the forums, even though he and I would likely not agree on a lot of things in the non-wrestling world.  I just think his decision to associate himself with Mineo, even slightly, is a poor decision.  Mineo is basically trying to be a media version of Downey without the skill underlying it.  He's a tool.  Willie knows stuff.  I remember Willie being highly  (and rightfully) critical of Mineo before he left Flo

I know you two don't get along though, haha.  Which makes sense since you both can be abrasive in your own ways and are diametrically opposed on several areas of the sport.

EDIT:  Let me tag @Husker_Du so I'm not speaking about him without a chance to respond if he wants to.

Edited by VakAttack

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

I don't feel the same way about Willie as you do.  When it comes to Flo stuff, I take everything he says with a grain of salt because he's going to have (understandbly) a chip on his shoulder about Flo (while also acknowledging that Willie also is likely to know way more than any of us about it because I'm sure he still has friends at Flo who talk to him about the goings on).  I just view Willie's posts about Flo thru the prism of his experience with them.  WIllie and I have always had pleasant interactions on the forums, even though he and I would likely not agree on a lot of things in the non-wrestling world.  I just think his decision to associate himself with Mineo, even slightly, is a poor decision.  Mineo is basically trying to be a media version of Downey without the skill underlying it.  He's a tool.  Willie knows stuff.  I remember Willie being highly  (and rightfully) critical of Mineo before he left Flo

I know you two don't get along though, haha.  Which makes sense since you both can be abrasive in your own ways and are diametrically opposed on several areas of the sport.

but, that is exactly the point...

when he was with Flo it was all pro Flo and anti anyone else no matter the situation or if it warranted it or not... 

now, he is not working for Flo so he is the absolute opposite all the while trying to prop himself up as a both a martyr and a savior...

it is scummy and extremely unprofessional behavior...

2 minutes ago, LJB said:

but, that is exactly the point...

when he was with Flo it was all pro Flo and anti anyone else no matter the situation or if it warranted it or not... 

now, he is not working for Flo so he is the absolute opposite all the while trying to prop himself up as a both a martyr and a savior...

it is scummy and extremely unprofessional behavior...

Don't forget that Willie is currently under injunction preventing him from monetizing his skillset as fully as possible.  That's going to cause most anybody to shift their perspective on an organization.  As an attorney, I understand why Flo did what they did, but the real world effects are there and humans are going to react to those types of things negatively.  Willie is not unique there.