Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Has Flo issued any sort of public apology? Have they said what is being done to correct their on going technical issues? I’m not on twitter so maybe I missed something, but you would think they would email their customers or at least talked about it during the event or put up a video. I haven’t heard anything. I’m a long time subscriber and the content is worth the cost for me, but I’m not sure how long they can expect customers to put up with all these technical issues. Just hoping they apologize and state what they are doing so that it never happens again, and then we can forgive them and continue being happy subscribers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Eagle26 said:

Has Flo issued any sort of public apology? Have they said what is being done to correct their on going technical issues? I’m not on twitter so maybe I missed something, but you would think they would email their customers or at least talked about it during the event or put up a video. I haven’t heard anything. I’m a long time subscriber and the content is worth the cost for me, but I’m not sure how long they can expect customers to put up with all these technical issues. Just hoping they apologize and state what they are doing so that it never happens again, and then we can forgive them and continue being happy subscribers 

Yes, they apologized. Here it is.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/onwardstate.com/2017/02/21/flowrestling-apologizes-for-nwca-dual-championship-debacle/amp/

Edited by Billyhoyle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Billyhoyle said:

This is very typical of Flo.  The domain you posted, staging-public.flowrestling.org is some sort of QA domain.   More importantly, current credentials are invalid but previous credentials are valid.  How did you come up with that domain -  are you moonlighting at Flo?

Edited by Plasmodium
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

This is very typical of Flo.  The domain you posted, staging-public.flowrestling.org is some sort of QA domain.   More importantly, current credentials are invalid but previous credentials are valid.  How did you come up with that domain -  are you moonlighting at Flo?

It was from 3 years ago when Martin was still there in case you didn't notice but the domain is for testing tournament formats. I've used it occasionally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

This is very typical of Flo.  The domain you posted, staging-public.flowrestling.org is some sort of QA domain.   More importantly, current credentials are invalid but previous credentials are valid.  How did you come up with that domain -  are you moonlighting at Flo?

its from martin so that automatically makes it at least 3 years old...

he was trying to be clever...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

It was from 3 years ago when Martin was still there in case you didn't notice but the domain is for testing tournament formats. I've used it occasionally.

I didn't notice at first, but did after a second.  A little odd that invalidated credentials are still publicly accessible.   Maybe I just got phished!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

This is very typical of Flo.  The domain you posted, staging-public.flowrestling.org is some sort of QA domain.   More importantly, current credentials are invalid but previous credentials are valid.  How did you come up with that domain -  are you moonlighting at Flo?

hahahahahaha at least it wasn't the UAT environment??? I mean do they hire kids that grabbed a bootcamp certificate last week? That's seriously some first time foolishness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LJB said:

an apology will not make any difference...

they will talk about it tomorrow on FRL... 

and it won't make a damn bit of difference to the whiners...

I could not disagree more strongly.

I think an apology is important. It is part of running a business profitably and intelligently. If you do not recognize when you have failed your paying customers, you will find that after a while you do not have paying customers. This is as fundamental a business situation as there can be that requires an apology AND an explanation as to what is being done to ensure that the situation does not repeat itself. No business can afford to take its customers for granted and expect to survive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I could not disagree more strongly.

I think an apology is important. It is part of running a business profitably and intelligently. If you do not recognize when you have failed your paying customers, you will find that after a while you do not have paying customers. This is as fundamental a business situation as there can be that requires an apology AND an explanation as to what is being done to ensure that the situation does not repeat itself. No business can afford to take its customers for granted and expect to survive.

in theory, i agree with what you are saying...

this bbs has proven that in practice that is not always the case... and never in regards to the devil...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

I didn't notice at first, but did after a second.  A little odd that invalidated credentials are still publicly accessible.   Maybe I just got phished!

I googled flowrestling apology to try to find Martin’s old apology. Didn’t realize it was a weird link. I will delete. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CP and Askren brought it up briefly as they opened on FRL but they said they couldn't go into details. However, they did mention a bigger than expected demand for the card. A few comments on the July 25 card:

1. Other than the internet crash, loved the product, the whole week of videos and interviews, and of course the wrestling match-ups. Looking forward to future cards (without any crashes!).

2. Not sure if it was part of the internet crash, but why can't Flo stay live in the arena between matches?  I have no problems with the commercials (go ahead, bring in revenue) but when they turn off to that static Flo screen, I'm not sure if it's another crash, if I'm missing the action, or if another broadcast company has the rights. Why do they sign off in between matches? 

3. Always liked Ben Askren, but I'm really becoming a huge fan of his. Excellent insight all the time, great interview questions and he seems like an awesome dude too. Also imo, CP does an excellent job as the FRL host and pbp during matches. 

4. Gotta love Frank Chamizo! Besides his slick wrestling skills, was really impressed with his English, especially how he recognizes some bigger, not so common English words during his interviews. The guys were speaking pretty quick at him and he still understood what they were saying.  

5. Is the next card 5 match-ups again? If it stays at only 5 matches how about a best of 3 like the Final X format? Or, how about 10 different bouts? I realize they probably have some sort of budget for this and/or maybe contestants don't want best of 3, but I felt 5 bouts weren't enough for the big show on Saturday night. Yet at the same time, the time between bouts was painfully long with a static Flo screen, or sometimes commercials, or sometimes repeated previews of the contestants. Hopefully Flo can fix the glitches and turn this into a top notch consistent event.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They apologized as much as they should.  Made it known they were disappointed and moved on.  They were commentating, not manning the DOT line.  Was it frustrating?  Yes.  Not nearly as frustrating as the live youth/ms tournament that was being broadcast from IA earlier in the day.  At least most of the refs had on mask.  Anyway...

CP and Askren play well off of each other I believe.  Love Bratke (OU and all)  but Askren makes FRL.  Ben would have been better commentating and not interviewing, but that just my opinion.  I understand the need to sell adverts, but the boys should have been talking during a portion of the breaks.  Definitely too long.

I enjoyed all the matches.  Grateful there was some wrestling.  Looking forward to the next time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why do people keep freaking out about Flo? They are what they are. Expecting change or an apology from that type of company wannabe entourage style culture isn’t going to happen.
 

They’re actually a pretty good reflection of the state of wrestling overall if you really want to get down to it. 


It’s well established what you get. You either pay for it and deal with it or you don’t depending on what you want to see. Besides. Their Website format is vastly more irritating than streaming issues

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@jp157.

You are right, Flo is what it is.  In my opinion their subscription is a a great value for the money and as a rabid wrestling fan they deliver content I can't get anywhere else.

There is an undeniable element of hubris when Flo personalities talk about their role In the space.  At times when humility would be more appropriate, they often lean into the self-aggrandizing.  This attitude makes it easy, from an emotional perspective, to take some joy when they stumble.

Honestly, Flo has advanced our sport immeasurably.  Still, citing that advancement as a defense mechanism every time legitimate criticism is levied against them can be frustrating for even their biggest supporters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Mphillips said:

They apologized as much as they should.  Made it known they were disappointed and moved on.  They were commentating, not manning the DOT line.  Was it frustrating?  Yes.  Not nearly as frustrating as the live youth/ms tournament that was being broadcast from IA earlier in the day.  At least most of the refs had on mask.  Anyway...

CP and Askren play well off of each other I believe.  Love Bratke (OU and all)  but Askren makes FRL.  Ben would have been better commentating and not interviewing, but that just my opinion.  I understand the need to sell adverts, but the boys should have been talking during a portion of the breaks.  Definitely too long.

I enjoyed all the matches.  Grateful there was some wrestling.  Looking forward to the next time.

Speaking of FRL, Chael Sonnen was awesome on the show last week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can't expect Pyles and crew to be able to explain why the stream went down. None of the faces of Flo are very tech savvy and they all barely know the difference between a CAT5 and a telephone cable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BobDole said:

You can't expect Pyles and crew to be able to explain why the stream went down. None of the faces of Flo are very tech savvy and they all barely know the difference between a CAT5 and a telephone cable. 

surprized cat high five - Imgur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...