Sign in to follow this  
JBluegill133

Ben Andrew recent tweet

21 hours ago, jchapman said:

Are current student athletes typically sponsored members of RTCs?

I guess it depends on what you would define as a sponsored member, is that someone whom they pay for coaching and competition or receiving a salary? Most RTCs or clubs even pay for travel expenses for out of season junior/university/senior tournaments as schools typically limit or don't contribute at all to them financially.

On 8/11/2020 at 2:55 AM, JBluegill133 said:

Not sure if this is real but it has wrestling Twitter all up and at em’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Askren acting like a drama queen again, why am I not surprised? The misspelling of "transparency" doesn't make him seem any smarter, either. Guaranteed no school will ever hire this loudmouth clown as HC.

Edited by TobusRex

On 8/13/2020 at 10:45 AM, HurricaneWrestling2 said:

He took a leave of absence - reportedly to search trash cans for discarded medals.

Don't tell him I was seated first row at B1Gs that year and got myself a nice silver medal for absolutely nothing! Naw, go ahead and tell him. I haven't gotten a chance to crush a little guy in quite some time :D

On 8/13/2020 at 4:49 PM, ionel said:

While on leave there's a pond in Stillwater, OK he should check out.  :)

Believe me you do NOT want to go into that pond! I bet half of it is still piss from when I was going to school there!

24 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

Askren acting like a drama queen again, why am I not surprised? The misspelling of "transparency" doesn't make him seem any smarter, either. Guaranteed no school will ever hire this loudmouth clown as HC.

He doesn’t want to be a head coach. He was interested in Wisconsin because he lives somewhat nearby. 

he makes many times what a HC makes

2 hours ago, Housebuye said:

He doesn’t want to be a head coach. He was interested in Wisconsin because he lives somewhat nearby. 

he makes many times what a HC makes

Well that's good, because nobody will want him. Now OTCs won't want him either (never could figure out why they would, his FS technique was ****).  Seeing his utter lack of maturity makes me think what money he has isn't going to last for long.

I enjoyed watching him in college. Was a huge fan, even. But man, the more I learn about Askren the more of a whiny, preening, loudmouthed jackass he seems to be. I LOVED his last MMA match, needless to say.

Edited by TobusRex

2 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

Well that's good, because nobody will want him. Now now OTCs won't want him either (never could figure out why they would, his FS technique was ****).  Seeing his utter lack of maturity makes me think what money he has isn't going to last for long.

I enjoyed watching him in college. Was a huge fan, even. But man, the more I learn about Askren the more of a whiny, preening, loudmouthed jackass he seems to be. I LOVED his last MMA match, needless to say.

Being from Wisconsin, I watched Askren all through high school.  He acts the same now as he did then.  This is his personality and it is good for a lot of things, and not so good for other things.

5 minutes ago, jchapman said:

Being from Wisconsin, I watched Askren all through high school.  He acts the same now as he did then.  This is his personality and it is good for a lot of things, and not so good for other things.

I'm much the same, I suppose. I'm a hardheaded, opinionated louthmouth. But I'm not trying to make a living off my wrestling skills, either. I'm making a living where I don't have to be nice, lol. I suppose I should cut Askren some slack, but he seriously disappoints me as a person and a man.

Edited by TobusRex

7 hours ago, TobusRex said:

Well that's good, because nobody will want him. Now OTCs won't want him either (never could figure out why they would, his FS technique was ****).  Seeing his utter lack of maturity makes me think what money he has isn't going to last for long.

OTCs? ... and his last MMA match was actually a pretty entertaining bout when they grappled.... but you probably did not see it.  Hurry..,. go to sherdog and check the results so you can cover your mitake.

Edited by AHamilton

10 hours ago, AHamilton said:

OTCs? ... and his last MMA match was actually a pretty entertaining bout when they grappled.... but you probably did not see it.  Hurry..,. go to sherdog and check the results so you can cover your mitake.

Doesn't OTC stand for Olympic Training Center? I thought his last match was that 1 second KO?

2 hours ago, TobusRex said:

Doesn't OTC stand for Olympic Training Center? I thought his last match was that 1 second KO?

His last fight was against the only fighter in the ufc with a stand up game equivalent to his own.  He got choked out. 

12 hours ago, AHamilton said:

Anyone else find it humorous that he made a mitake spelling mitake?