Sign in to follow this  
Cary by the Lake

Ryan Crookham commits to Lehigh

**** Ryan Crookham of Notre Dame Green Pond high school in PA, class of 2022 and #2 ranked overall wrestler of the class has committed to Lehigh University.  He is a 2X state champion.  He will be a junior this season and has wrestled at 126 last year.  This is a monster pick up.  Here is the article. https://www.lehighvalleylive.com/highschoolsports/2020/08/notre-dames-crookham-commits-to-lehigh-to-wrestle.html?outputType=amp

He is going to be excellent. I’d guess multiple time AA.

I think he will end up being a 149-165 at various points. He is huge for his weight. That’s a more recent thing though. When he won his first title he was small. 

Having only 3 losses in PA so far is incredibly impressive. He also doesn’t beat the top kids just on strength, speed, etc. His wrestling is pretty refined. 

I think he is a great fit for the program 

18 hours ago, D3 for LU said:

I'll say... yes, he's ranked #2 @132 (FLO '20-'21 HS rankings),) behind Nic Bouzakis of Wyoming Seminary (who's a beast and a half himself! B>O. )

P4P... he's ranked 8th.

Outstanding pickup by LEHIGH.

D3

Bouzakis is amazing. I’m not convinced he has a better D1 career than Crookham however. 

Bouzakis is so far ahead physically than everyone in high school, including Crookham, that I’m concerned he relies on it a bit too much. Granted he is also an excellent wrestler without those attributes. 

I have noticed though that often times in takes kids like that a few years to adjust to having half of their opponents on their level physically. 

I could be way off. Bouzakis might be a 4 time AA. He is damn good.