Sign in to follow this  
freestyle_fan

Latest Interview with Sadulaev

I found this latest interview with Sadulaev (credit to Ivan_FSWrestling twitter feed)..the problem is, its in Russia, no english translation. May be someone on this forum (that knows russian) try to translate it..

Few notes from Ivan_FSWrestling

In short: -In 13-14 y.o the wrestling made me sick - the future of the Round 3 is in Snyder’s hand, just as is in mine. But we will meet again on the mat - If Russia banned from the Olympics, I will compete under a neutral flag - I don’t consider moving to MMA

I have two ADAMS warns, if they announce me the third warn I will be disqualified 
- I don't care that # Tokyo2020 is postponed, we are all in the same conditions, but I was in good shape.
- I would like 5 kids
- my idols all three time Olympics winners in

Sadulaev's warnings were for ADAMS (Anti-Doping Administration & Management System). You have to register your whereabouts at all times in case WADA or one of their affiliates wants to do a random test. I think Burroughs picked one up a few years ago. Sadulaev was saying he's got 2 warnings because of that and the third one would result in a suspension.

Sadulaev got suspended by UWW for a separate matter, which was for wearing the t-shirt with Imam Shamil on it in the press area after the 2019 Worlds, which is a violation of the IOC code of conduct. That summer, Chechen warlord Ramzan Kadyrov had insulted Imam Shamil, who is a national historical hero to the people of Dagestan. Sadualev, like many other Dagestantis, was showing Dagastani (and Avar) pride, as were many other Dagestanis during that summer, and inadvertently ran afoul of the IOC regulation. I believe the punishment was something like 4 months from the incident, which still would have allowed Sadulaev to compete in Yariguin, altho he elected not to. Either way, he sat out no events as a result of the suspension. 

56 minutes ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

Sadulaev's warnings were for ADAMS (Anti-Doping Administration & Management System). You have to register your whereabouts at all times in case WADA or one of their affiliates wants to do a random test. I think Burroughs picked one up a few years ago. Sadulaev was saying he's got 2 warnings because of that and the third one would result in a suspension.

Sadulaev got suspended by UWW for a separate matter, which was for wearing the t-shirt with Imam Shamil on it in the press area after the 2019 Worlds, which is a violation of the IOC code of conduct. That summer, Chechen warlord Ramzan Kadyrov had insulted Imam Shamil, who is a national historical hero to the people of Dagestan. Sadualev, like many other Dagestantis, was showing Dagastani (and Avar) pride, as were many other Dagestanis during that summer, and inadvertently ran afoul of the IOC regulation. I believe the punishment was something like 4 months from the incident, which still would have allowed Sadulaev to compete in Yariguin, altho he elected not to. Either way, he sat out no events as a result of the suspension. 

@Jaroslav Hasek - Thanks for the clarification and additional details on his ban!

2 hours ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

Cost him 5k in Swiss francs. If he converted at the airport its more like 10k.