Devil's advocate will inform you gents that 'Ringer was registered for 92 keggers at an event earlier this year.  Don't be surprised to see it as a 97 kegger match, for the sake of not cutting weight.

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

Devil's advocate will inform you gents that 'Ringer was registered for 92 keggers at an event earlier this year.  Don't be surprised to see it as a 97 kegger match, for the sake of not cutting weight.

As near as I can tell there are no weight classes on these matches. And I assume there won't be any weigh-ins either. Just throw two similar-ish guys out there and see what happens. 

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

That was less indicative of weight and more looking for live mat time since Downey had to be given something as the 2019 world team member. Then PD3 didn't make it so Ringer went 86 and took bronze after initially registering at 92. This may be a red herring but I believe Nolf went 79 for that event so he could qualify for OTT so Ringer was 86, 92, or nothing since he already had a ticket punched to OTT.

28 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

9.99 real bucks (for a month).

Getting paid in real money and paying out in fake money does seem like a bold strategy.

You make an interesting point (not the fake money one - money is a collective fiction. If we all agree that a piece of paper or a promisory note is money, then it is. That is the only way the fractional reserve banking system is able to function). If they collect in one currency and pay in a different, then I would want to know precisely how the exchange rate is determined. A lot of money has been made (and lost by counterparties) by playing games with exchange rates. State Street Bank just paid a huge fine for ripping off their sophisticated, institutional clients for years on exchange rates. If they could be fooled for years, what chance does an individual content creator have?

2 hours ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

I can’t believe they missed the opportunity for a Gilman Micic match. I’m sure they tried and one of them said no, my guess is Micic was the no-go.  

Kerk looks to be the only NCAA eligible athlete competing, which makes me wonder a few offshoot questions - Was Parris asked and declined? Was Micic asked and declined? Will this somehow negatively affect eligibility in any way?

5 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Kerk looks to be the only NCAA eligible athlete competing, which makes me wonder a few offshoot questions - Was Parris asked and declined? Was Micic asked and declined? Will this somehow negatively affect eligibility in any way?

As long as he's not getting paid, it shouldn't impact Kerk's eligibility.  RBY and Sammy Alvarez wrestled on the most recent Flo card.  I don't think their respective coaches would let them compete if there was any chance that they would be declared ineligible or suspended by the NCAA.  

4 hours ago, ShakaAloha said:

As long as he's not getting paid, it shouldn't impact Kerk's eligibility.  RBY and Sammy Alvarez wrestled on the most recent Flo card.  I don't think their respective coaches would let them compete if there was any chance that they would be declared ineligible or suspended by the NCAA.  

Well everyone was probably so scared of getting sued by Flo that they let it pass

11 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

Well everyone was probably so scared of getting sued by Flo that they let it pass

The good news is that as far as Flo is concerned this whole event doesn't exist. How can you sue over something that doesn't exist?

On yesterday's FRL Pyle says he is excited about the return of wrestling. To support that statement he lists 9 events, but not this one. Later Chael Sonnen hilariously calls him out on it. When Pyle asks what Chael is excited about he says, "I will tell you one that you've acted like is forbidden fruit around here, but I do think Nickal and Dieringer is very compelling ."

Edited by Wrestleknownothing

1 hour ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

The good news is that as far as Flo is concerned this whole event doesn't exist. How can you sue over something that doesn't exist?

On yesterday's FRL Pyle says he is excited about the return of wrestling. To support that statement he lists 9 events, but not this one. Later Chael Sonnen hilariously calls him out on it. When Pyle asks what Chael is excited about he says, "I will tell you one that you've acted like is forbidden fruit around here, but I do think Nickal and Dieringer is very compelling ."

Ha.  I'm a little behind on my FRL's.   I do think it was interesting that FRL brought Chael on a few weeks back and then he goes and produces a wrestling event.  I think FRL did somewhat acknowledge the existence of Wrestling Underground, but I wonder if Pyle knew about it when they brought Chael on the show (maybe they did and said he couldn't talk about it on there)

27 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Ha.  I'm a little behind on my FRL's.   I do think it was interesting that FRL brought Chael on a few weeks back and then he goes and produces a wrestling event.  I think FRL did somewhat acknowledge the existence of Wrestling Underground, but I wonder if Pyle knew about it when they brought Chael on the show (maybe they did and said he couldn't talk about it on there)

Not sure, but Chael busted his chops on that point too. Said Pyle texted him during the event to ask why it was on Fight Pass instead of Flo. Chael told him to stop being a company man and leave that to the suits in Austin. Then asked Pyle, can't we just be fans for a little bit? Chael is pure radio gold.

2 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Not sure, but Chael busted his chops on that point too. Said Pyle texted him during the event to ask why it was on Fight Pass instead of Flo. Chael told him to stop being a company man and leave that to the suits in Austin. Then asked Pyle, can't we just be fans for a little bit? Chael is pure radio gold.

Is Flo stupid?  Why would the let a guy like Chael on their show?  They should know that they can't control what comes out of his mouth, and when he inevitably starts to criticize them, what are they going to do?  Beat him up?

I do not understand why FRL or Flo does not cover results and news of other live events. The argument is they are a media company and they need to make money but that really doesn't make sense if you look at other sports. Look at football, ESPN has recaps and results of all games not just Monday Night Football - which is the only game they have. Lots of fans watch ESPN for highlights, results and news. People would do the same with flo. 

Flo finally came to their senses and did an article on the NLWC event yesterday written by @Jaroslav Hasek But they still can't get all the way out of their own way. The article is buried. Nowhere near the home page. I found it by reading through the article on Senior Open registration. Maybe Chael needs to go back on FRL and yell at Pyle about web design too.

1 hour ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Flo finally came to their senses and did an article on the NLWC event yesterday written by @Jaroslav Hasek But they still can't get all the way out of their own way. The article is buried. Nowhere near the home page. I found it by reading through the article on Senior Open registration. Maybe Chael needs to go back on FRL and yell at Pyle about web design too.

Flo has an interesting design.  I like the top level.  It is sleek and modern.  Reminiscent of other designs - for example, developer.apple.com. 

The other levels are like the drudge report - complete chaos.  Just hope the search button works.  It feels like Flo was working hard developing their UI when the plug got pulled and they went with what they have.

2 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I just wrote it yesterday and it hasn't been scheduled to go on the front of the site. it will tho. we wait for after a holiday weekend to feature our best stuff ;-)

This is all standard procedure. no conspiracy theories necessary. 

28 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Flo has an interesting design.  I like the top level.  It is sleek and modern.  Reminiscent of other designs - for example, developer.apple.com. 

The other levels are like the drudge report - complete chaos.  Just hope the search button works.  It feels like Flo was working hard developing their UI when the plug got pulled and they went with what they have.

Site last got a major redesign I want to say at the end of 2017?  then the focus became the app, and getting on streaming devices like roku, apple tv, amazon fire tv, chromecast, etc. smaller updates to different features are also happening all the time. the product and engineering department works with content and marketing to see where to devote resources next. right now the product team is soliciting feedback from users on how to best optimize the rankings, for both desktop and mobile. hopefully you see the fruits of those labors in the fall. 

and if you have suggestions for how to improve the user experience, we more than welcome your feedback, in fact we crave it. we go absolutely wild for it.