Cael trolling FloKaren - NLWC event 9/19?

14 minutes ago, Lurker said:

My apologies. I must not have interpreted him incorrectly. 

611F5B14-98D0-4B45-A58B-4DD2A9159852.jpeg

Yeah that was immediately after the event, I assume before they had the numbers.   Did you miss him calling people "scummy"?  Seems like a complaint to me...

2 hours ago, ugarte said:

The way Rokfin may deal with that kind of vulture advertising would be to forbid it in the TOS. Otherwise it is definitely the natural consequence of the buy-one-get-the-rest-free style referral system.

I read their white paper and I think this is the way it works.

There are three parties. The network, the platforms and the content creators. Right now the network and the platform are essentially indistinguishable from each other. For now they are both effectively Rokfin.

All three parties get compensated for their contribution to the network via a token. There are unparameterized formulas in the white paper that define the division of value creation (by content creators and platforms) and work (by the network) leading to the distribution of tokens.

The platform can do what it will with its payments. And I think this is where Cael may take issue, rightly or wrongly. NLWC presumably gets paid as a content creator and also gets paid by the platform for driving subscriptions through their dedicated link. If others create another platform that consumes the same content then the content creator gets paid more and the other platform also gets paid. 

Rokfin allowing others to create links designed to drive subscriptions based on NLWC content is essentially the same as a new platform being created that benefits the network.

So it really comes down to what those unspecified parameters are. Cael clearly thinks the content creator parameter is too small and the platform parameter is too large. Though it is probable he doesn't think about it in those terms at all.

8 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Yeah that was immediately after the event, I assume before they had the numbers.   Did you miss him calling people "scummy"?  Seems like a complaint to me...

@1032004 okay I went back and looked through his tweets. Multiple praises to the athletes, and all the people who worked on the event in multiple tweets. In one he also brings up that content creators were promoting to have people sign up for content they didn’t create so they get paid for it, and replies to another person about it again, but in both saying it’ll get worked out. 

and that’s “Cael is the one complaining”. This is what I mean by having to have something to whine about. There’s a lot of positives in there, but you want to focus on where he’s advocating for the athletes and calling out people that are taking money out of their pockets for something they had nothing to do with, so you can say he’s the one complaining  

Nothing more for me to say here  Have a good day  

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

@1032004 okay I went back and looked through his tweets. Multiple praises to the athletes, and all the people who worked on the event in multiple tweets. In one he also brings up that content creators were promoting to have people sign up for content they didn’t create so they get paid for it, and replies to another person about it again, but in both saying it’ll get worked out. 

and that’s “Cael is the one complaining”. This is what I mean by having to have something to whine about. There’s a lot of positives in there, but you want to focus on where he’s advocating for the athletes and calling out people that are taking money out of their pockets for something they had nothing to do with, so you can say he’s the one complaining  

Nothing more for me to say here  Have a good day  

I didn’t say he was ONLY complaining.  I just said he was complaining, which he was.  I think he actually deleted the one where he called people scummy.  Then you had other people trying to suck up to him by naming all of the specific people (such as Tony Ramos) that were doing it which was kinda funny.    However most people that I saw doing it were being pretty transparent about it.  And again, it is simply a byproduct of how the site is built - should have been expected.

But Cael is a genius though.  Posting the potential for an October event so people don’t cancel right away.

With respect to Coach Sanderson, if he doesn't learn how to spread the wealth, literally, with the rest of the wrestling community, the only events he will be able to put on are NLWC intrasquad meets.  He might be fine with that, but we shouldn't be. Signing up through other content creators was a smart move and I hope a lot of people went that route.

7 hours ago, GoNotQuietly said:

With respect to Coach Sanderson, if he doesn't learn how to spread the wealth, literally, with the rest of the wrestling community, the only events he will be able to put on are NLWC intrasquad meets.  He might be fine with that, but we shouldn't be. Signing up through other content creators was a smart move and I hope a lot of people went that route.

Maybe the most common misconception on this forum is how cutthroat these coaches, and particularly cael, are.

On 9/21/2020 at 8:44 PM, hammerlockthree said:

Maybe the most common misconception on this forum is how cutthroat these coaches, and particularly cael, are.

Isn't Carl a b10 coach?  Didn't the b10 say no fall sports, well now maybe late Oct but it ain't yet Oct?  Surely they aren't allowing these wrestlers to interact with Penn St wrestlers?  Isn't there still a coronavirus thing going on?  And surely Carl isn't mixing funds between these activities or is he simply paying Penn St wrestlers with Rokfin tokens?  Perhaps Carl has resigned his b10/PSU position?  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 hours ago, ionel said:

Isn't Carl a b10 coach?  Didn't the b10 say no fall sports, well now maybe late Oct but it ain't yet Oct?  Surely they aren't allowing these wrestlers to interact with Penn St wrestlers?  Isn't there still a coronavirus thing going on?  And surely Carl isn't mixing funds between these activities or is he simply paying Penn St wrestlers with Rokfin tokens?  Perhaps Carl has resigned his b10/PSU position?  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

what are you talking about?