2 hours ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

Site last got a major redesign I want to say at the end of 2017?  then the focus became the app, and getting on streaming devices like roku, apple tv, amazon fire tv, chromecast, etc. smaller updates to different features are also happening all the time. the product and engineering department works with content and marketing to see where to devote resources next. right now the product team is soliciting feedback from users on how to best optimize the rankings, for both desktop and mobile. hopefully you see the fruits of those labors in the fall. 

and if you have suggestions for how to improve the user experience, we more than welcome your feedback, in fact we crave it. we go absolutely wild for it. 

Ok. 

Something that drives me crazy is when new stuff is buried. If it is new, put it where I can see it. I visit the page and see a bunch of old stuff and one new article (US Open registration). Great, I will read that one new article. But lo and behold, at the end of that new article I stumble across another new article that is only accessible through the other article.

If it is ready to be on the site, it is ready to not be hidden. In a world where scrolling exists, the concept of a front page is obsolete because  a page has no defined length. Everything should be on the front page because there is a single limitless page.

Flo is not alone in this. ESPN, for example has a similar issue. If I want to see a baseball score I can click on MLB, then click on scores. But once I do, I then have to click on see all scores to actually see the scores. WHY? Is digital ink that expensive? It makes no sense.

As for readiness, Flo needs to employ some copy editors. Both your article and the US Open registration article are riddled with grammatical problems.

Thats it for now. Enjoy your weekend @Jaroslav Hasek

13 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Ok. 

Something that drives me crazy is when new stuff is buried. If it is new, put it where I can see it. I visit the page and see a bunch of old stuff and one new article (US Open registration). Great, I will read that one new article. But lo and behold, at the end of that new article I stumble across another new article that is only accessible through the other article.

If it is ready to be on the site, it is ready to not be hidden. In a world where scrolling exists, the concept of a front page is obsolete because  a page has no defined length. Everything should be on the front page because there is a single limitless page.

Flo is not alone in this. ESPN, for example has a similar issue. If I want to see a baseball score I can click on MLB, then click on scores. But once I do, I then have to click on see all scores to actually see the scores. WHY? Is digital ink that expensive? It makes no sense.

As for readiness, Flo needs to employ some copy editors. Both your article and the US Open registration article are riddled with grammatical problems.

Thats it for now. Enjoy your weekend @Jaroslav Hasek

if you click the news button it brings you an infinite scroll of articles that appear in the order that they are written. so that will give you every new published written piece of content. we manually schedule the content that runs on the front page and employ various strategies to maximize user consumption and, we hope, enjoyment. but i admit, its not a perfect system and sometimes human error on our part makes it even less perfect!

thanks for the heads up on the grammatical issues with those 2 articles. The US Open registration articles is a USAW press release that we copied. i'll give the NLWC article another proof. one of the benefits of 'burying' an article before promoting it more. eagle eyed die hard readers give you heads up before the wider audience gets to see it. wouldn't mind at all if Flo had more copy editors, tho, would give me less work to do on a weekend. maybe after covid we'll have room in the budget. thanks for reading and the feedback!

Edited by Jaroslav Hasek
added link

2 hours ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

I just wrote it yesterday and it hasn't been scheduled to go on the front of the site. it will tho. we wait for after a holiday weekend to feature our best stuff ;-)

This is all standard procedure. no conspiracy theories necessary. 

Ok, I know I said I was done for the weekend, but something you said was bugging me.

Where is the conspiracy theory? Your own FRL guest said you guys were treating the NLWC event like forbidden fruit. Rather than refute that, CP still refuses to utter the name. He also decides not to expand beyond the one match mentioned by Chael even though, as your article points out, there are 11 AA's and 8 NCAA Champs on the card. And earlier in the conversation he displays an encyclopedic knowledge of upcoming and recent events by rattling of 9 of 10.

You can say I am reading to much into this, but Flo's lawyer seemed well versed in this upcoming event last week during the hearing, so why shouldn't your on air talent acknowledge its existence?

Perhaps I just answered my own question.

Edited by Wrestleknownothing

31 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Ok, I know I said I was done for the weekend, but something you said was bugging me.

Where is the conspiracy theory? Your own FRL guest said you guys were treating the NLWC event like forbidden fruit. Rather than refute that, CP still refuses to utter the name. He also decides not to expand beyond the one match mentioned by Chael even though, as your article points out, there are 11 AA's and 8 NCAA Champs on the card. And earlier in the conversation he displays an encyclopedic knowledge of upcoming and recent events by rattling of 9 of 10.

You can say I am reading to much into this, but Flo's lawyer seemed well versed in this upcoming event last week during the hearing, so why shouldn't your on air talent acknowledge its existence?

Perhaps I just answered my own question.

I was talking about the blog post I wrote about the NLWC event and why it was not yet featured on the site. I unfortunately won't be able to help much with regards to a new theory about what CP is or is not allowed to say on FRL. I am very rarely involved in composition of that show. I did just publish a blog post about the event tho, so I hope there's no company diktat proscribing the mention of that event because that that would mean I could be in big trouble for that article! 

I'm not trying to give you a hard time by calling it a 'conspiracy theory', and in hindsight maybe not the best choice of words, but I am continually surprised by the motives people will assign to Flo's content and social media. They quite often assume a much higher degree of sophistication and coordination behind every decision than exists in reality.

I was talking about the blog post I wrote about the NLWC event and why it was not yet featured on the site. I unfortunately won't be able to help much with regards to a new theory about what CP is or is not allowed to say on FRL. I am very rarely involved in composition of that show. I did just publish a blog post about the event tho, so I hope there's no company diktat proscribing the mention of that event because that that would mean I could be in big trouble for that article! 
I'm not trying to give you a hard time by calling it a 'conspiracy theory', and in hindsight maybe not the best choice of words, but I am continually surprised by the motives people will assign to Flo's content and social media. They quite often assume a much higher degree of sophistication and coordination behind every decision than exists in reality.

Interesting that Flo allowed you to make a blog post about the event, in which you never mention the date or time it will take place. Flo’s personalities like to call themselves journalists but won’t lift a finger to grow the sport if it’s not on their platform.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, lu_alum said:

Interesting that Flo allowed you to make a blog post about the event, in which you never mention the date or time it will take place. Flo’s personalities like to call themselves journalists but won’t lift a finger to grow the sport if it’s not on their platform.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sir, I am a blogger. not a journalist or a personality. thank you.

9 hours ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

Sir, I am a blogger. not a journalist or a personality. thank you.

Don't you think Flo would benefit from taking on the roll of journalists? 

When I see statements like this it reads like "lower your expectations for the premiere media outlet in wrestling".

Edited by hammerlockthree

1 hour ago, LJB said:

i just want to acknowledge that Flo "promoted" an event they have nothing to do with and you people are still whining...

If anyone should claim victory, it's the whiners. The whining began on Thursday with Chael Sonnen and the buried coverage began on Saturday. 

Quit your whining about whining.

3 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

If anyone should claim victory, it's the whiners. The whining began on Thursday with Chael Sonnen and the buried coverage began on Saturday. 

Quit your whining about whining.

whining began on thursday????

even your silly a$$ could not type that with a straight face...

whatever...

carry on...

your fingers are your business...

whatever...

the point is Flo did what you have been whining about forever and it still is not good enough...

shocking, huh?

whiners are going to whine... no matter what...

as per...

2 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

You make an excellent point. What Flo did was not good enough. 

it will never be good enough...

duh...

that is the point, dummy...

it is not about a result...

it is about being able to bitch and moan like an old woman while claiming the moral high ground...

just quit pretending and own it...

1 hour ago, LJB said:

it will never be good enough...

duh...

that is the point, dummy...

it is not about a result...

it is about being able to bitch and moan like an old woman while claiming the moral high ground...

just quit pretending and own it...

Dummy? Old woman? We have arrived at LJB's happy place.

Good on Flo for at least acknowledging it.

But let’s be honest, they basically had to.   They couldn’t call themselves a wrestling company if they totally ignore something which has caused Cael’s Tweets to triple what he’s posted in the past 2 years combined, and like the man said, contains 8 NCAA champions.

22 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

Don't you think Flo would benefit from taking on the roll of journalists? 

When I see statements like this it reads like "lower your expectations for the premiere media outlet in wrestling".

I dunno. I was mostly just goofing around by saying i'm a blogger not a journalist, but a serious answer to your question would require first defining what a journalist is want what the job description entails. either way, I think we can all agree that Flo monopolizes enough of the wrestling market and it would in everyone's best interests if Flo didn't enter that lucrative slice of the business and left it up for grabs and free for the taking to anyone interested in being a professional wrestling journalist. 

Jaroslav, you rock man. Always enjoy your articles (and posts), and when you mix in a word that I have to look up. This time it was protean.   :D

I'm just grateful to have some free time to escape into the wrestling world and enjoy Flo, message boards, etc, and of course, live wrestling.  

5 hours ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

I dunno. I was mostly just goofing around by saying i'm a blogger not a journalist, but a serious answer to your question would require first defining what a journalist is want what the job description entails. either way, I think we can all agree that Flo monopolizes enough of the wrestling market and it would in everyone's best interests if Flo didn't enter that lucrative slice of the business and left it up for grabs and free for the taking to anyone interested in being a professional wrestling journalist. 

fair enough

6 hours ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

That is a very interesting and bold take. I respect you for posting that.

Edited by Wrestleknownothing

On 9/8/2020 at 4:22 PM, Jaroslav Hasek said:

lol.

this is so dumb, it's brilliant. 

9 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

lol.

this is so dumb, it's brilliant. 

Personally I’m excited to find out whether the court of appeals decides that Big Boards and Crystal Ball Rankings are considered journalism, blogging, or state of the art proprietary technology/trade secrets.