Blue Dragons

PD3 Signs with SuckerPunch

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

Pretty impressive company.  Sucker Punch's roster list is a who's who of.........who?

I know there are a ton of management companies losing sleep this week having missed out on such an opportunity.

Namajunas Women’s Champ

De Randamie former women’s champ

They use to represent Max Holloway.

Site says 8 UFC Champs, but I went through the roster and Namajunas is the only one, so my guess is they repped people before they were champs and count that or they did when they became champs and the fighter moved on.

So real talk: Does anyone see him rising above Bellator name who only has a following because we know him from wrestling?
Think of the quality of wrestlers who never make the UFC (or still havent)

Edited by spladle08

I don't even see him rising TO Bellator name. Honestly.  Pico got signed as a phenom and forgot his roots.  Lost 3 easily winnable matches because of it and likely lost a few years of his combat abilities for getting KOd.  I see Downey earning a contract, but not having success in Bellator.  He is TST(thick solid and tight) so does he make that drop to 185?  Or does he go up to 205, where he won't have a power advantage?

All this said, I see him forgetting his roots and trying to throw with too many people.  I also don't see him giving proper respects to BJJ type grapplers and getting something torn off or put to sleep.  He has the grit and power to succeed, I just don't trust his fight IQ until I see it.

24 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I don't even see him rising TO Bellator name. Honestly.  Pico got signed as a phenom and forgot his roots.  Lost 3 easily winnable matches because of it and likely lost a few years of his combat abilities for getting KOd.  I see Downey earning a contract, but not having success in Bellator.  He is TST(thick solid and tight) so does he make that drop to 185?  Or does he go up to 205, where he won't have a power advantage?

All this said, I see him forgetting his roots and trying to throw with too many people.  I also don't see him giving proper respects to BJJ type grapplers and getting something torn off or put to sleep.  He has the grit and power to succeed, I just don't trust his fight IQ until I see it.

Well said man. I think you hit the nail on the head

54 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Nice analysis. All I know is I’m buying every single card he is on...so I can see him get stomped over, and over, and over, and....

2 minutes ago, HokieHWT said:

Nice analysis. All I know is I’m buying every single card he is on...so I can see him get stomped over, and over, and over, and....

I want him to do well. I'll buy them because I buy nearly every card with wrestlers on them.  Still waiting for that Storley-Ruth fight. 

I live in Florida, however my roots are in Michigan(A State fan here). When it comes to MMA I root for wrestlers first, much like when it comes to college sports I root for the B1G and MAC first.

Good for Pat and good luck to him.

He's a less intelligent Chael Sonnen, in that he is his own hype machine, just not as savvy. If he starts off with a pretty good record, on top of having been an NJCAA Champ, a D1 All-American, and a World Team Member, he could make a name for himself somewhat quickly.

While I was never a fan of his mouth, he was a much better wrestler than most people here give him credit for being.

1 minute ago, Tofurky said:

Good for Pat and good luck to him.

He's a less intelligent Chael Sonnen, in that he is his own hype machine, just not as savvy. If he starts off with a pretty good record, on top of having been an NJCAA Champ, a D1 All-American, and a World Team Member, he could make a name for himself somewhat quickly.

While I was never a fan of his mouth, he was a much better wrestler than most people here give him credit for being.

Honestly I am hoping he fights like Hendo did before he realized all he had left was the world ender known as the H-Bomb. Give him the mouth of Sonnen and BLAMMO. You have him kissing his right fist and saying he is bringing that 'Big D Bomb' to town.

The thought of hearing Blue Dragons brag about the Big D Bomb his son is blasting folks with already annoys the $HlT out of me.

3 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

I think Covington stole the only shtick he could pull off

Maybe, but that world still has room for second rate versions of that shtick. People love watching cocky people lose. Look at how Pat, and his dad are treated here. MMA is no different.

40 minutes ago, Tofurky said:

Maybe, but that world still has room for second rate versions of that shtick. People love watching cocky people lose. Look at how Pat, and his dad are treated here. MMA is no different.

I don't think it will work as well given his level in MMA, sense the culture is way more saturated with that sort of thing. Remember when Johnny Hendricks went from public enemy #1 (and I am not being ironic I hated him too), to "happy beard guy"? 

He's gonna have to make some serious strides and survive in a training environment without being kicked out for longer than he ever has before he can  be relevant enough trash talk his way into a fight he doesn't deserve.

15 hours ago, HokieHWT said:

Namajunas Women’s Champ

De Randamie former women’s champ

They use to represent Max Holloway.

Site says 8 UFC Champs, but I went through the roster and Namajunas is the only one, so my guess is they repped people before they were champs and count that or they did when they became champs and the fighter moved on.

I was going to mention the irony in that their "star power" was in the women's divisions.

Edited by Lurker