uncle bernard

Fix suspended for doping

8 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

No it's not. It's a professional position, not a coaching position at an academic institution. And if you think this is a scandal just wait until you find out about AAU basketball coaches or baseball/ softball dads who move on to become D1 assistants with no degree.

That indeed sounds like a scandal.

8 minutes ago, LJB said:

accidental ingestion is always the excuse, but, has been proven many times to in fact be accurate...

the problem lies with most of these supplements being made in a limited amount of facilities in china... a little bit of the good stuff left in the bowl from the last batch of crap being mixed in with an entirely different product...

it's a thing...

Which claims of accidental ingestion have proven to be true previously?

Agree on the second part.

Edited by madcat11

3 minutes ago, madcat11 said:

Which claims of accidental ingestion have proven to be true previously?

Agree 100% on the second part.

https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/26588436/4-fighters-suspended-due-tainted-supplements

add in josh barnett, yoel romero, OSP, diaz brothers, diego sanchez, etc.

it's a problem that really only seems to be 100% avoided by not supplementing at all...

3 minutes ago, LJB said:

https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/26588436/4-fighters-suspended-due-tainted-supplements

add in josh barnett, yoel romero, OSP, diaz brothers, diego sanchez, etc.

it's a problem that really only seems to be 100% avoided by not supplementing at all...

I don’t see the article as “proof” that they didn’t know, just that it’s plausible.

Second part is interesting.  I wonder what percentage of college wrestlers use no supplements at all (excluding a cup of coffee, an energy drink, etc.). I bet it’s a very small percentage.

6 minutes ago, madcat11 said:

I don’t see the article as “proof” that they didn’t know, just that it’s plausible.

Second part is interesting.  I wonder what percentage of college wrestlers use no supplements at all (excluding a cup of coffee, an energy drink, etc.). I bet it’s a very small percentage.

when USADA reduces your suspension down to 3 months it is because they found that the supplement you were using was in fact tainted with ingredients not listed...

if you are going to argue that, then you clearly have an agenda...

59 minutes ago, madcat11 said:

Short of a audio recording of Mr Fix saying to younger Fix, "here, take this, its mixed with an androgen". Then there is no way to show proof either way.  What we do have is an investigation vetted by USADA, attorneys, and an arbitration committee, a polygraph, and scientists all saying what the Fix' are claiming and what the scientific/biological results were are very much in line.  

As individuals with absolutely no internal knowledge of the case other than what we get from social media, we will just make of it what we choose .

Tbh, I would have an easier time buying the explanation if it was anyone other than Fix. There have been whispers of him using "creative" methods for making his big cuts for years before this. And it just so happens that the drug he gets popped for is a steroid commonly used to maintaining muscle while dropping weight? Yeah, sorry if I'm not 100% credulous on this one.

14 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

Tbh, I would have an easier time buying the explanation if it was anyone other than Fix. There have been whispers of him using "creative" methods for making his big cuts for years before this. And it just so happens that the drug he gets popped for is a steroid commonly used to maintaining muscle while dropping weight? Yeah, sorry if I'm not 100% credulous on this one.

anytime someone cuts big and still performs there will always be those who just can't help themselves from sounding like a jack ass...

FWIW... fix has not been small in any bracket he has ever been in going back to schoolboy days... i've watched him pull... talked to kids he has pulled with... he is a machine and has the mentality to be able to cut big and not break mentally at any point... it is actually pretty impressive...

some people can do it... other's can't...

i remember seeing lee when he was making 50kg in vegas after fix forced him up to juniors... he looked like a ghost... as bad as i have ever seen anyone look... i would be surprised if he was even pulling 10lbs at that time... he just wasn't/isn't cut out to do it... 

i think it is very bad form to automatically assume anyone pulling big is using...

clearly, he popped... i am not convinced he did it knowingly, but, i am also not convinced of the explanation...

but, if you are going to assume and go by people with the loser mentality that say he has to be using because he can pull some weight, then you better start calling out everyone else who has or does pull hard...

27 minutes ago, LJB said:

anytime someone cuts big and still performs there will always be those who just can't help themselves from sounding like a jack ass...

FWIW... fix has not been small in any bracket he has ever been in going back to schoolboy days... i've watched him pull... talked to kids he has pulled with... he is a machine and has the mentality to be able to cut big and not break mentally at any point... it is actually pretty impressive...

some people can do it... other's can't...

i remember seeing lee when he was making 50kg in vegas after fix forced him up to juniors... he looked like a ghost... as bad as i have ever seen anyone look... i would be surprised if he was even pulling 10lbs at that time... he just wasn't/isn't cut out to do it... 

i think it is very bad form to automatically assume anyone pulling big is using...

clearly, he popped... i am not convinced he did it knowingly, but, i am also not convinced of the explanation...

but, if you are going to assume and go by people with the loser mentality that say he has to be using because he can pull some weight, then you better start calling out everyone else who has or does pull hard...

Your logic is incorrect.

If he calls out Fix then he better call out everyone else who has or does pull hard AND has tested positive for a drug known to be effective for the purpose. You can't selectively separate the two.

12 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Your logic is incorrect.

If he calls out Fix then he better call out everyone else who has or does pull hard AND has tested positive for a drug known to be effective for the purpose. You can't selectively separate the two.

Don't bother with him. He just likes to play contrarian. He knows what he's saying is ridiculous. I'm sure there are others out there who are doing similar things, but I haven't heard rumors about them AND they haven't actually been popped. 

11 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Your logic is incorrect.

look at what dude said... actually think about the implication he made...

quit being you...

be better...

Just now, uncle bernard said:

Don't bother with him. He just likes to play contrarian. He knows what he's saying is ridiculous. I'm sure there are others out there who are doing similar things, but I haven't heard rumors about them AND they haven't actually been popped. 

so, until yesterday it wasn't ridiculous?

pile on the "i told you so" bandwagon...

it's a great look for you around here... 

Just now, LJB said:

so, until yesterday it wasn't ridiculous?

pile on the "i told you so" bandwagon...

it's a great look for you around here... 

I would not publicly post about rumors I've heard through the community because they are rumors. Thus, I never said anything about Fix using drugs/medical intervention to cut weight despite that being something I've heard for a few years.

The point of my post is that I have heard these things for years and now that Fix has a conclusive positive test for a drug that would help him maintain muscle through his large cuts, I am more likely to believe the rumors than to believe a cockamamie story about his 50 year old father being on steroids and him accidentally drinking a spiked sports drink.

1 minute ago, uncle bernard said:

I would not publicly post about rumors I've heard through the community because they are rumors. Thus, I never said anything about Fix using drugs/medical intervention to cut weight despite that being something I've heard for a few years.

The point of my post is that I have heard these things for years and now that Fix has a conclusive positive test for a drug that would help him maintain muscle through his large cuts, I am more likely to believe the rumors than to believe a cockamamie story about his 50 year old father being on steroids and him accidentally drinking a spiked sports drink.

there are rumors about everyone who excels in anything...

it is a loser's mentality...

picking the one time a rumor has been accidentally "verified" as then saying i told you so dating back years is a low form of behavior...

if you are fine with it, then so be it...

congrats...

3 hours ago, Lurker said:

How many times has Fix used the accidental ingestion excuse?   I haven't heard of the others.

It’s used all the time and can work because of how long certain stuff stays in system. “Accidentally on purpose” take the tainted supplements etc.

I feel compelled to make the correction that the substance he tested positive for is not chemically a steroid.  In layman's terms, one might call it a steroid because it leads to anabolic effects.  However, it is a peptide that binds to the androgen receptor.

2 hours ago, LJB said:

when USADA reduces your suspension down to 3 months it is because they found that the supplement you were using was in fact tainted with ingredients not listed...

if you are going to argue that, then you clearly have an agenda...

I’m not arguing anything nor do I have an agenda.  I’m open to the explanation in the article.  I was expecting something a little more sturdy for the “proof” though.  That’s all.

The proof is that the supplements they send to USADA for testing had banned substances that were not in the list of ingredients...

Seems about as cut and dried as you can get...

the athletes did not knowingly put what they popped for in their system... 

now... start using kangaroo meat as an excuse and things start getting a little greasy...

4 hours ago, madcat11 said:

@AHamilton I’m curious to know what is the question behind your question?

I'm wondering if someone was using a therapeutic dose to receive a benefit, how long would it take to clear from the body to the extent Fix tested for.  Like is it something that was being used two weeks before and then stopped? How long would you need to be off of it to leave those levels?