Jump to content

Recommended Posts

54 minutes ago, steelfrog said:

It appears that Chris Perry is your man if you need recommendations for anabolic agents to ingest...

https://www.usada.org/wp-content/uploads/Daton-Fix-Consent-Award.pdf

 

After reading the page you linked I'm pretty pissed off. Daton didn't even know he was taking the supplement, and the commission believed his story. Testing showed a very small amount in his system consistent with Daton's story. The villain here is obviously his father, who wasn't doing anything wrong but who neglected to tell his son about putting Ostarine in the water bottles. I bet Fix's Dad feels horrible about this whole debacle. Cost his son a year of wrestling, cost him a year of eligibility at the D1 level as well. Plus Daton will always receive "special attention" from drug testers in the future. Seems pretty harsh to slam a kid who didn't even know he was ingesting the stuff like that, especially since he probably derived very little, if any, benefit from it.

Regarding Chris Perry, I don't think you can really blame him for telling Fix's dad where to buy the stuff online. Chris isn't competing anymore, right, he's just coaching? Still I'm sure he'll get a talking to and possibly end up being a fall guy for this.

 


Ostarine is used by mouth to improve athletic performance and for involuntary weight loss in people who are very ill, also known as cachexia or wasting syndrome. But there is very little good scientific research to support these uses.
 

How does it work?

Ostarine attaches to proteins in the body known as androgen receptors. When ostarine binds to these receptors, it tells the muscles in the body to grow. Unlike some other chemicals that bind to androgen receptors, such as steroids, ostarine doesn't seem to cause as many side effects in other parts of the body.

Edited by TobusRex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

After reading the page you linked I'm pretty pissed off. Daton didn't even know he was taking the supplement, and the commission believed his story. Testing showed a very small amount in his system consistent with Daton's story. The villain here is obviously his father, who wasn't doing anything wrong but who neglected to tell his son about putting Ostarine in the water bottles. I bet Fix's Dad feels horrible about this whole debacle. Cost his son a year of wrestling, cost him a year of eligibility at the D1 level as well. Plus Daton will always receive "special attention" from drug testers in the future. Seems pretty harsh to slam a kid who didn't even know he was ingesting the stuff like that, especially since he probably derived very little, if any, benefit from it.

Regarding Chris Perry, I don't think you can really blame him for telling Fix's dad where to buy the stuff online. Chris isn't competing anymore, right, he's just coaching? Still I'm sure he'll get a talking to and possibly end up being a fall guy for this.

 


Ostarine is used by mouth to improve athletic performance and for involuntary weight loss in people who are very ill, also known as cachexia or wasting syndrome. But there is very little good scientific research to support these uses.
 

How does it work?

Ostarine attaches to proteins in the body known as androgen receptors. When ostarine binds to these receptors, it tells the muscles in the body to grow. Unlike some other chemicals that bind to androgen receptors, such as steroids, ostarine doesn't seem to cause as many side effects in other parts of the body.

I've been a big fan of Fix, but despite him passing a polygraph, I have become too jaded about PEDs to believe the story. It's just like every other "accidental" ingestion of a banned substance (I'm sure Z accidentally snorted his dad's coca-cola). And in general, "small amounts" just means they tried to get it out of the system in time to not get popped and it didn't work. I would love someone to talk me into believing him, though.

Regarding his NCAA eligibility, does he actually lose a year? I didn't read everything, but his suspension would be up in early Feb, right? So he could be eligible, especially if the season is pushed back to spring only (I still doubt there will be a season).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Crotalus said:

I've been a big fan of Fix, but despite him passing a polygraph, I have become too jaded about PEDs to believe the story. It's just like every other "accidental" ingestion of a banned substance (I'm sure Z accidentally snorted his dad's coca-cola). And in general, "small amounts" just means they tried to get it out of the system in time to not get popped and it didn't work. I would love someone to talk me into believing him, though.

Regarding his NCAA eligibility, does he actually lose a year? I didn't read everything, but his suspension would be up in early Feb, right? So he could be eligible, especially if the season is pushed back to spring only (I still doubt there will be a season).

I don't think he loses a year of eligibility.  He took an Olympic redshirt last year, and is eligible to take another one this year.

Daton is really lucky that this will have no impact on his Olympic and NCAA eligibility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

I don't think he loses a year of eligibility.  He took an Olympic redshirt last year, and is eligible to take another one this year.

Daton is really lucky that this will have no impact on his Olympic and NCAA eligibility.

I thought Daton redshirted his first year? Hope I'm wrong and he doesn't lose any NCAA eligibility on this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Crotalus said:

I've been a big fan of Fix, but despite him passing a polygraph, I have become too jaded about PEDs to believe the story. It's just like every other "accidental" ingestion of a banned substance (I'm sure Z accidentally snorted his dad's coca-cola). And in general, "small amounts" just means they tried to get it out of the system in time to not get popped and it didn't work. I would love someone to talk me into believing him, though.

Regarding his NCAA eligibility, does he actually lose a year? I didn't read everything, but his suspension would be up in early Feb, right? So he could be eligible, especially if the season is pushed back to spring only (I still doubt there will be a season).

Good points all. I hope in Daton's case he was telling the truth (and I'm inclined to believe him).

I thought Daton took a RS his first year? So he'd have 3 years left, right? Prior to getting popped?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whether an ADA suspension affects his NCAA eligibility remains to be seen. I'm not sure that the NCAA can't impose supplemental discipline within their own jurisdiction.

This story has everything. An "accidental" ingestion during an out-of-competition period ... because it was being taken by his father ... who was recommended the product by an assistant coach at his school ... and he took it with a "wellness drink" that his mother sells through a multi-level marketing company. Wonderful.

It says it was a consent judgment so it sounds like a settlement to me. "Here is our story, we'll accept a year suspension and not fight as long as you don't go for two." The panel accepted the stipulated facts that the USADA and Fix agreed to. Smart lawyering because if he had to have that story evaluated in real time by hostile opposing counsel he could have wound up with as much as 4 years if the panel didn't believe him or his father. Chris Perry's twitter is locked and I don't think he wants to answer any questions either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

I thought Daton took a RS his first year? So he'd have 3 years left, right? Prior to getting popped?

That is correct. So he could not us a RS to preserve eligibility during his suspension. But if there is no additional NCAA sanctions and his suspension is up in early Feb, is there any reason he couldn't immediately be eligible to compete? I'm not real familiar with NCAA guidelines regarding this type of stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Crotalus said:

I've been a big fan of Fix, but despite him passing a polygraph, I have become too jaded about PEDs to believe the story. It's just like every other "accidental" ingestion of a banned substance (I'm sure Z accidentally snorted his dad's coca-cola). And in general, "small amounts" just means they tried to get it out of the system in time to not get popped and it didn't work. I would love someone to talk me into believing him, though.

Regarding his NCAA eligibility, does he actually lose a year? I didn't read everything, but his suspension would be up in early Feb, right? So he could be eligible, especially if the season is pushed back to spring only (I still doubt there will be a season).

This.  Just not buying it.  It was the old man's PED's?  Come on man, take responsibility for your mistake and move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, balanceseeker said:

This.  Just not buying it.  It was the old man's PED's?  Come on man, take responsibility for your mistake and move on.

If he had known, or had done it intentionally, I guarantee there would zero trace in his system. Flushes are super easy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, balanceseeker said:

This.  Just not buying it.  It was the old man's PED's?  Come on man, take responsibility for your mistake and move on.

Did you read the brief?  The doctor said the very low level was consistent with the quantity of water he said he drank.  You cannot make up a story and get that right.

But if this is true:

Derek purchased the ostarine online approximately two weeks earlier on 
the advice of his friend, Chris Perry

Chris Perry should be immediately let go!  If he recommended this product he should not be working at a public university and giving advice to athletes/students.

Ostarine is the trademarked name for a Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator (SARM) that is not approved for human use or consumption in the U.S., or in any other country. In recent years, WADA has reported an increasing number of positive tests involving SARMs, and athletes who use these substances most likely obtain them through black market channels.

Edited by ionel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ionel said:

Chris Perry should be immediately let go!  If he recommended this product he should not be working at a public university and giving advice to athletes/students.

I dont disagree with you, but when I hear Chris Perry is encouraging that, I cant help but wonder just how prevalent this kind of stuff is in wrestling. Are we all naive to think its not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ionel said:

Did you read the brief?  The doctor said the very low level was consistent with the quantity of water he said he drank.  You cannot make up a story and get that right.

But if this is true:

Derek purchased the ostarine online approximately two weeks earlier on 
the advice of his friend, Chris Perry

Chris Perry should be immediately let go!  If he recommended this product he should not be working at a public university and giving advice to athletes/students.

Ostarine is the trademarked name for a Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator (SARM) that is not approved for human use or consumption in the U.S., or in any other country. In recent years, WADA has reported an increasing number of positive tests involving SARMs, and athletes who use these substances most likely obtain them through black market channels.

I'd disagree on firing Chris Perry out of hand. Just because Chris knows where to find supplements and stuff like that doesn't necessarily mean he's pushing illegal supplements on his wrestlers (or using them himself). I've not heard of any of OSU's other boys testing positive for anything. Plus I've seen nothing to say that Ostarine use is illegal (cops aren't going to show up at Fix's house and arrest his Dad). What surprises me though is that Ostarine is not approved of for human use, yet it's being openly marketed online? How the hell does that work? WebMD is uncertain about Ostarine's effects and such because so little testing has been done, apparently.

Chris is one of our own. Give him the benefit of the doubt, but investigate and verify the truth. If he's doing underhanded things, well, he should be asked to move on in no uncertain terms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Drake_Mallard said:

Also, since this is a college forum, I think we should assume that Chris Perry was taking PEDs all along(since he clearly has experience with them) and retroactively award Mike Evans the title that was stolen from him. Its only fair.

Mike Evans never even made the finals, dude.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

I'd disagree on firing Chris Perry out of hand. Just because Chris knows where to find supplements and stuff like that doesn't necessarily mean he's pushing illegal supplements on his wrestlers (or using them himself). I've not heard of any of OSU's other boys testing positive for anything. Plus I've seen nothing to say that Ostarine use is illegal (cops aren't going to show up at Fix's house and arrest his Dad). What surprises me though is that Ostarine is not approved of for human use, yet it's being openly marketed online? How the hell does that work? WebMD is uncertain about Ostarine's effects and such because so little testing has been done, apparently.

Chris is one of our own. Give him the benefit of the doubt, but investigate and verify the truth. If he's doing underhanded things, well, he should be asked to move on in no uncertain terms.

I said nothing to suggest he is pushing supplements to wrestlers.  My point is if he is advising anyone to take a substance not approved for human consumption then he doesn't have the good judgment to be working at the university.  And moreover there is no reason he should be advising a wrestler's parent on anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, ionel said:

My point is if he is advising anyone to take a substance not approved for human consumption then he doesn't have the good judgment to be working at the university.

The FDA might be as corrupt and silly as the NCAA... 

might be...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...