Idaho

Underground Card #1 - Legends Matches

26 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

This is including Snyder, Taylor and Bo?  Interesting.  

At first I read all Americans or college kids which I agree with RBY.  

1 month doesn’t seem like long enough time to train...

1 hour ago, Cradle1 said:

That blows my mind.   

It does but if you think about it, at the age of 52, Terry has been all in on wrestling for 40 years. Is his body what it used to be? No, but through youth, high school, college, international career, coaching at multiple colleges, coaching the international team until now, he has forgotten more wrestling than 99% of the wrestling community.

Same goes for Cael obviously.

Edited by Drake_Mallard

1 hour ago, Mokoma said:

Yeah, so RBY thinks Cael would make the Olympic team at 97kg with only 1 month prep? He isn't getting by Snyder or Cox regardless of prep time. I'll take that bet.

Yeah, so RBY thinks Cael would make the Olympic team at 97kg with only 1 month prep? He isn't getting by Snyder or Cox regardless of prep time. I'll take that bet.

Maybe he sees them in the room often enough to have a more informed opinion on Cael’s level of fitness than the rest of us.

Cael IS rolling with both DT and Snyder, all the time.

If Varner could make 97kg these days, NLWC could have three of the top four at OTTs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Le duke said:

Maybe he sees them in the room often enough to have a more informed opinion on Cael’s level of fitness than the rest of us.

If Varner could make 97kg these days, NLWC could have three of the top four at OTTs.

Cael got 5th at worlds in 2011. So 9 years later he's going to beat guys who are currently winning world/Olympic championships/medals? I'm taking that bet.

30 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

Not really interested in watching a bunch of old, past their primers getting on the mat against each other. Against legit contenders from TODAY, different story. Would enjoy a match between Cael and Kyle, but in folk, not FS. 

Speaking of today, I'd really like to see JB vs Dake in folk

29 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Speaking of today, I'd really like to see JB vs Dake in folk

Me too! But I think a folk match that Dake has his way with JB fairly easily. Dake is , essentially, a shaved gorilla with excellent technique :D 

43 minutes ago, Crotalus said:

Cael got 5th at worlds in 2011. So 9 years later he's going to beat guys who are currently winning world/Olympic championships/medals? I'm taking that bet.

Worlds/Olympic is Freestyle, not folk. Different sports. I could easily see Cael beating those guys in folk even today. 

6 hours ago, Mokoma said:

I don't if it was a good idea for RBY to Tweet this because the implication is that Cael is handily beating everyone in the room, which includes Snyder, DT, Nickal, Varner, Shakur, Cassar, Brooks, Beard, Kerk, Cenzo, Nolf, Zain, etc.

14 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

I don't if it was a good idea for RBY to Tweet this because the implication is that Cael is handily beating everyone in the room, which includes Snyder, DT, Nickal, Varner, Shakur, Cassar, Brooks, Beard, Kerk, Cenzo, Nolf, Zain, etc.

Didn't DT basically say as much in his post-Martin interview?

9 hours ago, Le duke said:

John Smith recently said, supposedly,  that Eric Guerrero  can beat anyone in the US.  But wouldn't be able to do it four matches in one day.  

Edited by AHamilton

1 hour ago, AHamilton said:

John Smith recently said, supposedly,  that Eric Guerrero  can beat anyone in the US.  But wouldn't be able to do it four matches in one day.  

He's (Coach Smith) the GOAT and knows waaay more about wrestling than me, but I doubt Eric could beat Zain or Yianni in a single match.  That is, if Eric can even make 65.  

Eric was a great college wrestler, but it's not like he had an international career like Cael, who won Olympic gold and world silver.  Also, if this were true, why didn't Eric make a run at the 2008 team in the weight Coleman Scott took bronze??  He was only one quad removed from the last time he competed, which was 2004.  Since they're both Oklahoma State guys, Eric should know where he stood against Coleman, and if he could beat Coleman then he should have tried to make a run for the team.  

At least Cael beating up on those PSU/NLWC guys is somewhat believable.  

11 hours ago, ShakaAloha said:

He's (Coach Smith) the GOAT and knows waaay more about wrestling than me, but I doubt Eric could beat Zain or Yianni in a single match.  That is, if Eric can even make 65.  

Eric was a great college wrestler, but it's not like he had an international career like Cael, who won Olympic gold and world silver.  Also, if this were true, why didn't Eric make a run at the 2008 team in the weight Coleman Scott took bronze??  He was only one quad removed from the last time he competed, which was 2004.  Since they're both Oklahoma State guys, Eric should know where he stood against Coleman, and if he could beat Coleman then he should have tried to make a run for the team.  

#1: I never heard a weight mentioned

#2: The premise is he could beat anyone in one match, but could not survive a tournament format

#3: Why didn't John Smith make a run at 96, 2000, 2004 since he is on record saying he was getting the best of our reps in training matches?  Because he knows he was good for one match, but couldn't take the rigors of training

#4: Cael was 5th in the world in his comeback.  Years ago. I doubt he is better shape now.

#5: Winning training matches in a practice setting is different than going through OTT and Worlds.

12 hours ago, ShakaAloha said:

Scott's bronze was 2012.   

On 9/2/2020 at 10:04 AM, Drake_Mallard said:

Surprised no one has said it, but why not Tom vs Terry? That would be worth the price of admission.

We have all seen those matches, they are called "Brands family films"! Or you could have seen them make the U of I  bus driver pull so they could duke it out on the side of the highway, no cover charge. 

22 hours ago, TobusRex said:

Worlds/Olympic is Freestyle, not folk. Different sports. I could easily see Cael beating those guys in folk even today. 

Yeah, I guess I could see Cael still beating anyone in folk, which is the style he much prefers and was much better at. But it would be a waste of time for our world team guys, especially J'den and Kyle, to spend any time training for a folk match. Cael might get a takedown or two, but he can't hang with them for 6 mins in freestyle.

1 hour ago, Crotalus said:

Yeah, I guess I could see Cael still beating anyone in folk, which is the style he much prefers and was much better at. But it would be a waste of time for our world team guys, especially J'den and Kyle, to spend any time training for a folk match. Cael might get a takedown or two, but he can't hang with them for 6 mins in freestyle.

I'd definitely agree with you on FS. I wouldn't say Cael has no chance against them, he is Cael after all, but those guys are badasses still in their primes. I wouldn't be surprised if Cael didn't take a period from those guys in FS, though, he was slick as snot.

14 hours ago, AHamilton said:

#1: I never heard a weight mentioned

#2: The premise is he could beat anyone in one match, but could not survive a tournament format

#3: Why didn't John Smith make a run at 96, 2000, 2004 since he is on record saying he was getting the best of our reps in training matches?  Because he knows he was good for one match, but couldn't take the rigors of training

#4: Cael was 5th in the world in his comeback.  Years ago. I doubt he is better shape now.

#5: Winning training matches in a practice setting is different than going through OTT and Worlds.

I think it’s very conceivable that Smith could have won ten straight through 1996.  Man I’d love to have seen him go up against kolat. 

9 hours ago, Cradle1 said:

I think it’s very conceivable that Smith could have won ten straight through 1996.  Man I’d love to have seen him go up against kolat. 

He claims Jamil Kelley was the first rep to be able to beat him in a training match.

Jamil has also alluded to this.

That would be just a little bit of a weight difference and I am assuming your drug reference is to Lesnar.....
More like
Mocco vs Lesnar or a rematch of the finals..... Neal vs Lesnar
Gutches is massive now. I bet they are close in weight

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk