uncle bernard

Fix suspended for doping

3 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

Well if I worked for Okie State’s athletic department I’d have a few questions such as...

Has Chris ever recommended anabolic steroids to another athlete’s parents? Has he recommended them to an athlete? Does Chris use anabolic steroids while working out at OSU’s facilities and training their athletes? Has Derek possessed or used anabolic steroids while using campus facilities? 

if OSU has any regulations against their coaches supplementing then it is a fair question...

if they do not, then it is just being silly...

and derek is not just an "athlete's parent"... he is the RTC coach...

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

Is “publicly charged” a thing?  Is it normal for suspensions to be announced 6+ months after they’ve already started?

The suspension was disputed which triggered an arbitration under AAA rules, three member panel.  Just like criminal trials, if you as a defendant throw enough money at it and make prosecution very expensive, then an organization with a limited litigation budget will seek a resolution that allows it to keep a modicum of credibility.  Three arbitrators through AAA cost about $1,500 per hour, then you gotta pay your lawyers and experts, they gotta pay their lawyers and experts etc.  

25 minutes ago, LJB said:

if OSU has any regulations against their coaches supplementing then it is a fair question...

yeah dude, that makes it weirder.

Can you really not see why I'd like to hear more? I have nothing against steroids for recreational use, but they are a banned substance. One of the top guys in the country gets popped for a PED that one of his coaches recommended to his dad (if you give Daton the benefit of the doubt on his story). 2 coaches at one of the best programs in the country using, or at least familiar with, not just a steroid, but a steroid designed to help maintain muscle mass while losing weight. And this program also happens to be the most notorious weight cutting program in the country. And many of their wrestlers end up fighting at weight classes way above their college weights. 

You seem to have a very weird obsession with protecting authority from any sort of questioning.

2 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

yeah dude, that makes it weirder.

Can you really not see why I'd like to hear more? I have nothing against steroids for recreational use, but they are a banned substance. One of the top guys in the country gets popped for a PED that one of his coaches recommended to his dad (if you give Daton the benefit of the doubt on his story). 2 coaches at one of the best programs in the country using, or at least familiar with, not just a steroid, but a steroid designed to help maintain muscle mass while losing weight. And this program also happens to be the most notorious weight cutting program in the country. And many of their wrestlers end up fighting at weight classes way above their college weights. 

You seem to have a very weird obsession with protecting authority from any sort of questioning.

protecting authority from questioning... can you say hyperbole?

i am just not surprised that guys who have no obligation to not supplement choose to use supplements to help their quality of life... 

so what?

and...

i do not think the majority of D1 athletes are clean, so, it does not surprise me that these types of things are known and around...

9 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Because most of the people on here aren't credulous enough to believe the explanation.

thankfully, what most people on believe means exactly dick...

the only thing that really matters is what the non-partial 3rd party panel believed...

but...

as per...

totally fabricate your own story and keep repeating it ad nauseam...

that never gets old...

ever...

39 minutes ago, LJB said:

thankfully, what most people on believe means exactly dick...

the only thing that really matters is what the non-partial 3rd party panel believed...

but...

as per...

totally fabricate your own story and keep repeating it ad nauseam...

that never gets old...

ever...

Just answering your question buddy

4 hours ago, steelfrog said:

The suspension was disputed which triggered an arbitration under AAA rules, three member panel.  Just like criminal trials, if you as a defendant throw enough money at it and make prosecution very expensive, then an organization with a limited litigation budget will seek a resolution that allows it to keep a modicum of credibility.  Three arbitrators through AAA cost about $1,500 per hour, then you gotta pay your lawyers and experts, they gotta pay their lawyers and experts etc.  

Oh I'm definitely not questioning the ability to fight it and get it reduced.  I'm just surprised by the ability to have no public trace of it happening for 6+ months.   

4 hours ago, LJB said:

I don't think Derek Fix will want to focus on his roll as RTC coach. If so, his culpability is greater. He put an athlete in jeopardy by failing to secure a banned substance and failing to inform the athlete of the presence of a banned substance that the athlete had ready access to. 

In the findings they only refer to Derek Fix as Mr. Fix's father. I think that is intentional. 

6 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I don't think Derek Fix will want to focus on his roll as RTC coach. If so, his culpability is greater. He put an athlete in jeopardy by failing to secure a banned substance and failing to inform the athlete of the presence of a banned substance that the athlete had ready access to. 

In the findings they only refer to Derek Fix as Mr. Fix's father. I think that is intentional. 

Lets be real, its a scandal that he has that position. 

I'm not saying he is incompetent, that he doesn't do a great job....but its an odd coincidence that he is the best guy for the job. 

10 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

I'm not saying he is incompetent, that he doesn't do a great job....but its an odd coincidence that he is the best guy for the job. 

I would think a coach who produced a wrestler of Daton Fix's caliber could be the best guy for the job. Ignoring the events of this year, of course.

4 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I would think a coach who produced a wrestler of Daton Fix's caliber could be the best guy for the job. Ignoring the events of this year, of course.

I didn't say he "couldn't" i said it was a rather odd coincidence that he happened into the position right about the time daton was recruited.

About as odd about his steroids working its way into his son....

Edited by hammerlockthree

13 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I think it is a colossal fuk up on derek’s part... particularly if the explanation is 100% true...
I’m not sure if I believe it or not...

i have had a relationship with that family in the past and none of this makes me feel great...

What I heard right when it all was going down was that uncle john was pissed and if Daton did not get 100% exonerated he would not be allowed back in the OSU room...

who knows if that will be what happens... none of the other stuff I heard turned out to be true either, so, grain of salt stuff...

but, uncle john is a scary dude who does not play... I bet this is not the end of the fallout...

I believe Derek and john were roommates in college... I think that is true... I might be making it up...

point being, they are pretty close and have been for a long time...

I can also say that while I have never actually seen Derek show technique, I have heard plenty of his coach talks and he will make you want to put on a singlet right now and run through a wall...

what is interesting is daton not signing until late his senior year when everyone knew there was no way john was going to let daton out of Oklahoma... there is little doubt that the RTC coaching position was part of that signing...

The supposed accidental ingestion excuse gets old.. quickly. Especially if you actually understand how doping works.

Though certain people’s reactions are both not surprising and revealing at the same time 

2 hours ago, jp157 said:

The supposed accidental ingestion excuse gets old.. quickly. Especially if you actually understand how doping works.

Though certain people’s reactions are both not surprising and revealing at the same time 

Not to the arbitrators.  They can't get enough of it.

14 hours ago, AHamilton said:

I'm not sure about levels and picograms etc., but this substance seems to have a half-life of 24 hours which seems rather short.  Can any chemist tell me if metabolites would clear from the body relatively quickly?

The substance itself and not its metabolite is what popped so the 24 hour half-life is most relevant. 

6 hours ago, jp157 said:

How many times has Fix used the accidental ingestion excuse?   I haven't heard of the others.

18 hours ago, AHamilton said:

I'm not sure about levels and picograms etc., but this substance seems to have a half-life of 24 hours which seems rather short.  Can any chemist tell me if metabolites would clear from the body relatively quickly?

@AHamilton I’m curious to know what is the question behind your question?

19 minutes ago, Lurker said:

How many times has Fix used the accidental ingestion excuse?   I haven't heard of the others.

I think he’s referring to anyone who pops.

I personally don’t think intent matters much.

13 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

No it's not. It's a professional position, not a coaching position at an academic institution. And if you think this is a scandal just wait until you find out about AAU basketball coaches or baseball/ softball dads who move on to become D1 assistants with no degree.

4 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

No it's not. It's a professional position, not a coaching position at an academic institution. And if you think this is a scandal just wait until you find out about AAU basketball coaches or baseball/ softball dads who move on to become D1 assistants with no degree.

That's a ridiculous response. It's not bad because  basketball is corrupt too, good luck with that.

accidental ingestion is always the excuse, but, has been proven many times to in fact be accurate...

the problem lies with most of these supplements being made in a limited amount of facilities in china... a little bit of the good stuff left in the bowl from the last batch of crap being mixed in with an entirely different product...

it's a thing...