VakAttack

FloWrestling: Dake-Chamizo card discussion

Just now, GoNotQuietly said:

This kind of solidifies for me that wrestling is a tournament sport. These one off match cards are certainly better than nothing, but they don’t hit the spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd pay money to see PD3 vs Taylor, ZV vs Taylor, MM vs Taylor and Ringer vs Taylor in an hour's timespan. 

3 minutes ago, DuckFor2 said:

let's be honest Martin is not ranked #8 in the world.

Since WTT of last year he has proven that he js, though. Comparing him to DT makes zero sense 

Just now, Le duke said:

I'd pay money to see PD3 vs Taylor, ZV vs Taylor, MM vs Taylor and Ringer vs Taylor in an hour's timespan. 

If he wrestled them in this order I think he could win all four: ZV, Ringer, PD3 and MM. After tonight I think he could complete a full Iron Man and still tech MM

1 minute ago, jross said:

Mueller is really good.  He tech falled Pletcher in freestyle and has many quality wins.  RBY looked great.

Mueller-Pletcher how many years ago?

16 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Works for me but I want another 10 matches tonight and again for the next 7 weeks.

I really think that RBY could win two NCAA titles if he takes an RS this year. He needs to work on his top and bottom, but his ability from neutral is pretty spectacular. 

Is he the coach at the NYCRTC? 
BTW, why does Chamizo train in NYC?

Yep.

Because Valentin is there, he loves NYC, and Italy doesn’t have anyone for him to train with. He also goes to Russia and wherever else he needs to to train

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Is he the coach at the NYCRTC? 

BTW, why does Chamizo train in NYC?

Mike Novogratz and Italy sponsors him so he has a really nice lifestyle in Hoboken/NYC.

Was really thinking Dake was going to blow Chamizo out for some reason.  Just a reminder how good Chamizo is and how this quarantine has really affected everyone's training, regardless of what they say. Dake looked winded.

The Dake and Chamizo match was worth the wait.  Chamizo's drunken style wrestling can be hard to watch.  You know he's faking that he is going to fall over from exhaustion and then he goes for a lethal attack in the final seconds.  World class match.

24 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Who is Chamizo's coach?

Was he also coaching Calwell?

lol...

Valentin Kalika

He was a long time coach in California before taking the job at Edge in Hoboken.

He was coach for Helen Maroulis, Elena Pirozhkova, Victoria Anthony, Aaron Pico

6 minutes ago, misterc said:

Was really thinking Dake was going to blow Chamizo out for some reason.  Just a reminder how good Chamizo is and how this quarantine has really affected everyone's training, regardless of what they say. Dake looked winded.

Dake did look winded. But he always looks winded.

2 hours ago, NJDan said:

Dake did look winded. But he always looks winded.

After today's match I'd definitely take Taylor over Dake in a hypothetical matchup

:)

Edited by lost