29 minutes ago, PSUSMC said:

Is he still in the Army (was part of WCAP)?

That's what I was wondering. If so, man, he's in more trouble than just a 4 year suspension.

UCMJ and at best a general discharge, but probably an OTH. 

The slightly good news from this is the US has been really good at making sure Any violations are caught prior to their athlete placing in a major world event.  Sure it’s a sad situation related to USA wrestling but at least it won’t news at the world/Olympic stage or when a medal retraced afterward like several other countries have had.  

10 hours ago, Sean h said:

Dude he is 32 at least he is born 87

Where did you see he was born in '87? Not that I see a different date just curious. In the article where it says he's 30 it mentions a few dates. The date of the article, the date of the non-test and the date of the competition (also a competition from last year). It could be he was 30 at one of those times.

On 7/31/2020 at 7:16 AM, Plasmodium said:

This is the same guy that spent years at NLWC?

Yes, he was in WCAP but trained at NLWC part time because Army didn't really have a freestyle team.

On 7/29/2020 at 12:05 PM, Le duke said:

That's what I was wondering. If so, man, he's in more trouble than just a 4 year suspension.

UCMJ and at best a general discharge, but probably an OTH. 

He was kicked out of WCAP and is quitting the Army.

He was kicked out of WCAP and is quitting the Army.

Well, the point I’m getting at is that he can’t “quit” the Army. He has a contract, and his contract will be terminated by the Army and he will most likely receive a General or Other Than Honorable discharge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Return of Aztec said:

He graduated high school in 2009. He couldn't have been born

There is case they make exemptions for foreigners for if someone cant catch up class or other reasons. Up to 2years or maximum 3.  Either way , it sucks it's not probably just him but many athlete are probably using it lowkey but dumbass ordered through online. 

Edited by Sean h

9 hours ago, Sean h said:

There is case they make exemptions for foreigners for if someone cant catch up class or other reasons. Up to 2years or maximum 3.  Either way , it sucks it's not probably just him but many athlete are probably using it lowkey but dumbass ordered through online. 

While that may be true for enrollment purposes, as far as I am aware, a student in that situation would not be allowed to compete in HS athletics in California if they did not meet the age requirements for the CIF. If he was born in 1987, he would have been too old to compete in the 2008-09 season regardless, but he did (took 3rd at state).

Edited by Return of Aztec

1 hour ago, Return of Aztec said:

While that may be true for enrollment purposes, as far as I am aware, a student in that situation would not be allowed to compete in HS athletics in California if they did not meet the age requirements for the CIF. If he was born in 1987, he would have been too old to compete in the 2008-09 season regardless, but he did (took 3rd at state).

And he was the State champ at 140lbs the year prior

16 hours ago, Le duke said:

Well, the point I’m getting at is that he can’t “quit” the Army. He has a contract, and his contract will be terminated by the Army and he will most likely receive a General or Other Than Honorable discharge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah, if he decides to "quit", he won't end up with any kind of GD, it will be with an RE Code of RE-4 and a possible big chicken dinner.