Blue Dragons

PD3 Signs with SuckerPunch

44 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

I am trying to not get so invested in the Downey stuff cause it feeds into the sensationalism that I don't particularly like......but is this the least self aware tweet of all time?!!?!?!?

To paraphrase Amarillo Slim, if you don't know in the first 10 minutes who the pigeon at the table is, its you.

On 7/31/2020 at 10:18 AM, Coach_J said:

Not in my life has a 1-time NCAA 5th placer and a 1-time world 9th placer ever been able to draw as much attention to himself as all the guys who actually won those tournaments combined.  Happy trails...

Maybe it's those 5 national titles and Pan Am bronze medal that have something to do with it.  :)

On 7/31/2020 at 10:18 AM, Coach_J said:

Not in my life has a 1-time NCAA 5th placer and a 1-time world 9th placer ever been able to draw as much attention to himself as all the guys who actually won those tournaments combined.  Happy trails...

Any way you put it, 9th in the world is pretty darn impressive. We can’t deny his wrestling talent even if we don’t like him. But I do agree controversy draws attention and sadly he gets a lot of attention for what he does off the mat. 

19 hours ago, Eagle26 said:

Any way you put it, 9th in the world is pretty darn impressive. We can’t deny his wrestling talent even if we don’t like him. But I do agree controversy draws attention and sadly he gets a lot of attention for what he does off the mat. 

Its not even "what he does off the mat", the guy isn't a criminal or anything, he just says a lot of goofy stuff.

21 hours ago, Eagle26 said:

Give me a break with this 9th place crap. Yes he won two matches at the World Championships. However, he was not pulled into repechage bc the German that took him to the woodshed (13-0) in the round of 16 lost to Amine in the quarters therefore he has no right to be bestowed a honorary title of “2019 9th Place finisher”

Give me a break with this 9th place crap. Yes he won two matches at the World Championships. However, he was not pulled into repechage bc the German that took him to the woodshed (13-0) in the round of 16 lost to Amine in the quarters therefore he has no right to be bestowed a honorary title of “2019 9th Place finisher”

Getting pulled into the repechage is also a false finish. Guy can get blasted in a small bracket, not score a point and end up pulled into a medal match. One dude at veterans wolds was 0-2 and got pinned and teched and finished 5th (he didn’t score any team points since he scored no technical points). Being pulled into the repechage is irrelevant. He won 2 matches before being bounced. it’s not a perfect system to place by any means, but that’s what it is, so that’s what it is.

28 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Its quite simple to say "he wasn't the ninth best wrestler in the world at 86". No one is confused about the the relevance of his finish. 

How many other 9ths were there?It might have broken down since it's partially classification marks.

6 hours ago, HokieHWT said:

Dude if you qualify for the world championships and win two matches that is pretty freakin good. Yeah he’s not David Taylor, but by any other standards he’s a great wrestler. I don’t always agree with how UWW assigns places (not a fan of repachage  and Double bronze either), but that is how they are determined and he is in fact labeled the 9th best wrestler in the entire world at 86kg for 2019. He just needs to get off Twitter. 

He can place 9th at Worlds and still not be the 9th best wrestler in the world. Both those things can be true at the same time, particularly since one is a fact and the other is an opinion. 

Quit pretending that one is the other.

Ok, I'm done scolding. What were we talking about?

My stepdad was an Olympian and finished something like 9th or 12th at the games. As a kid, I used to mess with him saying it wasn’t that good. Now that I am an adult I realize what an idiot I was. 

Doesn’t matter what place you got, getting to that level is a huge accomplishment that most athletes will never reach or even understand. 

22 minutes ago, SamStall365247 said:

My stepdad was an Olympian and finished something like 9th or 12th at the games. As a kid, I used to mess with him saying it wasn’t that good. Now that I am an adult I realize what an idiot I was. 

Doesn’t matter what place you got, getting to that level is a huge accomplishment that most athletes will never reach or even understand. 

maybe when some of these "posters" reach adult hood they will get the same realization...

maybe...