I’d like to see this matchup. I actually think rby is a better wrestler than fix right now because he looks so quick and fluent. Fix is a very passive wrestler and rby is constantly trying to score and can get behind you or take you down unexpectedly. Fix is better on top but you can’t tell me he’s a better neutraL wrestler than rby

Would love to see it.  Maybe it will happen this year at NCAAs (assuming there is a year) or at the US trials for Sr. Worlds or U23s or Jr. Worlds (assuming they happen as well).

7 hours ago, Wrestlingfan25 said:

I’d like to see this matchup. I actually think rby is a better wrestler than fix right now because he looks so quick and fluent. Fix is a very passive wrestler and rby is constantly trying to score and can get behind you or take you down unexpectedly. Fix is better on top but you can’t tell me he’s a better neutraL wrestler than rby

It’s called recency bias. 

Fix has underwhelmed me recently.  He’s good, no doubt, but not as good as the hype had suggested.  I’d love to see this match as well.  RBY has become a must watch wrestler for me.  Fix, not so much.

13 minutes ago, nom said:

Fix has underwhelmed me recently.  He’s good, no doubt, but not as good as the hype had suggested.  I’d love to see this match as well.  RBY has become a must watch wrestler for me.  Fix, not so much.

Agreed, Fix has tried too often to win one points matches. At least RBY would push the pace and try to open things up. 

RBY was super impressive, but let’s not forget weight is a huge factor. Can RBY make 57? It seems unlikely, so even if he could beat Fix at a catch weight, it wouldn’t really prove he is the better wrestler for his weight class. That said I would still love to see the match

2 hours ago, Eagle26 said:

RBY was super impressive, but let’s not forget weight is a huge factor. Can RBY make 57? It seems unlikely, so even if he could beat Fix at a catch weight, it wouldn’t really prove he is the better wrestler for his weight class. That said I would still love to see the match

I’m talking about at 133 next season

5 hours ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

Agreed, Fix has tried too often to win one points matches. At least RBY would push the pace and try to open things up. 

Fix- the guy Who teched his way to a JR world title, And numerous top senior level guys in the US doesn’t try to score points

I noticed that RBY has the Greek word, πάλη (pronouced "pal-ay") tattooed on his right bicep.

It's the original Greek, I think, for "wrestling" but can also mean more generally to "fight", "battle" or "struggle".

Here's some additional etymological points for those with interest:

πάλη, παλης,  (from πάλλω to vibrate, shake), from Homer down, wrestling (a contest between two in which each endeavors to throw the other, and which is decided when the victor is able θλίβειν καί κατέχειν his prostrate antagonist, i. e. hold him down with his hand upon his neck; cf. Plato, legg. 7, p. 796; Aristotle, rhet. 1, 5, 14, p. 1361b, 24; Heliodorus aethiop. 10, 31; (cf. Krause, Gymn. u. Agon. d. Griech. i. 1, p. 400ff; Guhl and Koner, p. 219f; Dict. of Antiq. under the wordlucta)); the term is transferred to the struggle of Christians with the powers of evil: Ephesians 6:12.

Edited by dmm53

6 hours ago, Wrestlingfan25 said:

I’m talking about at 133 next season

Ok... I was thinking freestyle since it’s on the international board. But yeah I think folkstyle with both at 133, I could see RBY beating him. Don’t underestimate Fix though just because he’s not as flashy 

I said this in another thread, but if RBY takes a RS this upcoming season, I could see him winning 133 the next two years. 

His neutral game is breathtaking and getting better every time I see him wrestle. If he does the Zain, and trains with Zain and Nick Lee for a year, he'll either die or get to a super high level on top, which I think most people would agree is his biggest weakness right now. 

33 minutes ago, Le duke said:

I said this in another thread, but if RBY takes a RS this upcoming season, I could see him winning 133 the next two years. 

His neutral game is breathtaking and getting better every time I see him wrestle. If he does the Zain, and trains with Zain and Nick Lee for a year, he'll either die or get to a super high level on top, which I think most people would agree is his biggest weakness right now. 

he's not gonna turn into a freak on top. 

he's not gonna turn into a freak on top. 

I don’t want him to be Zain on top. Zain and Spencer Lee are generational nearfall point machines.

I just want it to not be a massive weakness. His neutral game is incredible as it is but I’d like his hand fighting to improve. A year of improvement will help all phases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Le duke said:

I don’t want him to be Zain on top. Zain and Spencer Lee are generational nearfall point machines.

I just want it to not be a massive weakness. His neutral game is incredible as it is but I’d like his hand fighting to improve. A year of improvement will help all phases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see what you mean, I'd only add that I think you can make small incremental hand fighting improvements,  and every high school wrestler who transitions to D1 does, but committing to the top condition basically makes it a different sport.