Jump to content
dmm53

Taylor vs. Sadulaev

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Why is nobody mentioning that it is odd that as soon as Yazdani went to 86 keggers, Sad went to 97?

Lol actually some Iranian fans say this (implying he got scared and went up). I think Sadulaev went 97 for the challenge, personally. I really don't think he was too big of an 86.  What is he, like 5'9? 

Edited by Shiraz123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

Lol actually a lot of Iranians fans say this (implying he got scared and went up). I think Sadulaev went 97 for the challenge, personally. I really don't think he was too big of an 86.  What is he, like 5'9? 

I think the idea that Sad ran from chariti or chased a challenge are both equally ridiculous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

I think the idea that Sad ran from chariti or chased a challenge are both equally ridiculous.

You don't think he could have stayed at 86 even with day before weigh in? Remember he left before they changed the weigh in rules. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Did you remember his post wedding pics?  He was more than a biscuit over 86

I didn't see those lol. I'm guessing he just got fat? Doesn't mean with some time and training he couldn't make 86 and do well with the previous day weigh in. But I understand, after he won the Olympics he was invited to a lot of ceremonies, got married and spent some time away from training and then kind of rushed into the world championships. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This would not be a good match up.  Sad has a combination of the mobility of Taylor with now the power of Snyder. Taylor’s gas tank in the second half would not be as effective against Sad, because he’s going to have to excert a lot more energy trying to move him, in the hand fights, and being underneath on attacks, relative to Yazdani. Additionally, when Sad gets a takedown, Taylor is going to have to work real hard to fight off the best gut in the world, giving up 20 lbs. 
 

I’d put best money on a TS about the 4:30 mark. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shiraz123 said:

You don't think he could have stayed at 86 even with day before weigh in? Remember he left before they changed the weigh in rules. 

I'm not saying he couldn't of, I just think he was getting bigger, had an idea that he was gonna end up at 97 in 2020, and he when you're the premiere talent in the world you aren't scared to make moves. 

Many explanations for why he may have skipped 92k that are more plausible that "looking for a challenge" imho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Somebody’s not very good at reading. I said under these current weigh in rules.


And you should have stopped there. That would be a reasonable stance. But then you started throwing around **** about Cox not winning the weight during years when Taylor couldn't even make the team (because J'den was better than him) as part of your argument. Which made your argument moot.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Crotalus said:


 

 


And you should have stopped there. That would be a reasonable stance. But then you started throwing around **** about Cox not winning the weight during years when Taylor couldn't even make the team (because J'den was better than him) as part of your argument. Which made your argument moot.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 

 

And DT still has done what Cox couldn’t, win a gold medal at an Olympic weight. In 17’ that 3rd match was an embarrassment to the sport. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

And DT still has done what Cox couldn’t, win a gold medal at an Olympic weight. In 17’ that 3rd match was an embarrassment to the sport. 

emotionally driven post in my opinion...

Specifically because a) A lot of this olympic vs non olympic weight talk is nonsense, b) a guy gutting out a win on one leg isn't an embarassment to the sport. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

emotionally driven post in my opinion...

Specifically because a) A lot of this olympic vs non olympic weight talk is nonsense, b) a guy gutting out a win on one leg isn't an embarassment to the sport. 

Are you saying that the competition is equal between 86 and 92? The fact that the ref allowed Cox to be pushed across the mat is just one example of how ridiculous that match was. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
And DT still has done what Cox couldn’t, win a gold medal at an Olympic weight. In 17’ that 3rd match was an embarrassment to the sport. 
Different years, man. The years Cox "couldn't win a gold medal" Taylor couldn't make the team. So that is not a valid argument in your favor. Stick to the weigh in rules or argue Taylor has improved more than Cox has since then, or something else. But give up that nonsense.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So admittedly, I haven't read through this entire thread (like I should've before responding). So I'm sure somebody has already mentioned this:

While anyone with half a brain would think "Saduleav is too strong, fast, huge, technically sound, etc...." ( it was 100% my initial reaction, just a vision of DT getting rag dolled around the mat, like each Yazdani match early, but more-so.)

We gotta give a little recognition to his circumstances.
He is a bit of a baby/wussy/whatever, when it comes to losing and I dont think he would call out somebody he isnt confident he could beat.
He used to be modest and silent, now he is all about "I'm the best in the world and I aim to dominate everyone in my path"... I understand he is trying to manufacture extra respect for his brand, but I hate it (Which doesnt matter, completely respect the guy, just hate the antics)....
He trains with Snyder, and what this tells me... is he probably beats Snyder easily, and he wants to cement his claims of being unbeatable in the eyes of the public, and how better to prove this than beating the guy we consider the best wrestler in the world.

Obviously Cox said "lets see who's the best in America".... I don't know if that'll ever happen but I would guess not, because it ruins his (DT's) whole hype train when he loses (I genuinely think he loses that match)

I believe he handles Snyder, and has faith he can "gas" the Tank. 

(This also amplifies my belief in J'den over Snyder.... deep read)
Just my 2cents....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

And DT still has done what Cox couldn’t, win a gold medal at an Olympic weight. In 17’ that 3rd match was an embarrassment to the sport. 

They don't stop matches to wipe down. Honestly when is the last time you saw that happen? I am not being rhetorical when I ask: can you please share video of a senior level match being stopped for a competitor to be wiped down and in turn I will eat crow. Carl can throw all the bricks and chairs in the world but it doesn't change the fact that DT lost fair and square.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

Are you saying that the competition is equal between 86 and 92? The fact that the ref allowed Cox to be pushed across the mat is just one example of how ridiculous that match was. 

I am saying I don't think you can blame the guy for going what seems to be the right weight.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just for kicks and giggles because the What If Expres is runnig full steam ahead I have wondered the past couple years a certain hypothetical.

If 79 was a weight class at worlds 2015 worlds to present, I wonder if Taylor would have fully committed to 86 or if he would have hovered near 74 a la Dake. And if he did stay smaller then I wonder if he would have made any world teams including 2018 when he probably would have been smaller and not at his current level at or near the top of the world at his current 86 weight class. 

Couldn't beat JB at 74; couldn't beat Dake at 74 or 86, so it's fair to assume the same would be true at 79; couldn't beat Cox at 86. It's an embarrassment of riches to think that a world champion may have only been the 4th best, and certainly not a slight against Taylor but instead a testament to just how great the other three are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Just for kicks and giggles because the What If Expres is runnig full steam ahead I have wondered the past couple years a certain hypothetical.

If 79 was a weight class at worlds 2015 worlds to present, I wonder if Taylor would have fully committed to 86 or if he would have hovered near 74 a la Dake. And if he did stay smaller then I wonder if he would have made any world teams including 2018 when he probably would have been smaller and not at his current level at or near the top of the world at his current 86 weight class. 

Couldn't beat JB at 74; couldn't beat Dake at 74 or 86, so it's fair to assume the same would be true at 79; couldn't beat Cox at 86. It's an embarrassment of riches to think that a world champion may have only been the 4th best, and certainly not a slight against Taylor but instead a testament to just how great the other three are.

This.  Sadulaev is probably laughing at Taylor, who has only one world title and has been owned by Burroughs, Dake, and Cox.

If Taylor were serious about wanting a match with Sadulaev, he should bulk up after the Olympics and win the 97kg spot over Snyder and Cox for 2022 worlds.  Another option if he can't/won't try to make the 2022 world team at 97 is for him to enter the 2022 Yarygin at 97 and hope Sadulaev enters too.  The P4P king is not coming to the US for an exhibition match against a guy who won his only world championship in 2018.

I am a huge DT fan, but either he is trying to build his brand by calling out someone far superior that he knows he will never wrestle, or DT is delusional.     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

They don't stop matches to wipe down. Honestly when is the last time you saw that happen? I am not being rhetorical when I ask: can you please share video of a senior level match being stopped for a competitor to be wiped down and in turn I will eat crow. Carl can throw all the bricks and chairs in the world but it doesn't change the fact that DT lost fair and square.

I’m not talking about the sweat. I’m saying have you ever seen someone get pushed straight back the entire mat and be called for passivity? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

This.  Sadulaev is probably laughing at Taylor, who has only one world title and has been owned by Burroughs, Dake, and Cox.

If Taylor were serious about wanting a match with Sadulaev, he should bulk up after the Olympics and win the 97kg spot over Snyder and Cox for 2022 worlds.  Another option if he can't/won't try to make the 2022 world team at 97 is for him to enter the 2022 Yarygin at 97 and hope Sadulaev enters too.  The P4P king is not coming to the US for an exhibition match against a guy who won his only world championship in 2018.

I am a huge DT fan, but either he is trying to build his brand by calling out someone far superior that he knows he will never wrestle, or DT is delusional.     

It’s just plain stupidity to say Cox owns Taylor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

It’s just plain stupidity to say Cox owns Taylor.

I mean "Owning people" in 2020....  doesn't fly.
He should've used "Destroys on the scoreboard"

JK JK.... but real talk.
Taylor doesn't beat Cox or Dake.
But he is great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also neat factoid, Taylor fans are unable to accept "close match" or "toss up"
with DT vs Anyone....
DT wins by Tech or Pin, or you're a moron....
I hate this logic.....
Dake fans were the same way.... sooo glad he wrestled Chamizo
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

He has beaten Cox. 

The "destroys" was a joke
Not sure of your age but the "JK" stood for "Just kidding"
I would favor Cox  (Who leads the series obviously) in a rematch, and I'm hoping we see it at one of these FLO events... depending on their technical difficulties.... but until then, we shall have fun speculating.

Edited by spladle08

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...