VakAttack

FloWrestling: Dake-Chamizo card discussion

Nice match. Dake took the lead for good with 1:45 left. Dake wins  a lot of matches like this, by 1 or 2 points. That's not easy against Chamizo given his offense. 

3 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I looked for his callus, but all I saw was a tan. I will try harder next time.

I saw Dake’s expert testimony on sun exposure. People in early 1900s thought radioactivity I’m small doses was good for you. Some still do. Every whacky idea under the sun has a true believer tirelessly explaining that the mainstream doesn’t understand, won’t listen and oh what a shame it is. 

Well, it was sure fun to watch wrestling again, even with the glitches.

I would love to hear someone in a pre-match talk say something nice about their opponent. "Man, _____________ is GOOD. I think I can beat him, and I'm definitely going to try my hardest." This might have something to do with watching with my 5 and 7 year-old kids, but so be it. 

RBY and Taylor are pretty darn good at getting to those legs. 

I was excited to watch Caldwell again, and kudos for him for taking the match. As a 43 year-old, those matches are nightmares I still have: I'm wrestling in a big match but I haven't trained for it. How about Caldwell and Dylan Ness next time?

Dake is great, but watching him "split wood" annoyed me more than it should have. Maybe he's on the cutting edge for that technique, too?

15 minutes ago, Obelix said:

Well, it was sure fun to watch wrestling again, even with the glitches.

I would love to hear someone in a pre-match talk say something nice about their opponent. "Man, _____________ is GOOD. I think I can beat him, and I'm definitely going to try my hardest." This might have something to do with watching with my 5 and 7 year-old kids, but so be it. 

RBY and Taylor are pretty darn good at getting to those legs. 

I was excited to watch Caldwell again, and kudos for him for taking the match. As a 43 year-old, those matches are nightmares I still have: I'm wrestling in a big match but I haven't trained for it. How about Caldwell and Dylan Ness next time?

Dake is great, but watching him "split wood" annoyed me more than it should have. Maybe he's on the cutting edge for that technique, too?

The splitting wood dramatic scenes were really lame. They made it look like it was quite an accomplishment. Haven't most people split wood? It does not take much strength. It is tiring after an hour or so

3 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

Taylor is generally complimentary of his upcoming opponents. 

Taylor is really bad at  trash talking. It seems like he thinks it is a good idea for him and watched a how to video on YouTube. He is a good enough wrestler that he can just wrestle 

12 minutes ago, Jim L said:

The splitting wood dramatic scenes were really lame. They made it look like it was quite an accomplishment. Haven't most people split wood? It does not take much strength. It is tiring after an hour or so

That piece looked rotten, too!

43 minutes ago, GoNotQuietly said:

Could you imagine what he would have done to Downey with a no tech rule if he did that to MM??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know didn't Downey beat Myles in freestyle? Granted his conditioning is probably not as good as MM regardless of who's better @ wrestling.

I think Burroughs v. Dake will be a toss-up like their US Open match. 

Chamizo was obviously a high quality opponent. Two time world champ, 2019 runner up, has a win against Burroughs, has wrestled Sidakov tough. Who ever makes it from the US will have a shot at 74kg.