The Fix/Suriano Stalemate Call

1 hour ago, scsu136 said:

I thought something similar happened in Matt Valenti’s final versus Coleman Scott, with Scott having both boots in, if my memory serves me correctly. Not in rideout though.

Interesting, can't seem to find video.

Here's an interesting one I came across by googling.   It's just a random HS match in VA or something but somewhat similar situation.

Top wrestler has 1-0 lead at the beginning of the 3rd period.

Keeps putting in double boots and 3 stalemates get called in the first 1:40.   The first 2 the bottom wrestler was flat, but not the 3rd one.

After the 3rd stalemate, there is a restart with 21 seconds remaining, then with 5 seconds to go top gets hit with a stall warning.  (And I think the only plausible argument against the stalemate in the Suriano/Fix match is that it should have been stalling instead, which still would have resulted in a restart)

Not relevant to this thread but then top gets hit with a caution which I'm not sure I would've called, then bottom escapes within the final 5 seconds for the win.

Edited by 1032004

18 hours ago, scsu136 said:

I thought something similar happened in Matt Valenti’s final versus Coleman Scott, with Scott having both boots in, if my memory serves me correctly. Not in rideout though.

I saw Valenti stall his way to 2 NCAA titles. Well, it's certainly debatable, but he stalled a good deal in both matches.

Edited by TobusRex