uncle bernard

Fix suspended for doping

Looks like the rumors a while back were true. Daton out for a year for violating anti-doping rules. Sounds like he was very fortunate to argue his way down to a 1 year suspension from the 4 year suspension he was facing.

Edited by uncle bernard

He's a great wrestler and he's also very lucky.  Had the Olympics happened on time he was out and now he gets another shot.  He popped for Ostarine.  It's a drug, I'm told, that is used to lean out while maintaining muscle mass.  He was always one big guy for the weight.  

29 minutes ago, LJB said:

as an aside, all the rumors i heard were clearly wrong on this one...

The rumored drug was wrong, as well as some claims that he was trying to get a backdated prescription for said drug.  Anything else?

Still odd that according to that document he was “formally charged with an anti-doping violation” in March, was even suspended for a pretty significant event, and no one that calls themselves journalists (or Flo) said anything about it?

Convenient that he will be eligible on 10-Feb, 2021. 

When does Zahid's report come out?  It will be interesting to see if he also got popped for ostarine.  If so, I would be curious to see if Zahid's dad was also mixing a banned substance in a supplement OR if Zahid was also hanging out in Mr. Fix's garage?

Edited by lu_alum

1 minute ago, lu_alum said:

Convenient that he will be eligible on 10-Feb, 2021. 

When does Zahid's report come out?  It will be interesting to see if he also got popped for ostarine.  If so, I would be curious to see if Zahid's dad was also mixing a banned substance in a supplement OR if Zahid was also handing out in Mr. Fix's garage?

zahid was popped for recreational and by ASU... not USADA...

41 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

So Fix “accidentally ingests” the anabolic steroids his father (and RTC coach) was taking daily at the suggestion of Oklahoma State’s assistant coach, Chris Perry?

I wonder what other PED’s are floating around the OSU/OKRTC coaches fridges? 

Plenty, so they can be used as scapegoats when necessary 

2 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

The rumored drug was wrong, as well as some claims that he was trying to get a backdated prescription for said drug.  Anything else?

Still odd that according to that document he was “formally charged with an anti-doping violation” in March, was even suspended for a pretty significant event, and no one that calls themselves journalists (or Flo) said anything about it?

"formally charged" clearly does not mean "publicly charged"... no one announced anything anywhere...

not sure what you would expect...

and FRL has mentioned there was an issue several times in the last 6 months...

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

If you read the report, seems pretty cut and dry. I bet Fix’ dad feels pretty ****ty about this. 

it seems incredibly irresponsible of everyone involved and just a bit convenient...

but, the levels were obviously low enough to justify the explanation... 

5 minutes ago, LJB said:

it seems incredibly irresponsible of everyone involved and just a bit convenient...

but, the levels were obviously low enough to justify the explanation... 

Personally, I'd like hear more about Chris Perry's familiarity with steroids and why he recommended them to the head coach of his RTC.

1 minute ago, uncle bernard said:

Personally, I'd like hear more about Chris Perry's familiarity with steroids and why he recommended them to the head coach of his RTC.

why?

they are adults who can use whatever supplement they choose for whatever they want...

40 minutes ago, LJB said:

"formally charged" clearly does not mean "publicly charged"... no one announced anything anywhere...

not sure what you would expect...

and FRL has mentioned there was an issue several times in the last 6 months...

Is “publicly charged” a thing?  Is it normal for suspensions to be announced 6+ months after they’ve already started?

1 minute ago, 1032004 said:

Is “publicly charged” a thing?  Is it normal for suspensions to be announced 6+ months after they’ve already started?

actually, it is the norm... the initial notification is intended to be private until the appeal process is complete...

clearly, stuff gets leaked in the bigger sports because there is always scumbags like mineo everywhere...

4 minutes ago, LJB said:

actually, it is the norm... the initial notification is intended to be private until the appeal process is complete...

clearly, stuff gets leaked in the bigger sports because there is always scumbags like mineo everywhere...

Who have been the last few US wrestlers to get suspended?

The Zahid news broke pretty quick.

Looks like news of JO’s positive test in 2017 was only about 2 months behind.

Edited by 1032004

1 minute ago, 1032004 said:

Who have been the last few US wrestlers to get suspended?

The Zahid news broke pretty quick.

Looks like news of JO’s positive test in 2017 was only about 2 months behind.

zahid was not USADA and JOs news broke after it was finalized... just like this situation...

1 hour ago, LJB said:

why?

they are adults who can use whatever supplement they choose for whatever they want...

Well if I worked for Okie State’s athletic department I’d have a few questions such as...

Has Chris ever recommended anabolic steroids to another athlete’s parents? Has he recommended them to an athlete? Does Chris use anabolic steroids while working out at OSU’s facilities and training their athletes? Has Derek possessed or used anabolic steroids while using campus facilities?