On 7/28/2020 at 9:39 PM, ShakaAloha said:

Why would anyone want to see a match between guys who were teammates up until a month ago?  It's not like they have bad blood or anything.

It's a match up we haven't seen.  Not saying it would be the most anticipated match up of the card, but why would anyone not want to see it.  I don't think we need bad blood for a match to be intriguing, do we?  

6 hours ago, Lurker said:

It's a match up we haven't seen.  Not saying it would be the most anticipated match up of the card, but why would anyone not want to see it.  I don't think we need bad blood for a match to be intriguing, do we?  

Matches between teammates/former teammates are not interesting because they know each other's style and tendencies, which tends to make it a boring, low scoring affair.  One would have to assume that Hall and Gomez have trained together on numerous occasions in the past four years when Hall was on the Penn State team and Gomez was with NLWC.  There are no indications that these two dislike one another, so why would anyone want to see this match?  I would rather see:

Hall vs. Ringer

Gomez vs. Dake.

I’d go:

57: Gilman vs Lee

61: RBY vs Suriano

65: Lee vs Yianni 

70: Zain vs Green

74: Gomez vs Burroughs

79: Nolf vs Dake

86: Taylor vs Cox

92: Nickal vs Zahid

97: Snyder vs Moore

125: Cassar vs Gwiz

...this would be cool for a future Flo event 

2 hours ago, ShakaAloha said:

Matches between teammates/former teammates are not interesting because they know each other's style and tendencies, which tends to make it a boring, low scoring affair.  One would have to assume that Hall and Gomez have trained together on numerous occasions in the past four years when Hall was on the Penn State team and Gomez was with NLWC.  There are no indications that these two dislike one another, so why would anyone want to see this match?  I would rather see:

Hall vs. Ringer

Gomez vs. Dake.

Fair enough. Difference in opinion. 

34 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I’d go:

I like it 

17 hours ago, 1032004 said:

I’d go:

This would be a really cool event, and regardless of whether it was on Flo or another platform, everyone would watch.  I would make a couple adjustments to your card though.  We've already seen Burroughs vs. Gomez twice, and although it is a competitive match, Burroughs has proven himself superior to Gomez.  I would rather see Gomez vs. Dake at 74 or 79, Burroughs vs. Nolf at 74 or 79.  I don't think Cox can make 86 anymore, and he wouldn't do it for an exhibition so Cox vs. Taylor would have to be at 92. Another option for the last four weights would be this:

86: Taylor vs. Downey
92: Nickal vs. Valencia
97: Snyder vs. Cox
125: Cassar vs. Gwiz

We don't have enough depth at 97 in the US, so the only intriguing match there would be Snyder vs. Cox.  We have a lot of good domestic 86/92 guys in Valencia, Ringer, and we all want to see PD3 get destroyed, so you can't put 2 of those guys against Taylor and Nickal.  

18 hours ago, ShakaAloha said:

This would be a really cool event, and regardless of whether it was on Flo or another platform, everyone would watch.  I would make a couple adjustments to your card though.  We've already seen Burroughs vs. Gomez twice, and although it is a competitive match, Burroughs has proven himself superior to Gomez.  I would rather see Gomez vs. Dake at 74 or 79, Burroughs vs. Nolf at 74 or 79.  I don't think Cox can make 86 anymore, and he wouldn't do it for an exhibition so Cox vs. Taylor would have to be at 92. Another option for the last four weights would be this:

86: Taylor vs. Downey
92: Nickal vs. Valencia
97: Snyder vs. Cox
125: Cassar vs. Gwiz

We don't have enough depth at 97 in the US, so the only intriguing match there would be Snyder vs. Cox.  We have a lot of good domestic 86/92 guys in Valencia, Ringer, and we all want to see PD3 get destroyed, so you can't put 2 of those guys against Taylor and Nickal.  

Whoops good call on Cox.   Yeah I guess Downey is probably the best non-NLWC American 86, especially after just seeing Martin vs Taylor.  Although if Flo is putting it together Askren would probably want to see how Myles Amine does against Taylor.  They haven’t wrestled have they?

Whoops good call on Cox.   Yeah I guess Downey is probably the best non-NLWC American 86, especially after just seeing Martin vs Taylor.  Although if Flo is putting it together Askren would probably want to see how Myles Amine does against Taylor.  They haven’t wrestled have they?

Amine was 5th at Worlds, but he can’t even beat Mark Hall.

First period tech if he wrestled Taylor. I think Amine would lose to the top 5 American 86kg guys. Nickal, Valencia, Ringer, Martin would all give him problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn’t Amine supposedly have better common opponent results than a lot of those guys?

It’s hard for them (US guys) to get equivalent results when they have to beat each other to get to Worlds, etc. If we could send more than one rep (and Russia, Iran, etc could, too) I’d bet that Myles Amine would have a hard time making it that deep into the repechage.

2 hours ago, Le duke said:

It’s hard for them (US guys) to get equivalent results when they have to beat each other to get to Worlds, etc. If we could send more than one rep (and Russia, Iran, etc could, too) I’d bet that Myles Amine would have a hard time making it that deep into the repechage.

How about compared to Downey?