VakAttack

FloWrestling: Dake-Chamizo card discussion

9 hours ago, Obelix said:

Well, it was sure fun to watch wrestling again, even with the glitches.

I would love to hear someone in a pre-match talk say something nice about their opponent. "Man, _____________ is GOOD. I think I can beat him, and I'm definitely going to try my hardest." This might have something to do with watching with my 5 and 7 year-old kids, but so be it. 

RBY and Taylor are pretty darn good at getting to those legs. 

I was excited to watch Caldwell again, and kudos for him for taking the match. As a 43 year-old, those matches are nightmares I still have: I'm wrestling in a big match but I haven't trained for it. How about Caldwell and Dylan Ness next time?

Dake is great, but watching him "split wood" annoyed me more than it should have. Maybe he's on the cutting edge for that technique, too?

Taylor and Myles were both extremely complimentary of each other. Dake is never nice. 

On 7/26/2020 at 9:30 AM, DuckFor2 said:

Dake/Burroughs will be a war, again. But after seeing Chamizo almost beat Dake, he almost scored in the final seconds, I'm taking JB.

Chamizo has some of the slickest defense in the world but his scoring is an old-school Russia-Cubano style and every match is decided in the final seconds

8 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Chamizo has some of the slickest defense in the world but his scoring is an old-school Russia-Cubano style and every match is decided in the final seconds

creates 0 separation from any top 15 guy lol, wins 90%+ of those matches, but he pisses me off letting them all come down to the wire.

2 minutes ago, LJB said:

i am in actual shock and disbelieve frank is not getting absolutely demolished on this bbs for his post match comments...

What did he say. I just read his instagram: "Good work by Dake. That was fun. I'll wait for you at the Olympics, if you make it. 74kg. We will see you there. I'll be there for sure. Thanks to my fans for the support."

Just now, spladle08 said:

What did he say. I just read his instagram: "Good work by Dake. That was fun. I'll wait for you at the Olympics, if you make it. 74kg. We will see you there. I'll be there for sure. Thanks to my fans for the support."

4 minutes of...

he didn't do nothing, bro...

bro, this is not my weight class, bro...

let's do it at 74kg at the olympics, bro...

if you make it there, bro...

bro, i'll be there, bro...

bro...

an almost word for word translation...

2 minutes ago, LJB said:

4 minutes of...

he didn't do nothing, bro...

bro, this is not my weight class, bro...

let's do it at 74kg at the olympics, bro...

if you make it there, bro...

bro, i'll be there, bro...

bro...

an almost word for word translation...

I think he's spent a little too much time with that Jersey bunch.
but I am excited for his Olympic finals match with JB

1 minute ago, spladle08 said:

I think he's spent a little too much time with that Jersey bunch.
but I am excited for his Olympic finals match with JB

man, i hate to disappoint you...

but...

ill be there with a hug for you in april...

58 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

He also said

"This guy. Great job. But I mean, this wasn't my weight class. I want a rematch, but at 74 kilo."

"Its not my weight class, I tried my best, the other guy's good. I'm ok though. Ready for a rematch at 74 kilo. I don't give more opportunity for nobody. If you want to wrestle with me, you have to wrestle with me at my weight class."

When asked about the build up between them he responded:

"Everything is part of the game."

When asked about the atmosphere:

"We need to do this more and more. Wrestling (unintelligible) fun."

1 hour ago, LJB said:

**bro-fist**

I am asking, very politely, could you please cool off on the bold italicized 36 point font for a while. It was cute the first dozen times but it's wearing out it's schtick quicker than PD3 in a pandemic

1 minute ago, bnwtwg said:

I am asking, very politely, could you please cool off on the bold italicized 36 point font for a while. It was cute the first dozen times but it's wearing out it's schtick quicker than PD3 in a pandemic

i appreciate the tone of the request, but...

prolly not...

21 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

He also said

"This guy. Great job. But I mean, this wasn't my weight class. I want a rematch, but at 74 kilo."

"Its not my weight class, I tried my best, the other guy's good. I'm ok though. Ready for a rematch at 74 kilo. I don't give more opportunity for nobody. If you want to wrestle with me, you have to wrestle with me at my weight class."

When asked about the build up between them he responded:

"Everything is part of the game."

When asked about the atmosphere:

"We need to do this more and more. Wrestling (unintelligible) fun."

English is his 2nd or 3rd language.  None of our top MFS guys are capable of cutting an interview in any language but English.  Maybe we should cut Frank some slack; he seems like a cool guy.  Just saying.

1 minute ago, ShakaAloha said:

English is his 2nd or 3rd language.  None of our top MFS guys are capable of cutting an interview in any language but English.  Maybe we should cut Frank some slack; he seems like a cool guy.  Just saying.

I agree. I think you misunderstood my intent. I was trying to offer an actual word for word as opposed to LJB's snarky summary. As I was listening and typing I had the exact same thought as you. It must be so hard to do an interview in a foreign language. It can be so easy to unintentionally choose the wrong word as you most likely have a limited vocabulary. It is why you see so many professional athletes from foreign countries always use a translator when speaking to the press regardless of their English skills. There is always someone out there looking to get offended by you or make fun of you. I respect Chamizo for doing the interview and for being complimentary of Flo and Dake. 

14 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I agree. I think you misunderstood my intent. I was trying to offer an actual word for word as opposed to LJB's snarky summary. As I was listening and typing I had the exact same thought as you. It must be so hard to do an interview in a foreign language. It can be so easy to unintentionally choose the wrong word as you most likely have a limited vocabulary. It is why you see so many professional athletes from foreign countries always use a translator when speaking to the press regardless of their English skills. There is always someone out there looking to get offended by you or make fun of you. I respect Chamizo for doing the interview and for being complimentary of Flo and Dake. 

I quoted yours because it was newer than LJB's post which was further up.  I think what you quoted from his interview was a fairer summary, whereas LJB was being a jerk like usual, and mocking Frank for giving an interview in his third language.  

i swear... you people act like old women...

yes, it was a snarky revisit of frank's interview, but, not without merit... you all just can't get past your own emotions...

second language or not... his remarks were clear... dake did nothing... i was up a weight class... i want a rematch at 74... ill be at the olympics, but, im not sure dake will...

it wasn't an issue of a second language... his feelings were clear... any wrestler said that at NCAAs you mooks would crucify him on this bbs...

my thoughts are frank accepted the bout at 79kg... if you do that don't even bring up the weight as an excuse which he clearly was...

42 minutes ago, LJB said:

i swear... you people act like old women...

yes, it was a snarky revisit of frank's interview, but, not without merit... you all just can't get past your own emotions...

second language or not... his remarks were clear... dake did nothing... i was up a weight class... i want a rematch at 74... ill be at the olympics, but, im not sure dake will...

it wasn't an issue of a second language... his feelings were clear... any wrestler said that at NCAAs you mooks would crucify him on this bbs...

my thoughts are frank accepted the bout at 79kg... if you do that don't even bring up the weight as an excuse which he clearly was...

The problem is you paraphrase poorly and selectively. It is you who is getting emotional and upset that others are not getting emotional. Perhaps re-read your own posts and remove the contradictions before hitting submit reply.

You left out the part where he said we were doing nothing. You left out the part where he said Dake won and that is the first thing you have to do.

4 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

The problem is you paraphrase poorly and selectively. It is you who is getting emotional and upset that others are not getting emotional. Perhaps re-read your own posts and remove the contradictions before hitting submit reply.

You left out the part where he said we were doing nothing. You left out the part where he said Dake won and that is the first thing you have to do.

Hold on....you are saying the guy who puts "FLO is the DevIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" in the largest font he can find 12 times a day, paraphrases poorly, selectively, and is emotional"?

Edited by hammerlockthree

5 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Hold on....you are saying the guy who puts "FLO is the DevIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" in the largest font he can find 12 times a day, paraphrases poorly, selectively, and is emotional"?

i was wondering when my girl would finally show up... i was beginning to think you had found another...