IronChef

NCAA Championship bubble

14 hours ago, TobusRex said:

Where did I deny the other morons running around spreading the virus weren't morons? Sounds to me like little Trumpanzee got his panties in a ****ing wad and made up a straw man argument. Secondly in my opinion anyone running around spreading COVID 19 through their STUPIDITY, selfishness, and ignorance deserve to be called morons. 

Regarding your comment about splitting up the country, that's about the kind of loyalty to the USA that  I'd expect from a Trump lover with more loyalty to Trump than America.

Where DID you call them morons??  Here is a hint...you didn't because MSNBC or CNN hasn't told you to do so.  And I love it when it gets to the point when your debate or rebuttal has no substance so your go to is the "Trump lover" and "more loyalty to Trump than America" comments.  Did you miss the part of how ironic it is that you call other people "morons" and "stupid people"??  On to you calling me a Trump lover...if you knew how to actually comprehend things you would realize that I can't stand the guy really.  Just because I don't blame him for every bad thing that happens to anyone anywhere in the world, doesn't mean I remotely like the guy.  He is a loud mouth a%$-hole.  But I guess I come from the cut of cloth where the president still deserve respect for the position, and even if I dislike someone I can also acknowledge when they do something good....just as I have with every single president that was either republican or democrat.  In your tiny little mind you can't even begin to fathom what it is like for someone in the role of president and the type of decisions they need to make and the pressure they are under.  Instead you hind behind your keyboard as an anonymous poster and second guess everything everyone else does because some TV station or politician told you to do so.  But you go ahead and be you Tobus...let the main stream media and democrats in government do your thinking for you...good luck with that.

Without insulting anyone or the president I would love for any one of you main stream media sheep to offer just one...just one...independent thought of your own on how to make things better...and you can pick any topic you like (Covid, the economy, race relations, etc.)...I'll wait...

16 hours ago, dman115 said:

Where DID you call them morons??  Here is a hint...you didn't because MSNBC or CNN hasn't told you to do so.  And I love it when it gets to the point when your debate or rebuttal has no substance so your go to is the "Trump lover" and "more loyalty to Trump than America" comments.  Did you miss the part of how ironic it is that you call other people "morons" and "stupid people"??  On to you calling me a Trump lover...if you knew how to actually comprehend things you would realize that I can't stand the guy really.  Just because I don't blame him for every bad thing that happens to anyone anywhere in the world, doesn't mean I remotely like the guy.  He is a loud mouth a%$-hole.  But I guess I come from the cut of cloth where the president still deserve respect for the position, and even if I dislike someone I can also acknowledge when they do something good....just as I have with every single president that was either republican or democrat.  In your tiny little mind you can't even begin to fathom what it is like for someone in the role of president and the type of decisions they need to make and the pressure they are under.  Instead you hind behind your keyboard as an anonymous poster and second guess everything everyone else does because some TV station or politician told you to do so.  But you go ahead and be you Tobus...let the main stream media and democrats in government do your thinking for you...good luck with that.

Without insulting anyone or the president I would love for any one of you main stream media sheep to offer just one...just one...independent thought of your own on how to make things better...and you can pick any topic you like (Covid, the economy, race relations, etc.)...I'll wait...ou

You really aren't very good at reading comprehension are you? 

On 8/18/2020 at 8:24 AM, dman115 said:

Without insulting anyone or the president I would love for any one of you main stream media sheep to offer just one...just one...independent thought of your own on how to make things better...and you can pick any topic you like (Covid, the economy, race relations, etc.)...I'll wait...

Can you provide examples of non-mainstream media that are acceptable for people to use as a resource to form an informed opinion?

On 8/18/2020 at 9:24 AM, dman115 said:

One word... Plastics.

See the source image

An accurate, readily available and reasonably priced (not free), over the counter covid test kit.

Edited by 1032004

2 hours ago, jchapman said:

Can you provide examples of non-mainstream media that are acceptable for people to use as a resource to form an informed opinion?

Well...it isn't so much about which site...most are slanted one way or the other...I could list a bunch that "feel" more "neutral" than others...it is more about people taking what they hear or read from mainstream media as gospel without looking at the opinions/accusations (most common thing nowadays unfortunately) more closely and go find the most information about it and make the decisions yourself.  For instance...you could read headlines and articles on CNN on how Trump propagated the conspiracy that Harris the VP candidate wasn't born in the US...but if you go and listen to what he actually said (funny they didn't provide a link to video of him answering the question when it was posed) he essentially indicated why would he say anything about it as he has no idea if it is true or isn't true, and that he was pretty sure the democrats would have investigated that before putting her up as the VP candidate.  So how in the heck is that propagating the conspiracy??  He pretty much said he isn't getting involved in that crap and that the democrats wouldn't have put her up as VP if there was any sort of truth to the conspiracy. 

Point being...look at ALL "news" programs and read ALL material/sites...take a look and be open to all the different opinions/information/slant...than go find what actually happened by using the google machine and then make your own darn opinion.

58 minutes ago, dman115 said:

For instance...you could read headlines and articles on CNN on how Trump propagated the conspiracy that Harris the VP candidate wasn't born in the US...but if you go and listen to what he actually said (funny they didn't provide a link to video of him answering the question when it was posed) he essentially indicated why would he say anything about it as he has no idea if it is true or isn't true, and that he was pretty sure the democrats would have investigated that before putting her up as the VP candidate.  So how in the heck is that propagating the conspiracy??  

What he actually said was  "I heard it today that she doesn’t meet the requirements.  I have no idea if that’s right.  I would have thought, I would have assumed, that the Democrats would have checked that out before she gets chosen to run for vice president.”  So strictly speaking he didn't say that she wasn't eligible, he just didn't say that she was and that the issue was in doubt.  As a child of an immigrant himself, maybe he doesn't meet the requirements but I have no idea if that's right. 

He'd be a whole lot more believable if he hadn't spent years touting the belief that his predecessor hadn't been born in the United States.  I guess we're still waiting to see the very interesting things that the team of investigators that he sent to Hawaii found.

Edited by jdalu75

56 minutes ago, jdalu75 said:

What he actually said was  "I heard it today that she doesn’t meet the requirements.  I have no idea if that’s right.  I would have thought, I would have assumed, that the Democrats would have checked that out before she gets chosen to run for vice president.”  So strictly speaking he didn't say that she wasn't eligible, he just didn't say that she was and that the issue was in doubt.  As a child of an immigrant himself, maybe he doesn't meet the requirements but I have no idea if that's right. 

He'd be a whole lot more believable if he hadn't spent years touting the belief that his predecessor hadn't been born in the United States.  I guess we're still waiting to see the very interesting things that the team of investigators that he sent to Hawaii found.

I am sorry...but how did you get out of what he said that he believes the issue of her eligibility was in doubt??  And I am sorry...you don't believe him...what don't you belive him about in this case??  So confused.

Funny how two people can hear the exact same thing out of a person's mouth and take away 2 different meanings of what they said.  And again before all the people with trumpderangement syndrome get worked up...I don't like the guy...and a lot of what comes out of his mouth is cringe worthy.

But...and a big BUT...the point is how does a main stream media outlet post a headline that is CLEARLY misleading...AGAIN??  I know they all do it but seriously.  And you all know there are quite a few people who just take what the media outlets say as gospel! 

Reminds me of the news outlet in California where I emailed their editor as they posted a story titled...and this may not be exact, but..."College Wrestlers Beat a Man To Death"...but when the ACTAUL story comes out the wrestlers didn't even do anything to the man really other than avoid his drunken punches and then move him out of the drive through lane when he fell and knocked himself out.  The man later died because his air way got blocked because of the way he ended up slouched/laying or something.  You should have seen the response when I asked if they were going to go back and correct their article...that was a big N...O!!!  What a joke!

Edited by dman115

29 minutes ago, dman115 said:

I am sorry...but how did you get out of what he said that he believes the issue of her eligibility was in doubt?? 

Because he said so?  "I heard it today that she doesn’t meet the requirements.  I have no idea if that’s right."

Maybe if the guy would answer a yes/no question with a simple yes or no, there'd be no problem; it would probably take one of his staffers all of 30 seconds to verify the facts.  But since I believe his purpose is to sow doubt in the minds of his base, I believe that he intentionally didn't answer the question directly.

And yes, there should be a special torment awaiting headline writers, who it seems often don't read the stories for which they craft headlines.

23 minutes ago, jdalu75 said:

Because he said so?  "I heard it today that she doesn’t meet the requirements.  I have no idea if that’s right."

Maybe if the guy would answer a yes/no question with a simple yes or no, there'd be no problem; it would probably take one of his staffers all of 30 seconds to verify the facts.  But since I believe his purpose is to sow doubt in the minds of his base, I believe that he intentionally didn't answer the question directly.

And yes, there should be a special torment awaiting headline writers, who it seems often don't read the stories for which they craft headlines.

I'm actually not disagreeing with you, but we both probably won't be alive when politicians start answering questions with yes or no, or in a straight forward manner.  Ha!  And I can see how you would interpret it as he intentionally didn't answer the questions in order to cause doubt...I just don't think he is that smart to do that...I took it more of an attitude like why in the heck are you asking me such a stupid question, and you should be asking the democrats that question if you are so stupid to think that they would put forth a VP candidate that wasn't eligible.  But again, for people like you jdalu75 (not criticizing you) that HATE Trump, the guy literally could cure cancer and you all would find something to criticize him about...and yes I know that both sides do it...I just have never see anything like it with Trump.

33 minutes ago, dman115 said:

I'm actually not disagreeing with you, but we both probably won't be alive when politicians start answering questions with yes or no, or in a straight forward manner.  Ha!  And I can see how you would interpret it as he intentionally didn't answer the questions in order to cause doubt...I just don't think he is that smart to do that...I took it more of an attitude like why in the heck are you asking me such a stupid question, and you should be asking the democrats that question if you are so stupid to think that they would put forth a VP candidate that wasn't eligible.  But again, for people like you jdalu75 (not criticizing you) that HATE Trump, the guy literally could cure cancer and you all would find something to criticize him about...and yes I know that both sides do it...I just have never see anything like it with Trump.

Did you follow politics during the Obama administration?

2 minutes ago, jchapman said:

Absolutely!  I know the "other side" criticized him for pretty much everything, but my point is that there weren't multiple news channel outlets that spent pretty much 100% of their time bashing the president.  Nor people absolutely loosing their freaking mind because of a hat or a flag, and will literally make up total lies to try and remove the dumb a from office.  Again...there has NEVER been anything like this in terms of the negative attacks on the president by main stream media, other side of the aisle politicians, or a portion of the general public.  Just so sick of the 2 party system.

5 minutes ago, jchapman said:

In my opinion this trend really got going in the Bush/Gore election...with the seed being the Clinton/Monica situation. I feel like that is when parties’ (both) really started shifting much more of their focus to why you shouldn’t vote for “the other guy” as opposed to why you should vote for me. It’s been a steady progression through the years (jeez, now decades) from there. Coinciding with the progression of social media, and the vast majority of the population having an international platform to all feed off each other....and this is where we are. We have more resources and access to factual knowledge than ever before, increasingly each day, but we use very little of it for that purpose. The optics of being right is more important than actually being right. 

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

In my opinion this trend really got going in the Bush/Gore election...with the seed being the Clinton/Monica situation. I feel like that is when parties’ (both) really started shifting much more of their focus to why you shouldn’t vote for “the other guy” as opposed to why you should vote for me. It’s been a steady progression through the years (jeez, now decades) from there. Coinciding with the progression of social media, and the vast majority of the population having an international platform to all feed off each other....and this is where we are. We have more resources and access to factual knowledge than ever before, increasingly each day, but we use very little of it for that purpose. The optics of being right is more important than actually being right. 

Agreed!

1 hour ago, jdalu75 said:

The real idiot in this exchange was the reporter who asked the question, not Trump.

Reporter: "There are claims circulating on social media that Kamala Harris is not eligible to run for vice president because she was an anchor baby, I quote. Do you, or can you definitively say whether or not Kamala Harris is eligible, meets the legal requirements to run as vice president?"

While Trump did not cover himself in glory with his response, in this case the issue was a reporter trying to make a public statement by asking a moronic question. Does she really think that the right way to get to the truth of the claim is to ask Donald Trump? How about doing some research on the topic? How about even framing the question correctly? How about not saying "and I quote" when you are not quoting? This was so cynical a question that it is almost impossible to answer it correctly. And of course, if a clip drops the question and just plays the answer, then the reporter has perfectly achieved her goal.

4 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

The real idiot in this exchange was the reporter who asked the question, not Trump.

Reporter: "There are claims circulating on social media that Kamala Harris is not eligible to run for vice president because she was an anchor baby, I quote. Do you, or can you definitively say whether or not Kamala Harris is eligible, meets the legal requirements to run as vice president?"

While Trump did not cover himself in glory with his response, in this case the issue was a reporter trying to make a public statement by asking a moronic question. Does she really think that the right way to get to the truth of the claim is to ask Donald Trump? How about doing some research on the topic? How about even framing the question correctly? How about not saying "and I quote" when you are not quoting? This was so cynical a question that it is almost impossible to answer it correctly. And of course, if a clip drops the question and just plays the answer, then the reporter has perfectly achieved her goal.

The correct answer would have been “I have no reason to believe she is not qualified.”  Instead, he deliberately sows doubt.  That’s been his modus operandi forever.  To believe otherwise is to be disingenuous or obtuse.

21 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I got really disillusioned when the Supreme Court stepped in and decided the election.  The next one for me was the “swift boating” of Lt. Kerry, Silver Star recipient.