Sign in to follow this  
jerseywrestling

Best Wrestlers in Oklahoma State History

Best Wrestlers in Oklahoma State History

r960-ff114d2222ea355ffb43f4032f9e4bd6.jp

http://www.jerseywrestling.com/news.php?story=Best Wrestlers in Oklahoma State History

Oklahoma State has more NCAA All-Americans than any other team in DI history!

The top twenty-one wrestlers in Cowboys history include a four-time champion, fifteen, three-time champions, and a four-time finalist.

Check out the best Oklahoma State wrestlers of all-time ranked by NCAA medals!

Here are the top twenty-one!

Rank - Name - Score - Medals

#1 - Pat Smith - 64 - 1,1,1,1
#2 - Dick Hutton - 60 - 1,1,2,1
#3 - Alex Dieringer - 58 - 3,1,1,1
#3 - Jake Rosholt - 58 - 1,3,1,1
#5 - Mark Branch - 56 - 1,2,2,1
#6 - Eric Guerrero - 55 - 5,1,1,1
#7 - Johnny Thompson - 54 - 2,1,1,3
#8 - Jordan Oliver - 53 - 4,1,2,1
#9 - Johny Hendricks - 51 - 5,1,1,2
#10 - Conrad Caldwell - 48 - 1,1,1
#10 - David Arndt - 48 - 1,1,1
#10 - Earl McCready - 48 - 1,1,1
#10 - Jack VanBebber - 48 - 1,1,1
#10 - Jimmy Jackson - 48 - 1,1,1
#10 - Joe McDaniel - 48 - 1,1,1
#10 - Mike Sheets - 48 - 7,2,1,1
#10 - Myron Roderick - 48 - 1,1,1
#10 - Rex Peery - 48 - 1,1,1
#10 - Ross Flood - 48 - 1,1,1
#10 - Stanley Henson - 48 - 1,1,1
#10 - Yojiro Uetake - 48 - 1,1,1

There have been 243 All-American wrestlers who have won 467 medals for Oklahoma State which is the most in NCAA history!

http://www.jerseywrestling.com/ncaa_team_profile.php?team=Oklahoma%20State

Check out the full story from the photo!

https://tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/osusportsextra/osu-s-alex-dieringer-approaching-elite-company/article_d5a45eae-6d76-5552-bc21-395d1137aa37.html

===

Like and follow us on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/jerseywrestling/

I know this whole thing is ranked by NCAA medals, but I'm sure I'm not going to be the only one to lol at Uetake being #10

Undefeated, Outstanding wrestler 2 years in a row at the NCAA Championships and Olympic champ months after winning his first of 3 titles.

42 minutes ago, CA_Wrestler said:

I know this whole thing is ranked by NCAA medals, but I'm sure I'm not going to be the only one to lol at Uetake being #10

Undefeated, Outstanding wrestler 2 years in a row at the NCAA Championships and Olympic champ months after winning his first of 3 titles.

But he would have shown up higher if his name would have been Abe!

5 hours ago, CA_Wrestler said:

No doubt about it.

6 hours ago, CA_Wrestler said:

This.  If Uetake is at #10, the ranking system being used is flawed.  He should be ahead of Branch at the very least.

Looks like they give 16 points for a 1st, a lot of These Wrestlers wrestled when there was only 3 Years eligibility, 12 Wrestlers on this list won NCAA EVERY year they were eligible, Certainly some of the 11 that only had 3 years eligibility would have been 4 Time Champs if they had 4 Years,   Uetake not winning NCAA if he had a 4th year would have been shocking,  Most people who saw him say Uetake was the best.

I know people are going to bring up Dan Gable losing to Larry Owings as anything can happen and it can but,  but the chances of ALL Eleven Including Uetake ALL Losing if they had a 4th Year has to be very close to ZERO.

Edited by dougb

4 hours ago, dougb said:

Looks like they give 16 points for a 1st, a lot of These Wrestlers wrestled when there was only 3 Years eligibility, 12 Wrestlers on this list won NCAA EVERY year they were eligible, Certainly some of the 11 that only had 3 years eligibility would have been 4 Time Champs if they had 4 Years,   Uetake not winning NCAA if he had a 4th year would have been shocking,  Most people who saw him say Uetake was the best.

I know people are going to bring up Dan Gable losing to Larry Owings as anything can happen and it can but,  but the chances of ALL Eleven Including Uetake ALL Losing if they had a 4th Year has to be very close to ZERO.

Agreed, Uetake wasn't losing to anyone in the US from that era.

Also, it's crazy to think that John Smith couldn't make this list!

18 hours ago, ShakaAloha said:

Agreed, Uetake wasn't losing to anyone in the US from that era.

Also, it's crazy to think that John Smith couldn't make this list!

It appears it is based on.

1st = 16

2nd = 12

3rd = 10

4th = 9

5th = 7

So  J. Smith = DNP 2-1-1 =44 points

On 7/29/2020 at 3:43 PM, dougb said:

It appears it is based on.

1st = 16

2nd = 12

3rd = 10

4th = 9

5th = 7

So  J. Smith = DNP 2-1-1 =44 points

Ricky Stewart:  7,1,1,3 = 42 points   maybe 7th is worth 3 that takes Ricky up to 45 points.

Kenny Monday dnp, 2,2,1 = 40 points

Dang

Edited by BadgerMon

On 7/28/2020 at 8:23 PM, gimpeltf said:

I don't know how many times this needs to be said. This is purely math not a judgment.

It should be the three best years ...or first three years. It’s not mathematically Equivalent to  take 4 placements vs 3 placements On medal score. Take Pat Smiths best 3 vs Uetake’s best 3.  

16 minutes ago, Idaho said:

It should be the three best years ...or first three years. It’s not mathematically Equivalent to  take 4 placements vs 3 placements On medal score. Take Pat Smiths best 3 vs Uetake’s best 3.  

Then make your own version. He's spending the time and energy to do it the way he wants. I appreciate it and understand it.

1 hour ago, Idaho said:

I don’t think Uetake has an argument over Pat Smith (and yes I know these rankings are just based on math).  Regardless of the circumstances, 4 titles is better than 3 even if the guy with 3 never had a chance for 4.

3 hours ago, 1032004 said:

I don’t think Uetake has an argument over Pat Smith (and yes I know these rankings are just based on math).  Regardless of the circumstances, 4 titles is better than 3 even if the guy with 3 never had a chance for 4.

Intermatwrestle and WIN both have Uetake 3rd overall ... best OSU of all time. Not sure about Flo since I don’t ha e a subscription to see it. 

3 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Uetake never lost in either folk or free, he won Olympic Gold while in college and again after, he was never challenged. John could big brother Pat after Pat won 4, and John was probably more dominate last two years than Pat.  Pretty sure if you asked John  and/or Pat who was the best ever OSU wrestler, I know who they would both say.

8 hours ago, ionel said:

Uetake never lost in either folk or free, he won Olympic Gold while in college and again after, he was never challenged. John could big brother Pat after Pat won 4, and John was probably more dominate last two years than Pat.  Pretty sure if you asked John  and/or Pat who was the best ever OSU wrestler, I know who they would both say.

Sorry I was more just referring to in terms of college accomplishments, not necessarily “best,” in response to the suggestion to “take the medal score of tbe 3 best years.”