Sign in to follow this  
Henry

NATO new Duke assistant

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

"Big Cat" Tom Erikson has joined the staff as well!  That is a huge pick up too!

That is so crazy! I was watching Foxcatcher again today and when Big Bruce came on screen I shouted “look!” at my wife. Then I told a few stories from heavyweight school, in the summer of 1999, including one about Erikson....

short of it is Brian Keck, God Rest His Soul, gives some yokel from the mid-west a “free” poster of Bruce and Erikson going at it. However, it was only free if this hillbilly took it to Erikson and asked him to autograph it.

Hilarity ensued!

what a coincidence!

On 8/13/2020 at 11:13 PM, HokieHWT said:

That is so crazy! I was watching Foxcatcher again today and when Big Bruce came on screen I shouted “look!” at my wife. Then I told a few stories from heavyweight school, in the summer of 1999, including one about Erikson....

short of it is Brian Keck, God Rest His Soul, gives some yokel from the mid-west a “free” poster of Bruce and Erikson going at it. However, it was only free if this hillbilly took it to Erikson and asked him to autograph it.

Hilarity ensued!

what a coincidence!

Bruce is cool AF

16 hours ago, TobusRex said:

NATO was such a stud I was stunned he didn't finish his career with 3 titles.

He ran into Spencer one year and then got merkled twice in one match against Clark in the semis(which I couldn't believe) that cost him the match if I'm remembering correctly.

4 hours ago, CA_Wrestler said:

He ran into Spencer one year and then got merkled twice in one match against Clark in the semis(which I couldn't believe) that cost him the match if I'm remembering correctly.

Yup. 

he also did beat Lee that season. 

it goes to show how crazy it is to win 4 titles. Nato was good enough to win it 4 times, but won once. 

Super good guy. He is hard to root against. 

1 hour ago, Housebuye said:

Yup. 

it goes to show how crazy it is to win 4 titles. Nato was good enough to win it 4 times, but won once. 

Yep.  B10 Finals, right?

On 8/16/2020 at 8:21 AM, TobusRex said:

NATO was such a stud I was stunned he didn't finish his career with 3 titles.

I think if he stayed at 125 (as opposed to going up to 133), he would have won in 2016 and 2017

44 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

I think if he stayed at 125 (as opposed to going up to 133), he would have won in 2016 and 2017

He was at 125 in 2016. He lost to Gilman in the semis. 

8 hours ago, Housebuye said:

Yup. 

A lot of people forget Nate was wrestling with a torn ACL (tore at U23 trials against Fix).  He sat out the first half of the season, lost close to Lee in the dual (got rode like a Harley), gutted out at win at Big 10, and was pinned at NCAA by Lee.  Still 3rd at NCAA and 1-2 against Spencer Lee with a bum wheel is pretty amazing.  Super nice guy too, would often stay after matches to talk to youth wrestlers and sign their shoes, posters, etc.  Class act.