uncle bernard

Fix suspended for doping

1 minute ago, jp157 said:

LBJ, calm down. If you disagree with me fine. You have said so. Please stop ranting and raving. Let’s focus on the allegations of cheating 

ha...

this maybe the greatest crawdaddy in all of the internet...

you are a gem...

1 hour ago, AHamilton said:

I agree with much of what you say.  However, I don't think those are the side effects of Ostarine and SARMs. One of the reasons they are attractive to athletes is fewer side effects.  I could be wrong.

You are correct

3 hours ago, LJB said:

there is no "documented struggles" of fix making 25... you made that up... as per...

he wrestled 33 because of picc...

he has made 57kg on same day 2 day for several years with no issues with performance... won age level world medals doing it... won senior tournaments doing it... passed all testing while doing it up till the most recent...

those are facts and can not be disputed...

now... as to the red-assed comments that you continually throw out as if you are anybody...

i never said anything about "knowing" fix does or does not need a supplement to make weight... you made that up... as per...

i said i have watched him pull weight basically throughout his early age level career through HS and watched how he handled it...

i have never claimed to be an "expert"... you made that up... as per...

i have cut weight... you assume i haven't because you are ignorant... as per...

but for sure, keep chasing like the jilted lover... 

you are adorable...

for the record, i have a very hard time buying this story that was put before and accepted by the 3rd party non-biased independent panel of arbitrators... they decided there was enough evidence to prove to them that fix unknowingly ingested the banned substance and lowered his suspension to just one year...

if the story is true, at the very least it shows a level of irresponsibility that i would never have previously attributed to derek...

i have speculations that are only that...

What is your connection to Fix/OSU?  You're defending them pretty hard.

1 minute ago, ShakaAloha said:

What is your connection to Fix/OSU?  You're defending them pretty hard.

shooting holes in some silly lies made up in an effort to be the cool guy does not equal defending in the context you are using it... it is just the truth... why would that bother anyone?

as far as my relationship with fix, my wrestling journey began in OK... i lived within minutes of them... knew daton, his training partners, his teammates... my boys wrestled for team big in the summers... we all trained in stillwater several days a week at the time... i haven't spoken to either in a couple of years past a hello at the us open last year...

i have no connection to OSU other than being in the room quite a bit years ago and knowing several of the kids on the squad for the last 10 years or so...

3 hours ago, LJB said:

shooting holes in some silly lies made up in an effort to be the cool guy does not equal defending in the context you are using it... it is just the truth... why would that bother anyone?

as far as my relationship with fix, my wrestling journey began in OK... i lived within minutes of them... knew daton, his training partners, his teammates... my boys wrestled for team big in the summers... we all trained in stillwater several days a week at the time... i haven't spoken to either in a couple of years past a hello at the us open last year...

i have no connection to OSU other than being in the room quite a bit years ago and knowing several of the kids on the squad for the last 10 years or so...

I respect that.  You would know his character better than most on here then.  

I'm looking forward to his bracket Lee, Gilman, Suriano, and Gross at the trials.

18 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

I respect that.  You would know his character better than most on here then.  

I'm looking forward to his bracket Lee, Gilman, Suriano, and Gross at the trials.

i won't make any bold claims about character... daton was an incredibly quiet and (i would say) shy kid... i know how he treated his teammates... i know how he treated his siblings... i know how he treated kids much less fortunate than him...

i don't want to believe that he was doping... i want to believe it played out like the brief claims...

it just doesn't feel right and i am incredibly disappointed in the entire situation...

1 hour ago, Eagle26 said:

Just use the ignore feature for him... the forum is much better that way!

he couldn't play internet tough guy then...

the amount of self aggrandizing that comes along with taking a shot is equal parts hysterical and sad...

furthermore, if you or anyone else does not have the self control it takes to ignore someone without a button, then perhaps you should not be allowed access to a computer...

8 hours ago, LJB said:

acts so smug?

you got the red-ass...

that is all...

once you get over that you may end up being a happier person...

my guess is you won't... people like you rarely are...

again, because you are so small, you read my comments in away that fits your own narrative... that is what tiny people do... you are not unique in that...

i have said from the very beginning that i do not necessarily believe the explanation put forth...

i don't feel good about any of it...

you can go back and check that record, but, you won't... 

Lol you are triggered. 

Did LBJ both just admit a personal connection that clearly skews his opinion and talk with a holier than thou attitude about self aggrandizing?

Anyone familiar with scandals like this or much much worse situations knows or finds out that there were people around who knew or suspected. But they didn’t say anything cause they “knew” them or didn’t want to rock the boat, or were selectively ignorant. Or the “ohhh no, they would never do such a thing :(, how could you say so” . Whether or not they put in little caveats to safely backtrack as needed. 

And wrestlingphish, the amount he seems triggered is both disturbing in its intensity and curious since he says I’m nothing and acts so superior. 

Anyone who cant see the conflict of interest clearly at play . That’s on them, 

1 hour ago, jp157 said:

Did LBJ both just admit a personal connection that clearly skews his opinion and talk with a holier than thou attitude about self aggrandizing?

Anyone familiar with scandals like this or much much worse situations knows or finds out that there were people around who knew or suspected. But they didn’t say anything cause they “knew” them or didn’t want to rock the boat, or were selectively ignorant. Or the “ohhh no, they would never do such a thing :(, how could you say so” . Whether or not they put in little caveats to safely backtrack as needed. 

And wrestlingphish, the amount he seems triggered is both disturbing in its intensity and curious since he says I’m nothing and acts so superior. 

Anyone who cant see the conflict of interest clearly at play . That’s on them, 

keep coming back, b-boy...

it's a great look...

on a more bi-partisan note. 

Irregardless of where we all stand on this doping issue. Whatever you do. Don’t ever be the “soul patch youth minister or teacher”. The one trying to be the “cool” guys and every kids friend. I just had to sit through a “virtual assembly” where that kind of teacher said.. “swag bag” “#checkyourselfbeforeyouwreckyourself” and tried to talk about the “fortnite” with even more stuff like that.

It was so bad multiple kids were making fun of it and nearly spiraled the whole thing out of control. 

So I hope we can all agree. never ever (give your kid steroids/PEDs or) be that person. 

Apparently the arbitrator was a former teammate of John Smith.

Olympic teammate Chris Campbell at least. I don’t know what college he went to, always known him for his international career. 

And as far as weak or strong wills and cutting weight go. From an earlier point. Since that is what “triggered” me. The using of Daton cutting weight before college as a way to diminish the accusations. (Yes I’m aware he’ll always have a way to back out when called out on such things). 

One must point out that there is a massive difference between cutting hard weight and wrestling against elementary and high school kids with  Maybe only 1-2 athletes anywhere close to Fix’s ability per tournament.., than having to do it in college and Senior Circuit and having to wrestle a much more consistent level of competition. 

The who was on the “neutral” arbitration thing makes this go from suspect to to outright fugaze 

2 hours ago, jp157 said:

Apparently the arbitrator was a former teammate of John Smith.

Olympic teammate Chris Campbell at least. I don’t know what college he went to, always known him for his international career. 

And as far as weak or strong wills and cutting weight go. From an earlier point. Since that is what “triggered” me. The using of Daton cutting weight before college as a way to diminish the accusations. (Yes I’m aware he’ll always have a way to back out when called out on such things). 

One must point out that there is a massive difference between cutting hard weight and wrestling against elementary and high school kids with  Maybe only 1-2 athletes anywhere close to Fix’s ability per tournament.., than having to do it in college and Senior Circuit and having to wrestle a much more consistent level of competition. 

The who was on the “neutral” arbitration thing makes this go from suspect to to outright fugaze 

Isn't Campbell an Iowa Hawkeye?

17 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

Isn't Campbell an Iowa Hawkeye?

yep - originally from Westfield, NJ, he was one of Dan Gable's first recruits while he was still an assistant (free link to interview with Gable about Campbell's recruitment and career).

Campbell was a 2X NCAA champ for Iowa. Made world team in 1977 and placed fifth, the same year he won a title his senior season at Iowa. Made the 1980 Olympic team that was forced to boycott, then won a 1981 World gold medal. Took a five/six year hiatus between 1984-1990. Won Olympic bronze in 1992 at the age of 38. Remarkable stuff.

It's technically true that Campbell was teammates with John Smith on the 1992 Olympic team (along with everyone else on those Hawkeye teams and every other world and Olympic team he made) but the idea that Campbell was doing anything shady to benefit Smith while serving as arbiter for Daton's case is just extremely far fetched. Not remotely credible imo.