Cael trolling FloKaren - NLWC event 9/19?

In trying to keep today’s events on YouTube relevant to this board, one comment that got a little buried was the allegation that “Penn State” is working on a live event that will be streamed on Rokfin.

Didn’t take long for Cael to seemingly confirm it (without implicating anything Karen can use in court of course in typical savage Cael fashion).  Seems pretty obvious that Martin likely knew about it, so hopefully it happens.  But he basically stated it was false because FloKaren claimed “Penn State” was putting it on when in reality it must be NLWC (which her PowerPoint assistant probably told her about later when she rephrased it).

Granted, it was among a multitude of things Karen didn’t seem to understand (fantasy sports, Twitter, email, calendars, who Cael Sanderson is, where the term “Big Board” originated, among other things), but I think a lawyer not understanding the difference further highlights the gray area between RTC’s and universities.

Oh yea, and FloSports is incredibly petty, which it seems Judge Livingston may agree with.

Edited by 1032004

24 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Wait, what happened? This post is very opaque.

Flo's lawyer accused Martin of having knowledge of "Penn State" (AKA NLWC) working on a live event that will be broadcast on Rokfin, asking if he had talked to "Kyle" Sanderson about it.

Martin denied knowledge, but I think most seem to think Cael's tweet is confirming it.

2 hours ago, VakAttack said:

And this happened on Youtube somewhere?  I'm sorry, I was offline for most of the past couple of weeks.

Hearings from the court have been conducted via video conference rather than in the courthouse and have been broadcast on youtube for the public to see live.

Does anyone know if any journalists are coving this saga?  I have only been able to get bits and pieces and would like to read some more detailed accounts of everything.

6 minutes ago, Pinnum said:

Hearings from the court have been conducted via video conference rather than in the courthouse and have been broadcast on youtube for the public to see live.

Does anyone know if any journalists are coving this saga?  I have only been able to get bits and pieces and would like to read some more detailed accounts of everything.

I live-tweeted the hearing yesterday, but unfortunately, trying to make sense of it basically comes down to them arguing over what the definition of "is" is.

2 hours ago, VakAttack said:

And this happened on Youtube somewhere?  I'm sorry, I was offline for most of the past couple of weeks.

Paraphrasing here but yes Flo is suing Willie for breaching his non-compete and Rokfin for I guess encouraging him to do it.   Willie had previously got a (1 year?) temporary injunction placed on him where basically the only things he was allowed to do were rankings and "editorial content about future wrestling events."   There were 2 "emergency" hearings because Flo claims he violated the injunction by using the terms "Big Board," "Greatest Mind (or Brain emoji) in Wrestling," "match notes," and writing about recruting and fantasy wrestling as well as leaving up a few videos he had posted prior to the injunction, and that he conspired with people to bring down Flo and accused him of running the FloLegal parody twitter account.

The hearings were live on youtube, but then taken down shortly after.  Recordings here (not by me):

Day 1: 

Day 2 (no video):

Pretty good recaps here:

Edited by 1032004

FloKaren's suspicion confirmed:

https://www.nittanylionwrestlingclub.com/news/nlwc-set-to-host-freestyle-event-live-on-rokfin-september-19

Nickal vs. Ringer

Snyder vs. Machiavello

Nolf vs. McFadden

Zain vs. Pantaleo

Gilman vs. Cruz 

Kerk vs. Hemida

Nick Nevills vs. Jordan Wood

Jennifer Page vs. Desiree Zavala

Jane Valencia vs. Lauren Louive

Cenzo, Abdurakhmonov, Malik Amine, Abounader opponents TBD

Edited by 1032004

Looks like a great event. Hopefully, it goes off without a hitch in these uncertain times.

It being held on Rokfin is very interesting. It really seems like Flo has tarnished their reputation over the last several months. It's been interesting to see some big names in the community make their feelings known online and I suspect there are plenty more who agree, but don't say so publicly.

This lawsuit is such a boneheaded endeavor. Nothing Willie did could even compare to the reputational damage they are doing to themselves. I also saw on twitter that they (CP according to the gossip) forced Joe Kania out as well and he confirmed that he has a 1 year non compete. When your whole business model depends on access, either directly to athletes or to events to stream, you think they wouldn't be going out of their way to alienate as many people as they are. 

1 hour ago, uncle bernard said:

Looks like a great event. Hopefully, it goes off without a hitch in these uncertain times.

It being held on Rokfin is very interesting. It really seems like Flo has tarnished their reputation over the last several months. It's been interesting to see some big names in the community make their feelings known online and I suspect there are plenty more who agree, but don't say so publicly.

This lawsuit is such a boneheaded endeavor. Nothing Willie did could even compare to the reputational damage they are doing to themselves. I also saw on twitter that they (CP according to the gossip) forced Joe Kania out as well and he confirmed that he has a 1 year non compete. When your whole business model depends on access, either directly to athletes or to events to stream, you think they wouldn't be going out of their way to alienate as many people as they are. 

Yeah the 1 year non compete is interesting.   I'm sure most if not all of the personalities don't like what's going on but now they know they don't really have many options if they leave, plus of course they also risk being sued if they do...

22 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Yeah the 1 year non compete is interesting.   I'm sure most if not all of the personalities don't like what's going on but now they know they don't really have many options if they leave, plus of course they also risk being sued if they do...

You know I would have 100% agreed with you, but I've seen some weird rumors online, specifically with the latest departure that have me unsure. It seems like there are some personal grievances at play. I hope not. I've always said that despite their shortcomings in certain areas, flo has made following the sport much easier in the last 10 years. I hope they don't unravel.

1 hour ago, uncle bernard said:

The one-year non-compete seems awfully bizarre if they forced Joe out, unless Joe was given a severance package.

I didn’t listen to this entire thing but I listened to enough to add some commentary. First of all is this how bad lawyers really are?  Is Flo actually paying that group of lawyers?  And the judge...one lawyer doesn’t want to ask a question because she’s afraid the judge will “hurt her.”  She literally says that to her. Judge says I would never hurt you. Uh huh. And then when the other lawyer says to himself the hell with this I’m going to ask a question, the judge sighs and moans. Isn’t that her freaking job?  I get that she hears a lot of cases and meaningless BS from sorry ass lawyers but if that’s appropriate judicial behavior we are in a sad state my friends.  Wow.  And when it comes to talking tech, lawyers and politicians frequently look clueless and end up hurting their cause because they don’t understand how it functions. They get the old..what are you even talking about response which is never ever good for their client.  

35 minutes ago, AnklePicker said:

I didn’t listen to this entire thing but I listened to enough to add some commentary. First of all is this how bad lawyers really are?  Is Flo actually paying that group of lawyers?  And the judge...one lawyer doesn’t want to ask a question because she’s afraid the judge will “hurt her.”  She literally says that to her. Judge says I would never hurt you. Uh huh. And then when the other lawyer says to himself the hell with this I’m going to ask a question, the judge sighs and moans. Isn’t that her freaking job?  I get that she hears a lot of cases and meaningless BS from sorry ass lawyers but if that’s appropriate judicial behavior we are in a sad state my friends.  Wow.  And when it comes to talking tech, lawyers and politicians frequently look clueless and end up hurting their cause because they don’t understand how it functions. They get the old..what are you even talking about response which is never ever good for their client.  

I am way more empathetic to the judge than you. In spite of her repeated reminders to the lawyers that they were there only to address the specific charges that her previous order had been violated and not to have a trial, the lawyers kept trying to have a trial. And Willie's lawyer regularly prefacing her comments with "you will hurt me" or "you wont like this" is on the lawyer, not the judge. She thought she was being funny. Nope. Just annoying. 

6 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I am way more empathetic to the judge than you. In spite of her repeated reminders to the lawyers that they were there only to address the specific charges that her previous order had been violated and not to have a trial, the lawyers kept trying to have a trial. And Willie's lawyer regularly prefacing her comments with "you will hurt me" or "you wont like this" is on the lawyer, not the judge. She thought she was being funny. Nope. Just annoying. 

Uhhh...Willie's lawyer was a guy. Mrs. Dickie (the only competent lawyer of the ones actually representing named parties, IMO) was Rokfin's lawyer.

1 hour ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Sorry but even an incompetent lawyer shouldn’t feel that a judge will hurt her if she asks a question. What the heck does “hurt her even mean?”  She didn’t preface her comment, that was her comment. 

2 hours ago, AnklePicker said:

To be fair to the guy who said “to hell with this I’m going to ask a question” (Martin’s personal lawyer), he basically sat around for 8 hours so that he could talk for 5 minutes about how Mark told Martin he could have his 12 year old Flo emails which he kept in a separate account from his Rokfin emails.

I am not a lawyer (or judge) but I thought the judge was very competent and kept her cool despite the actions of the attorneys (mostly Karen).   She didn’t even flinch when Karen said the trial should be taken down from YouTube because people were making memes of the judge (but mostly Karen).

I thought Willie’s lawyer (Carlos) did a decent job last week, but he did seem a bit unprepared this week.  The Rokfin lawyer (Martha) seemed to know about law, just not how to work zoom meetings.   The only reason she was afraid the judge would hurt her (which she said jokingly), was because the judge was understandably annoyed with the same questions being asked over and over again (mostly by Karen).

Edited by 1032004

The judge ends with...well I didn’t think I’d have this trial but unfortunately I do and then later the lawyer says we know we know you just want to get rid of us.  She may be competent but she definitely does not enjoy her job.