Sign in to follow this  
FinalThoughts

Logan Paul brings wrestling to the attention of million of viewers

Logan Paul is one of the most popular youtube and social media influencer's on the internet. He has recently been offering a challenge to wrestle and defeat any influencer in a collegiate wrestling match. He has put up a reward of $10,000 to any influencer who can successfully defeat him in a wrestling match. On his most recent podcast (Impaulsive) with two other huge social media influencer The Dolan Twins, he found a potential match. Logan Paul wrestled in high school and was 5th in the Ohio State Championship's his senior year, Meanwhile the Dolan brother said he had 11 years experience in wrestling. This podcast will easily reach over a million views on youtube in a week. I believe this is bringing a lot of attention to the sport of wrestling and will put a ton of new eyes n the sport. 

Is this good or bad for the sport of wrestling?

Personally, i think this is amazing for the sport and exactly what we need. Wrestling has struggled with becoming cool in popular culture. This alone will bring the sport of wrestling to the attention of younger generations at a level greater than anything else we have seen before. For this reason i believe we need to support these type of matches and as a community show our support. I commented my support in the comment section and mentioned the problem we're facing in the NCAA with wrestling being dropped from many D! programs and proposed that the money be donated to any program that can help with supporting the future of D1 wrestling. I insist you do the same. Like i said this will bring wrestling to the attention of million viewers who might not have known what wrestling was and this alone will generate enough buzz to encourage many kids to try out for wrestling. I'll link the video to the podcast, They start talking about wrestling at the end of the video around the 1:05:12 mark. 

The dude had a heck of a social media reach and makes tons of money from his following. But man it’s hard for me to get past the fact that all I ever hear or see is either him or his brother doing something moronic.  Sure something wrestling related will go out to a ton of social media people.  And I’d love some of their stream be dedicated to talking about HS/college wrestling programs and even have some of the proceeds go to help the sport.   But based on how he presents some of the other content I’ve seen I don’t know if it really going to be something that inspires many new to try wrestling.   

Edited by MadMardigain