Cael trolling FloKaren - NLWC event 9/19?

17 minutes ago, LJB said:

i can't believe anyone would waste their time following this, but, i only have one real comment based on just this thread alone...

these lawyers and the judge whine at least as much as this BBS... they are perfect for a FLO "trial"...

Said the guy wasting his time following this.

19 minutes ago, LJB said:

i can't believe anyone would waste their time following this, but, i only have one real comment based on just this thread alone...

these lawyers and the judge whine at least as much as this BBS... they are perfect for a FLO "trial"...

I'm too cool for this party but I came but I'm not really here.

stop posturing for 3 seconds

1 minute ago, LJB said:

legit chuckling...

you poor bastards are nothing if not consistent...

YOU GET A GOLD STAR!!!

YOU GET A GOLD STAR!!!

YOU GET A GOLD STAR!!!

And you want to lecture us about how much you hate lectures, preach to us about your disdane for preachers, and orate about your disgust with orators. 

1 minute ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

And you want to lecture us about how much you hate lectures, preach to us about your disdane for preachers, and orate about your disgust with orators. 

quite profound...

or did that come from the transcripts of this oh so compelling trial?

anyway...

i would suggest some salve for the redness...

or not...

8 hours ago, LJB said:

You have to admit, your own “Flo is the devil” sarcastic line is becoming more and more true by the day.   And it’s not just a few people on a message board whose opinion of Flo is souring, we’ve even started to see actual known wrestling people tweeting in support of Willie at minimum.

I think one could logically conclude that the NCAA GOAT (Cael) isn’t exactly pleased with Flo currently.   Flo’s lawyer didn’t even know his name, c’mon now.

For the record, I don’t think Pyles, etc. are “the devil.”  This is on Flo the corporation.  Spending over $1m apparently (per the video) to sue Willie and the CEO’s own brother, while at the same time getting criticized for stream issues and pay for women....not a good look.

So LJB, whatcha think about the 9/19 card?

I also don’t think Flo needs to be “taken down” like Karen alleges Willie is trying to do.

But competition is usually a good thing.

Part of what makes the NLWC/Rokfin development interesting to me is that while Martin said live events aren’t Rokfin’s thing, he basically gave the history of Flo and said something to the effect of “when we started doing events, we realized that’s where the money was.”

If that’s the case, it seems logical that he’d try to bring events to Rokfin as well.  Of course the caveat being that “Rokfin” isn’t actually the one putting on the event, NLWC is, so even if Karen tries to use this somehow in the case, Martin can always go back to his prior testimony of basically saying the “content creators” can pretty much post whatever they want.

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

You have to admit, your own “Flo is the devil” sarcastic line is becoming more and more true by the day.   And it’s not just a few people on a message board whose opinion of Flo is souring, we’ve even started to see actual known wrestling people tweeting in support of Willie at minimum.

I think one could logically conclude that the NCAA GOAT (Cael) isn’t exactly pleased with Flo currently.   Flo’s lawyer didn’t even know his name, c’mon now.

For the record, I don’t think Pyles, etc. are “the devil.”  This is on Flo the corporation.  Spending over $1m apparently (per the video) to sue Willie and the CEO’s own brother, while at the same time getting criticized for stream issues and pay for women....not a good look.

I think his point is, and I agree, that with all of the stuff to whine and complain about in the world and even in the wrestling world you whine about flo?  The company that has literally transformed our sport into something we can actually watch and see behind the scenes?  In my humble opinion flo has done more for the sport than just about anyone or anything in my lifetime.  I find the trial interesting but the whining about flo is lame. 

Cael and Penn State are certainly not fans of flo.  They were at one point but they have soured to it.  Their antics aren't exactly Cael's cup of tea.  

I'm not sure I understand this situation. So Willie signs a contract with a 1 year non-compete clause. He breaks it immediately after leaving. Then Flo sues him and they are the bad guys? He signed the contract. Willie needs to honor his contract. If I am wrong, feel free to correct me. Seems pretty clear to me. 

16 minutes ago, RealAmericanHero said:

Is there any truth or even actual evidence of this?

No hard evidence, but I found it revealing Flo put on a three part series about PSU’s dominance in the sport of wrestling over the past decade and they couldn’t procure one interview with Cael for this series.  

24 minutes ago, CoachWrestling said:

I'm not sure I understand this situation. So Willie signs a contract with a 1 year non-compete clause. He breaks it immediately after leaving. Then Flo sues him and they are the bad guys? He signed the contract. Willie needs to honor his contract. If I am wrong, feel free to correct me. Seems pretty clear to me. 

If you really think that it is that simple you probably should sit out this discussion -  it is over your head. If this case goes to completion I really doubt Flo would win, but the 1 year non compete period will expire soon so Flo's tactics have been effective at getting a temporary injuction for most of Willie's 1 year period. Rokfin also had to spend an impressive amount of money here on lawyers. BTW, this case isn't really about Willie. It is about Flo trying to hurt Rokfin. It is easy to see why - all of the key personnel who helped Flo to grow are gone and many of them are now at Rokfin.

Flo is in a difficult position now. Cael is helping their enemy out. What do the most spiteful minds in wrestling do now?

BTW, I probably just killed this thread. The mods seem to be deleting all threads that are negative on Flo - either out of fear or some other alliance.

1 hour ago, AnklePicker said:

I think his point is, and I agree, that with all of the stuff to whine and complain about in the world and even in the wrestling world you whine about flo?  The company that has literally transformed our sport into something we can actually watch and see behind the scenes?  In my humble opinion flo has done more for the sport than just about anyone or anything in my lifetime.  I find the trial interesting but the whining about flo is lame.   

In the world sure, but has there really been much else to whine and complain about in the wrestling world for the past 5 months?  I’d say the Iranian wrestler being sentenced to death but that news just broke like 2 days ago.

And in case you missed it, the guy that created the company is certainly not a fan of Flo right now.  They definitely have done a lot for the sport, no doubt.  The argument now is that they’ve apparently gotten too big for their own good, and seems like they will sue anyone that poses a competitive threat to them.

1 hour ago, RealAmericanHero said:

No hard evidence, but certainly some indications including the aforementioned PSU doc that he wasn’t even in, and the fact that his RTC will be streaming an event live on Rokfin, which was a subject in the hearing and Cael basically announced a mere hours later.  

1 hour ago, CoachWrestling said:

I’m no lawyer but as with all legal things the issue seems a bit complicated.  Based on what I’ve read, for one apparently non-competes in general are often hard to enforce.  This particular one may be harder than most given the small pool of possible employers in the wrestling world combined with the broad scope of them basically wanting it to cover the literal world.   Seems they also need to prove damages which based on Flo’s own numbers in the hearings the alleged subscribers that left Flo for Rokfin (prior to the NLWC announcement) may be in the tens at best.

One interesting thing is apparently his rankings were cited in the original complaint.   And yet when the judge issued the injunction, it specifically said he could do articles (about “future wrestling events”) and rankings.

I could maybe see people not wanting to call Flo the “bad guys” for the initial complaint, but IMO for them to file an “emergency motion” claiming he violated it because of a couple retweets and things that were posted prior to the injunction even happened is pretty ridiculous IMO.

Edited by 1032004

43 minutes ago, potdangerous said:

If you really think that it is that simple you probably should sit out this discussion -  it is over your head. If this case goes to completion I really doubt Flo would win, but the 1 year non compete period will expire soon so Flo's tactics have been effective at getting a temporary injuction for most of Willie's 1 year period. Rokfin also had to spend an impressive amount of money here on lawyers. BTW, this case isn't really about Willie. It is about Flo trying to hurt Rokfin. It is easy to see why - all of the key personnel who helped Flo to grow are gone and many of them are now at Rokfin.

Flo is in a difficult position now. Cael is helping their enemy out. What do the most spiteful minds in wrestling do now?

BTW, I probably just killed this thread. The mods seem to be deleting all threads that are negative on Flo - either out of fear or some other alliance.

Flo has a contract with USAW right for streaming OTT and such right?   Although I see USAW just hired its first ever General Counsel...maybe to either help get them out of that contract or protect them from the inevitable lawsuit if they go elsewhere

3 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Don't forget Martin is the single largest shareholder of.... FloSports! It is ironic to say the least.

2 hours ago, RealAmericanHero said:

100% Cael and Penn State are not Flo fans, check out the interviews with him or the staff of PSU and Flo people.

Lastly, the best part was Karen and her lack of email knowledge trying to someone make it seem bad that Martin could access both email accounts on the same computer. She is so dumb to think emails reside on the physical device and not "in the cloud."

6 minutes ago, BobDole said:

Lastly, the best part was Karen and her lack of email knowledge trying to someone make it seem bad that Martin could access both email accounts on the same computer. She is so dumb to think emails reside on the physical device and not "in the cloud."

Karen = Sly

3 hours ago, 1032004 said:

becoming more true by the day?

because of some lame lawyers cant get it together or because some lame posters can't get it together?

interesting take...

as far as wrestling on the 19th... more wrestling is generally a good thing...

i probably wont get to watch it because i don't subscribe to rofkin much like i didnt get to watch greco in a cage because i do not subscribe to fight pass...

i suppose i could whine about how bad rofkin and fight pass is for the sport of wrestling because they didn't give those events away for free...

how many years have we had to listen to that BS from lame "fans" who can't get it together?

but...

i digress...

31 minutes ago, LJB said:

becoming more true by the day?

because of some lame lawyers cant get it together or because some lame posters can't get it together?

interesting take...

as far as wrestling on the 19th... more wrestling is generally a good thing...

i probably wont get to watch it because i don't subscribe to rofkin much like i didnt get to watch greco in a cage because i do not subscribe to fight pass...

i suppose i could whine about how bad rofkin and fight pass is for the sport of wrestling because they didn't give those events away for free...

how many years have we had to listen to that BS from lame "fans" who can't get it together?

but...

i digress...

While I'm sure plenty of people did not purchase Sunday's Wrestling Underground event, I didn't see any complaints about the price.  Both UFC FightPass and Rokfin offer clearly labeled $9.99 monthly options, as opposed to FloWrestling's yearly $150 billing which they misleadingly advertise as "$12.50 per month."  

Edited by 1032004

Just now, 1032004 said:

While I'm sure plenty of people did not purchase Sunday's Wrestling Underground event, I didn't see any complaints about the price.  Both UFC FightPass and Rokfin offer clearly labeled $9.99 monthly options, as opposed to Flo's yearly $150 billing which they misleadingly advertise as "$12.50 per month."  

so salty about everything, yes?

enjoy your trial...

42 minutes ago, RealAmericanHero said:

OMG. Epic fail on my part. 

My mistake - 2:29.50 of the second YouTube link provided from page one. The judge asks for an objection from the group and one person doesn't answer. Glorious content.

That doesn’t even crack the top 10 for me. I’d go something like:

1.  Karen asking Willie if he runs the FloLegal parody twitter account and Willie’s response of “you should take a look at twitter and see what’s happening”

2. Karen making sure to clarify that some Flo guy was arrested for hitting his wife at home last year, not at a Flo party this year

3. Karen trying to get the livestream shut down because of internet trolls

4. Karen accusing Willie of crashing the 7/25 Flo stream because he tweeted a picture of a cord being cut

5. Martin’s eye rolling and gestures before he was called to testify and then his utter disdain once he got going

6. Karen not knowing how email works

7. Karen calling Cael “Kyle”

8. Karen asking Willie if he was going to take advice from twitter for the hearing

9. Willie being sure to say exactly how many twitter followers he has

10.  Judge Livingston basically telling them to settle this stupid case because the original order expires in like 2 months anyway 

Edited by 1032004