gowrestle

What NCAA thinks of wrestling!

The NCAA president Emmett was discussing the tragedy of eliminating last year’s championships.  Here was his comment:

“We have to give highest priority to the winter and spring sports because they lost their championship last March,” Emmert said. “We made that horrible, awful, but necessary choice to shut down. Didn’t have Frozen Four. Didn’t have Final Four. Didn’t have World Series in softball and baseball. Track championships. Lacrosse. We lost all of that.”

He made no mention of WRESTLING!

I for one expect him to mention every single individual wrestler that lost their chances to compete at NCAA's last year, their accolades, their favorite color, and a brief synopsis of their wrestling career from youth through college in order to be satisfied that he is respecting our sport!

Edited by JBluegill133

1 hour ago, KCMO2 said:

There were 11 other distinct winter and spring championships which he did not mention directly.  You're trying to make something out of nothing.

I posted verbatim his words. People will make their own interpretation. For the record,  WRESTLING was not mentioned. 

1 hour ago, JBluegill133 said:

I for one expect him to mention every single individual wrestler that lost their chances to compete at NCAA's last year, their accolades, their favorite color, and a brief synopsis of their wrestling career from youth through college in order to be satisfied that he is respecting our sport!

That would be a great idea. However, I would settle for only mentioning WRESTLING. 

2 hours ago, gowrestle said:

I posted verbatim his words. People will make their own interpretation. For the record,  WRESTLING was not mentioned. 

It's a winter sport right?  

I for one take that comment as a good thing...

6 hours ago, gowrestle said:

The NCAA president Emmett was discussing the tragedy of eliminating last year’s championships.  Here was his comment:

We have to give highest priority to the winter and spring sports because they lost their championship last March,” Emmert said. “We made that horrible, awful, but necessary choice to shut down. Didn’t have Frozen Four. Didn’t have Final Four. Didn’t have World Series in softball and baseball. Track championships. Lacrosse. We lost all of that.”

He was speaking in code. And the G was silent. Probably why you missed it.

3 hours ago, gowrestle said:

I never questioned whether it was a direct quote or not.  For the record though, it sounds like you're going to get your panties in a wad unless he calls out all 20 specific sports by name.

7 hours ago, gowrestle said:

“We have to give highest priority to the winter and spring sports because they lost their championship last March,” Emmert said. “We made that horrible, awful, but necessary choice to shut down. Didn’t have Frozen Four. Didn’t have Final Four. Didn’t have World Series in softball and baseball. Track championships. Lacrosse. We lost all of that.”

Or March Matness!!!

14 hours ago, lu_alum said:

Our championship needs a catchy name - something other than "Nationals" or "NCAAs".  Frozen Four, Final Four, and World Series are definitive monikers for their respective sports.

I for one absolutely hate when people say, March....Matness.  That's the worst.

On 8/14/2020 at 10:24 PM, lu_alum said:

Our championship needs a catchy name - something other than "Nationals" or "NCAAs".  Frozen Four, Final Four, and World Series are definitive monikers for their respective sports.

Bonebreaker Nationals?

On 8/15/2020 at 8:34 AM, JBluegill133 said:

I for one absolutely hate when people say, March....Matness.  That's the worst.

I use it when sitting between sessions at NCAA's and people are watching "March Madness" on TV...just using as a takeoff, because I'd rather see some of the "session" on at least of couple of the big screens.....I see your point of view though....it's not something I use frequently.