IronChef

NCAA Championship bubble

28 minutes ago, dman115 said:

Absolutely!  I know the "other side" criticized him for pretty much everything, but my point is that there weren't multiple news channel outlets that spent pretty much 100% of their time bashing the president.  Nor people absolutely loosing their freaking mind because of a hat or a flag, and will literally make up total lies to try and remove the dumb a from office.  Again...there has NEVER been anything like this in terms of the negative attacks on the president by main stream media, other side of the aisle politicians, or a portion of the general public.  Just so sick of the 2 party system.

https://www.mediamatters.org/sean-hannity/flashback-how-fox-news-promoted-trumps-birtherism

4 hours ago, dman115 said:

for people like you jdalu75 (not criticizing you) that HATE Trump, the guy literally could cure cancer and you all would find something to criticize him about...and yes I know that both sides do it...I just have never see anything like it with Trump.

Since there's never any possibility that Trump will cure anything, that's completely hypothetical.  Did you see the Senate Intelligence Committee's final report, btw?  You never saw anything like that before Trump either.

Re criticism:  Lyndon Johnson once complained that if he left the Oval Office, walked down to the Potomac, and walked across the river surface to Virginia, the headlines the next day would read "Johnson Can't Swim!"  There's nothing new about the press ripping into the President.  John Adams signed the Sedition Acts into law in an attempt to shut up the press.  Thomas Jefferson signed the repeal, then regretted doing so.  This is why someone with the world's thinnest skin shouldn't seek that office.

Johnson was another liar, though not on a scale with Trump; but he never discussed delaying the 1968 election so that he could remain in office.  If Adams had been able to delay the election of 1800 three months he might have been a two-term President.  Only Trump.

I got really disillusioned when the Supreme Court stepped in and decided the election.  The next one for me was the “swift boating” of Lt. Kerry, Silver Star recipient.

Silver Star, BSM-V, 3x PH.

Only one of the 200 members of SVFT served with Kerry. All the rest of those ****bags had no clue about his service, conduct or the actions for which he was awarded the SS or BSM-V.

John Kerry was born with a silver spoon, but he earned those decorations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Le duke said:

Only one of the 200 members of SVFT served with Kerry. All the rest of those ****bags had no clue about his service, conduct or the actions for which he was awarded the SS or BSM-V.

SVFT never cared about his service, only his politics.  I gave up on CNN when Wolf Blitzer "interviewed" the leader of the group.  Wolf kept bringing up the citations for Kerry's medals and the guy kept repeating "It didn't happen that way" without explaining how it did happen.  At some point the interviewer needs to cut him off and say "You're a liar, sir, and I'm not giving you any more air time to spread your lies."

I remember the Vietnam era and I also remember many of the older veterans complaining that the war protesters needed to shut up until they'd done something.  Kerry served on a frigate before requesting duty on the swift boats.  He went, he served with distinction, so by the terms set down by the WWII/Korea generation he earned the right to protest the war.

On 8/20/2020 at 4:51 AM, Le duke said:

Silver Star, BSM-V, 3x PH.

John Kerry was born with a silver spoon, but he earned those decorations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The things that were most annoying about Kerry getting swiftboated: The guy doing the swiftboating, Bush Jr, dodged the draft by joining the "Texas Air National Guard" and then failed to complete his full term in the TAG, transferring the to Alabama Air National Guard and simply not bothering to show up. Somehow he didn't get persecuted for going AWOL. Second most annoying was John McCain saying of Bush and Kerry "they BOTH served honorably". No, they didn't. Kerry served honorably, Bush Jr didn't serve at all.

2 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

The things that were most annoying about Kerry getting swiftboated: The guy doing the swiftboating, Bush Jr, dodged the draft by joining the "Texas Air National Guard" and then failed to complete his full term in the TAG, transferring the to Alabama Air National Guard and simply not bothering to show up. Somehow he didn't get persecuted for going AWOL. Second most annoying was John McCain saying of Bush and Kerry "they BOTH served honorably". No, they didn't. Kerry served honorably, Bush Jr didn't serve at all.

Come on now, protecting Texas from the Viet Cong Air Force was very honorable!

14 minutes ago, jchapman said:

Come on now, protecting Texas from the Viet Cong Air Force was very honorable!

It was a big deal among the "children of privilege" during Vietnam. Lots of sons of Texas politicians, like George Bush Jr, got preferential treatment and then didn't even bother to show up. Remember Dan Quayle "served" in the Indiana Air National Guard during Vietnam as well. Tons of others. Some draft dodgers bribed doctors to say they had "bone spurs", some had boils on their butt (Limbaugh), and some literally **** their pants to make the military think they were too crazy to be drafted (Terd Nugent, for example).  Anybody else here detecting a pattern?

My Pops has the "boogie bug".  73 years old, diabetes, major heart attack five years ago, poor circulation.  Over the years he was also a major...contributor...in USA Wrestling.  Writing this only for the sake of If you are a prayer kind of person, please throw one up.  

Edited by Lurker

32 minutes ago, Lurker said:

My Pops has the "boogie bug".  73 years old, diabetes, major heart attack five years ago, poor circulation.  Over the years he was also a major...contributor...in USA Wrestling.  Writing this only for the sake of If you are a prayer kind of person, please throw one up.  

Prayer accomplishes exactly nothing, but I'll offer my best wishes for his speedy recovery. Hope he doesn't catch CV19, sounds like he's got all the major risk factors (except smoking, which you probably forgot to mention!).

12 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

Prayer accomplishes exactly nothing, but I'll offer my best wishes for his speedy recovery. Hope he doesn't catch CV19, sounds like he's got all the major risk factors (except smoking, which you probably forgot to mention!).

Not really looking for a debate....some people believe in the power of prayer, some don't. And I respect your opinion but really not looking for a debate on mine. (Hence "if you're a prayer kind of person")  I didn't mention smoking not because I forgot, but because he's never smoked a day in his life.

Yes its covid.  Please understand the concept of "time and place".  Thank you.

Edited by Lurker

19 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Not really looking for a debate....some people believe in the power of prayer, some don't. And I respect your opinion but really not looking for a debate on mine. (Hence "if you're a prayer kind of person")  I didn't mention smoking not because I forgot, but because he's never smoked a day in his life.

Prayers for your dad Lurker - I believe in them - difficult situation to be in. Keep us updated. 

21 minutes ago, Lurker said:

That was a deduction on my part, most heart attacks are caused by smoking. Not everybody fits the same broad brush, sometimes.

20 hours ago, Lurker said:

Thoughts and prayers to your dad and your family!

Completely mind boggling that people can't even just send kind words without caveats to someone because of the freaking word "prayer".  Man...get over yourselves.  Is it that hard to just say "good luck", "wish you well" if you don't believe in prayer??  Nope...have to interject your dumb a%^ opinions into everything.  True definition of a weak minded internet forum sleuth.

1 hour ago, dman115 said:

Completely mind boggling that people can't even just send kind words without caveats to someone because of the freaking word "prayer".  Man...get over yourselves.  Is it that hard to just say "good luck", "wish you well" if you don't believe in prayer??  Nope...have to interject your dumb a%^ opinions into everything.  True definition of a weak minded internet forum sleuth.

LOL...look at the Trumpanzee calling somebody else "weak-minded" :D You snowflakes are so easily triggered, aren't you?

Edited by TobusRex