Cael trolling FloKaren - NLWC event 9/19?

15 hours ago, 1032004 said:

You mean is Rokfin suing right?  When Flo changed their logo last year is when IMO it did become pretty similar to Rokfin’s, which I noted in one of the threads about that - 

In that case yes....didn't realize Rokfin had it first.   Flo should never have veered from the logo they had. 

5 hours ago, Wrestlefan11 said:

I think the big question that needs to be asked is......if Rofkins stream stays up and does not crash, will they become the better place for wrestling events? 

If clubs start putting in technique, live events, and one hard question per interview....yes.

Uh oh, Cael already souring a bit on Rokfin?

Normally Cael is pretty spot on when he actually talks, but not sure I agree with him here.   All the creators including him/NLWC should know that’s how it works - once you subscribe to anyone you get access to everything, so this should be expected.  And I thought there was also a piece of the algorithm that has to do with people actually viewing your content?  Not sure though.

And frankly I’d argue he did something similar (which I have no problem with), unless the timing of the release of the NLWC Rokfin channel just so happened to coincide with the attention that Willie’s trial got...

Couldn't Cael just call Martin and have a convo with him?

Didn't take him to be one of those people who takes it to the Twitter.

I understand the advantages of it but I really loathe social media.

On to wrestling..

Didn't expect Durso to win via tech

Nice win for Abounader.

Pantaleo improving? Or is it a case of familiarity that he was able to keep it close? I hope it's the former and he adds more depth to 65kg.

Kerk now is very good. Can't wait to see what he looks like in another cycle.

3 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Uh oh, Cael already souring a bit on Rokfin?

Normally Cael is pretty spot on when he actually talks, but not sure I agree with him here.   All the creators including him/NLWC should know that’s how it works - once you subscribe to anyone you get access to everything, so this should be expected.  And I thought there was also a piece of the algorithm that has to do with people actually viewing your content?  Not sure though.

And frankly I’d argue he did something similar (which I have no problem with), unless the timing of the release of the NLWC Rokfin channel just so happened to coincide with the attention that Willie’s trial got...

Just a hunch, but when you do an event and lure subscribers you would have to think they would subscribe "under you" instead of others. Many people were promoting Rokfin and saying subscribe under us so you can watch NLWC. 

20 minutes ago, BobDole said:

Just a hunch, but when you do an event and lure subscribers you would have to think they would subscribe "under you" instead of others. Many people were promoting Rokfin and saying subscribe under us so you can watch NLWC. 

That’s how the platform works-nothing wrong with what they did. It’s basically a referral system. The person who refers you gets the bonus. Cael posted content but other users delivered paying customers via their social media accounts-they advertised the event and got the person to sign up under them. 

2 hours ago, Billyhoyle said:

Do we know if Cael is getting paid in real money or Rokfin coins?

We don't even know if he is getting paid. He refers to taking money from the athletes.

That said, my understanding is they get paid in crypto currency. Not sure if that is something established like bitcoin or if it is a token issued by Rokfin.

6 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

We don't even know if he is getting paid. He refers to taking money from the athletes.

That said, my understanding is they get paid in crypto currency. Not sure if that is something established like bitcoin or if it is a token issued by Rokfin.

Is this really true though? Has Willie not made any money other than in crypto for the past 9 months? Did Cael really just put on an event like this just for crypto? It’s not even Bitcoin-it’s rockfin token.  I find it hard to believe, but if true, then it doesn’t really matter who refers whom because getting that token isn’t going to work out.

Edited by Billyhoyle

17 minutes ago, Billyhoyle said:

Is this really true though? Has Willie not made any money other than in crypto for the past 9 months? Did Cael really just put on an event like this just for crypto? It’s not even Bitcoin-it’s not rockfin token.  I find it hard to believe, but if true, then it doesn’t really matter who refers whom because getting that token isn’t going to work out.

Content creators get paid in Recieve Access Ecosytem tokens, a token created by Martin Floriani. I just downloaded the white paper for the RAE token. I will report back. Last exchange rate I found for RAE was 0.77 USD and $44k had traded in last 24 hours. 24 hour price range was 0.62 to 0.88, which sounds like a whopping 42% bid/ask spread, or crazy volatility, or both. Hard to say without trade history. So imagine getting paid at a 0.88 exchange rate, but when you go to convert to dollars the same day you get 0.62. Poof, there goes 30% of your money.

1 hour ago, Billyhoyle said:

That’s how the platform works-nothing wrong with what they did. It’s basically a referral system. The person who refers you gets the bonus. Cael posted content but other users delivered paying customers via their social media accounts-they advertised the event and got the person to sign up under them. 

Exactly,  the whole “sign up under one person but get access to everyone” is basically their whole selling point to users.  Besides, why would an Iowa/tOSU/etc fan basically give money to NLWC if they didn’t have to? 

If nothing else I’d think Cael being a genius and all (seriously) would have predicted this.  I am curious what kind of breakdown he’s complaining about...was he expecting that entire increase to go towards NLWC?   I also don’t think it’s fair to assume that increase was solely due to the event, although I’m sure most of it was.  And of the people who signed up primarily due to this, I’d guess at least 50% (probably more) did in fact sign up under NLWC.

On 9/2/2020 at 10:45 AM, 1032004 said:

In the world sure, but has there really been much else to whine and complain about in the wrestling world for the past 5 months?  

But no, we are not a society of people just looking for something to whine about.

20 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Exactly,  the whole “sign up under one person but get access to everyone” is basically their whole selling point to users.  Besides, why would an Iowa/tOSU/etc fan basically give money to NLWC if they didn’t have to? 

If nothing else I’d think Cael being a genius and all (seriously) would have predicted this.  I am curious what kind of breakdown he’s complaining about...was he expecting that entire increase to go towards NLWC?   I also don’t think it’s fair to assume that increase was solely due to the event, although I’m sure most of it was.  And of the people who signed up primarily due to this, I’d guess at least 50% (probably more) did in fact sign up under NLWC.

Also, Even if they signed up due to the event, others were advertising it to get the referral. So there would  not have been as many subscribers if it were just NLWC who promoted it. Cael should consider using patreon if he wants dedicated subscribers.  

23 minutes ago, Lurker said:

But no, we are not a society of people just looking for something to whine about.

If you’re referring to the recent posts...it’s Cael that’s doing the complaining...

3 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

If you’re referring to the recent posts...it’s Cael that’s doing the complaining...

I was referring to the post I quoted, from 18 days ago.  Wasn't calling you out, just a general statement about our society today.

What is Cael complaining about?

Edited by Lurker

14 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Not even close

I was semi-joking, but I think that’s not far off of what Cael’s complaining about.  He’s mad that other people profited off of NLWC’s event.

The way Rokfin may deal with that kind of vulture advertising would be to forbid it in the TOS. Otherwise it is definitely the natural consequence of the buy-one-get-the-rest-free style referral system.

18 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I was semi-joking, but I think that’s not far off of what Cael’s complaining about.  He’s mad that other people profited off of NLWC’s event.

I would phrase it this way. Rokfin was created to right a wrong. Specifically, that content creators were not properly paid for their contribution to the network effect. Cael is arguing NLWC was not properly compensated for their contribution to the network effect. Given that the contribution calculation is based on a bunch of assumptions, it is really hard to know if Cael is right or if the Rokfin comp model is right.