uncle bernard

Fix suspended for doping

2 hours ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

...the idea that Campbell was doing anything shady to benefit Smith while serving as arbiter for Daton's case is just extremely far fetched. Not remotely credible imo.

oh, spey...

you poor naive'  bastard...

clearly... 

the arbitration was a conspiracy of the highest order...

fix has been doping since he was 13...

winning four age level international medals means nothing...

and exposing all of this as an anonymous super sleuth on a internet forum is the real goal everyone should ultimately strive for in life...

perhaps someday the blinds will be pulled from your eyes and you will see what the truly enlightened already have...

10 hours ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

yep - originally from Westfield, NJ, he was one of Dan Gable's first recruits while he was still an assistant (free link to interview with Gable about Campbell's recruitment and career).

Campbell was a 2X NCAA champ for Iowa. Made world team in 1977 and placed fifth, the same year he won a title his senior season at Iowa. Made the 1980 Olympic team that was forced to boycott, then won a 1981 World gold medal. Took a five/six year hiatus between 1984-1990. Won Olympic bronze in 1992 at the age of 38. Remarkable stuff.

It's technically true that Campbell was teammates with John Smith on the 1992 Olympic team (along with everyone else on those Hawkeye teams and every other world and Olympic team he made) but the idea that Campbell was doing anything shady to benefit Smith while serving as arbiter for Daton's case is just extremely far fetched. Not remotely credible imo.

Fair enough 

11 hours ago, LJB said:

Yeah...

cadet and junior worlds is chump change...

might as well have been the afton quadrangular...

nailed it...

I’m blanking on exact definitions/terms of straw man and the inserting of hyperbole as forms of weak argument but I feel like this qualifies.

Now I am not you. I won’t make a vague all knowing comment and not address it, I talked about having to cut a bunch and “consistently” wrestle at ones best self against a much more “consistent” level of competition both within tournaments themselves and year round. I could also mention the entirety different form of weigh ins used for those age group medals vs the current rules. As you undoubtedly know, it is much easier to use ones “will” and recover and wrestle well off of night before or morning weigh ins. Than to be able to match after match and tournament after tournament, cut super hard, weigh in 1-2 hours before and have to wrestle a solid opponent right away year round. 

I could elaborate more but you yourself keep talking about how much you know and are connected. I’ll even give credit and assume when “you cut weight” it was 1-2 hour hour weigh ins against solid to good opponents from round 1 on. So you obviously understand weight cutting.

So the point that comparing what Fix did in below adult level competition, using different weigh in rules in his toughest tournaments, to talk about his weight cutting now. Is not a good argument whatsoever. And gets worse the more you actually know wrestling 

*Yes winning children winning age group medals are a relative accomplishment. I did not say they weren’t. 

8 hours ago, LJB said:

oh, spey...

you poor naive'  bastard...

clearly... 

the arbitration was a conspiracy of the highest order...

fix has been doping since he was 13...

winning four age level international medals means nothing...

and exposing all of this as an anonymous super sleuth on a internet forum is the real goal everyone should ultimately strive for in life...

perhaps someday the blinds will be pulled from your eyes and you will see what the truly enlightened already have...

Everyone: please note the use of exaggeration and hyperbole to try to twist and and replace what was actually said. The appeals to emotions and words like conspiracy. I’m bored so let’s address these one by one.

I never said it was a conspiracy. I pointed out the fact I learned. Said it was sketch but also acknowledged it was an Olympic team. Not college and asked about that. Then acknowledged so when informed.

I never said once or even implied Fix doped since he was 13. I pointed out that using the view of a parent watching another kid cut weight and wrestle in elementary and high school as “proof” or an argument against him doing it now was ridiculous and disingenuous. I also pointed out that with current weigh in rules and having to be ready to go right away after a hard cut much more consistently.. that Fix popped positive for the exact supplement one would use.

I never said age group medals mean “nothing”. They are age group medals. They are an impressive relative accomplishment as a stepping stone on the way to higher things. The same way a first year kids first medal is, a kids first state championship, or an eventual national champion’s first time all-American finish. In their context, relative to that kid and the situation. They are amazing and should be lauded.

They are not however.. National titles in DI and/or medals/titles at the senior level. Things which are the peak of the respective styles. With only other grown men just as competitive overall to beat. Where even in the growing top heaviness of the sport. One still has to be ready to go and at your best day in and day out. The average elite high school kid doesn’t have to be ready to go nearly as consistently as they do in the adult levels.

A big problem in our country is overrating age group success and accomplishments and not focusing enough on getting more talent and depth beyond high school or college. 

On 9/10/2020 at 11:56 AM, jp157 said:

So an athlete who wrestled at 133 in large part due to having documented struggles reaching 125. Suddenly starts making 57kg with no apparent issues whatsoever on similar hour-2 hour weigh ins. Ok fine. Plausible but can make people who aren’t dummies or wrestling dads go hmm.

He pops for the exact substance someone cutting a bunch of weight and wanting to retain muscle mass and strength would take. 

None of his supplements were tainted so there is a very weird questionable and only somewhat plausible excu.. er story.

Then a contrarian wrestling dad who is associates or friends with Fix’s wrestling dad. Apparently knows Fix.(No conflict of interest there..) And has seen “Fix cut weight and wrestle other elementary kids and high schoolers”. “Knows” that there is no way Fix would need the exact supplement used for cutting weight.. to cut weight. Against other grown men mind you. Apparently this wrestling dad is an “expert”. Despite having never cut weight. 

Does that sum up the story and this thread? 

Occam's Razor 

When you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.