1 minute ago, Eagle26 said:

Back to the original topic... I don’t think Dake looked sucked out at 79, but 74 will definitely be tough. As others mentioned, I think it’s tough for Burroughs too. Dake seems to be extremely disciplined so I am sure he will do it right and will be fine 

I agree. Add in that he has perfected the 'I am gassed' look.

2 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Because only one of Dake and Burroughs can makenit through, whereas Chorizo has locked down the top seed.

Them having to face each other at OTT immediately makes their odds much lower than Sidakov AND Chorizo.

Gotcha... that makes total sense. For some reason I was just looking at it as if they were all in the tournament. Theirs odds may even be lower now that I think of it.

1 hour ago, ShakaAloha said:

I hear what you are saying but it would take some pretty big stones by the Russian federation to sit their reigning, 2x world champ at 74kg for the 2021 Olympics.  I can't see them doing that.  Their only MFS weights that seem up for debate are 86 and 125 kg.  

i agree with you, its a tough call, but not new. If you look at Russia's 97kg rep in 2016 Olympics - even though Gadisov was world champ in 2014 and silver in 2015, they still went with Anzor Bolt (based on 2016 Russian Nationals) as thier rep for 97kg in Rio Olympics.

36 minutes ago, Eagle26 said:

If Sidakov has to do a wrestle off, his odds would go down a lot too. Especially since they had a year off, they may not just give him the spot

This is also true.

So that scenario makes it so Chorizo is the world favorite, despite losing to three of the four likely other contenders in his most recent matches with them.

7 minutes ago, freestyle_fan said:

i agree with you, its a tough call, but not new. If you look at Russia's 97kg rep in 2016 Olympics - even though Gadisov was world champ in 2014 and silver in 2015, they still went with Anzor Bolt (based on 2016 Russian Nationals) as thier rep for 97kg in Rio Olympics.

It would be great to have Russia's depth!  But in your example with Gadisov and Bolt, Gadisov just lost to Snyder at the prior Worlds, so I could see why the Russian Federation would hold a wrestle-off.  In this example, you have Sidakov who is the reigning, 2x World Champ and undefeated against Burroughs and Chamizo, versus Gazi, who just lost to Chamizo at Euros.  If anything, by losing at Euros to Chamizo it would seal the deal for Sidakov as the Olympic rep at 74kg for Russia IMO.  But, if they hold a wrestle off and Gazi gets a fair shot at making the team, I give them credit.

53 minutes ago, Eagle26 said:

Back to the original topic... I don’t think Dake looked sucked out at 79, but 74 will definitely be tough. As others mentioned, I think it’s tough for Burroughs too. Dake seems to be extremely disciplined so I am sure he will do it right and will be fine 

for what it's worth 

Capture 5.PNG

12 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

It would be great to have Russia's depth!  But in your example with Gadisov and Bolt, Gadisov just lost to Snyder at the prior Worlds, so I could see why the Russian Federation would hold a wrestle-off.  In this example, you have Sidakov who is the reigning, 2x World Champ and undefeated against Burroughs and Chamizo, versus Gazi, who just lost to Chamizo at Euros.  If anything, by losing at Euros to Chamizo it would seal the deal for Sidakov as the Olympic rep at 74kg for Russia IMO.  But, if they hold a wrestle off and Gazi gets a fair shot at making the team, I give them credit.

Agree, let's see how it goes. Gazi no doubt making his case for a wrestle-off, this combined with corona effect, the chances are very likely to see that wrestle-off,  fingers crossed!

5 hours ago, ShakaAloha said:

I love Dylan but he is extremely biased.  If Dake really walks around at 175, then it would have been no problem to do the Flo match at 74kg.

Obviously he's biased - and as to @hammerlockthree's point, also Out There.  But so what? Bias doesn't really come into play here. Nor does Palacio being Out There - Yianni isn't a wildman and he RT'd it. Why would anyone cut for a Flo exhibition? Arujau and Alvarez wrestled at 140. Taylor and Martin wrestled at, what, 200? 

My point is only that neither Dake nor Chamizo is going to have trouble with the cut to 74.